BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile
Default Hiding Bottom Dock in Today Plus Theme?

Please Login to Remove!

I know this will probably never get answered and I know life isn't fair but here goes my question and then into a bit of a rant because I think I know the answer but I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Question:
I have used the Plazmic 4.6 (pretty easy to learn by the way and nice they added use Device Application Order so the users select the icons on the zen portion of the custom themes). I would like to have the effect that when a user is in the Today portion of the Today Plus Home Screen the zen icons are hidden and when the Zen icons are visible the Today screen is dimmed. Does anyone know how to do this?

Rant:
I am pretty sure this requires additional tools and/or insider information about what to do with the file before, during or after the conversion process but it seems that bPlay is the only company that has this capability. This seems pretty unfair to other theme developers if this is the case and I think someone should spill the beans on the process to create this visual effect. I would not care so much if bPlay created more of them and possibly even did the BB user community a favor and publish a free theme similar to the Dimension Today Plus Bottom Dock theme but that will never happen because they are in business to make money. I know this is going no where but I had to get it off my chest so thank you for reading (or ignoring me) on this topic.
:End Rant
Old 10-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
rpjohs

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Would love to do it as well, but unfortunately, can not. Would love RIM to offer a free Today+ theme like that already have except with the dock on the bottom. Would be nice.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

You DO have the ability to do this. You just have to know how to use Plazmic Composer.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
slmoney
CrackBerry Addict

There is a SAMPLE of a todayplus theme in the the Themes/Samples/Custom directory of the 4.6 CDK
Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
BCollins521
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask...

The sample isn't a plug in play though, there is still stuff that needs done to it for it to work..

Get My Themes Here! | [email address] | Twitter
Old 10-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
7100simpleisbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMB4 View Post
You DO have the ability to do this. You just have to know how to use Plazmic Composer.
Scott,

I am pleasantly surprised by your response. I was not aware that composer could do this.....now the million dollar question.

How?

Thanks for as much as you have provided...any more details are greatly appreciated.

SIBION
Old 10-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter View Post
Scott,

I am pleasantly surprised by your response. I was not aware that composer could do this.....now the million dollar question.

How?

Thanks for as much as you have provided...any more details are greatly appreciated.

SIBION
How? That is the question that most of us ask...

I couldn't tell you because I am not sure myself.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
7100simpleisbetter

I will check out the samples. I am downloading the official 4.6 now as I understand they were not in the beta release.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Heavy Fluid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask please
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am pretty sure that they are. I downloaded the beta, and I found the one mentioned.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #10
7100simpleisbetter

I only had a banner.svg and a bunch of other .cp files that were not focused on themes but weather apps and clocks, etc. If anyone can zip and email me the custom theme and svg files to me it would be appreciated: sibion at yahoo dot com is my email address.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #11
7100simpleisbetter

Okay, now that I have the official 4.6 release of the CDK I have seen the Today Plus custom theme using the SVG files from Composer. It is geared to the Bold which has some other nice features to make the Today Plus work properly like Navigation to direct the cursor from the Profile to the Messages, Calendar then the "Theme Buttons". I have ported the SVG to the 81xx which took me a while because I am just guessing at how to do this and I now get the animation of the icons appearing when they are "InFocus".

Here are my current challenges if anyone has any ideas.

1. I cannot figure out how to tell the Theme Builder (or Composer) that I want the Default initial icon selected to be the top item on my Today list (in my case the messages, followed by calendar then finall drop down to the Plus icons).

2. I cannot figure out how to have the focus icon display the yellow selection highlight as in the standard Dimension theme as it currently relies on a focus icon to be slightly different to distinguish it from the unselected icons.

3. Less important but I cannot figure out how to tell Composer or Theme Builder that I want the Zen looking Plus feature to scroll right to left instead of using the up and down scroll.

Any ideas would be great!!!

SIB
Old 10-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #12
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

3. Theme Builder - Theme the Home Screen - Navigation - Horizontal Layout-Navigate Up to Profiles Icon.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
fizbin

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter View Post
Okay, now that I have the official 4.6 release of the CDK I have seen the Today Plus custom theme using the SVG files from Composer. It is geared to the Bold which has some other nice features to make the Today Plus work properly like Navigation to direct the cursor from the Profile to the Messages, Calendar then the "Theme Buttons". I have ported the SVG to the 81xx which took me a while because I am just guessing at how to do this and I now get the animation of the icons appearing when they are "InFocus".

Here are my current challenges if anyone has any ideas.

1. I cannot figure out how to tell the Theme Builder (or Composer) that I want the Default initial icon selected to be the top item on my Today list (in my case the messages, followed by calendar then finall drop down to the Plus icons).

2. I cannot figure out how to have the focus icon display the yellow selection highlight as in the standard Dimension theme as it currently relies on a focus icon to be slightly different to distinguish it from the unselected icons.

3. Less important but I cannot figure out how to tell Composer or Theme Builder that I want the Zen looking Plus feature to scroll right to left instead of using the up and down scroll.

Any ideas would be great!!!

SIB
700SimpleIsBetter,

How did you port the TodayPlus theme to the 81xx? I have an 8830, and when I did an import and resize, that does not work....
Closed Thread