sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default 2 weeks with my AT&T Bold

Please Login to Remove!

How many case numbers can I have?

RIM has been polite but basically unable to help. AT&T tech is worthless. They had me pull the battery for a crunchy trackball issue, that was it. I'm getting a replacement tomorrow.

I sync with pocketmac. Constant duplicates in calander and garbled data in contacts. Most distressing losing important business and personal information. This one know one seem to have a clue on.

Desktop Manager under Parallels. OK. I spent a night on this. Parallels could not help, neither could RIM. I updated Parallels to 4.0. and after a night plugging away I have a rock solid desktop manager. I found the problem. I found the fix. A forehead slapper but I'm many years a PC person and only 18 months on mac. Sucks going back and forth but desktop manager is solid. Unfortunately I have my Itunes in MAC and have not figured how to sync across platforms. So I manually move playlists to my 8gb card.

Speaking of which as I walked to work today with awesome Phillips bluetooth headset the music started hiccuping and did it all day.

Trackball sensor is apparenly busted. Several of my curves did this. When I try and go left it is not smooth. I blew compressed air in and it did not help. The RIM rep suggested I removed the cover and blow it out and in the same sentence said I would void the warranty.

I keep freezing at call log. Can't get out without a hard reset. No button does anything but flash the screen.

Why would any iPhone user switch to storm without a desktop Manager for mac? So where the heck is it?

Great device. Love it. Maybe I got a bad unit. But it seems like there a lot of very noticeable issues that could have been vetted.

I asked RIM to participate in the MAC media Synch beta. They laughed. Could they possibly have a MAC DM in the works or will they just buy crummy pocketmac and re-brand it? Speaking of pocket mac, even though it has an Itunes tab it does not work. Why? Rim says pocketmac gets confused with the onboard memory and the microsd card. That means pocketmac sync will never work as they really are not an "on the ball" kind of company.

So those are my 2cents. Now must re-boot because im frozen at call log.

How was your Bold day?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
soupandsandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesme View Post
How was your Bold day?
A heck of a lot better than yours.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

All the years I've been online, I was BBS banking in 1986, I've never participated in a forum until now. But damn I loves my blackberry and want someone in waterloo to HEAR ME. Glad your day was better.

I did get BBweather to finally work. Thats a plus
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #4
Swede
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Originally Posted by sesme....
How was your Bold today?

I am afraid to answer this as I dont feel like doing a reboot right now.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

My Bold has been fine - a few issues, but all resolved.

It sounds to me - purely a guess - as if your unit at some point got some water in it. Take it back to AT&T & swap it for a good one.