Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
melendrezj38
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Question unlocking T-mobile 8120

Please Login to Remove!

SO I got a question, obviously. If I were to get a T-mobile 8120 and purchase an unlock code so I can use it with At&T would the Myfaves and Wifif Hotspot programing still be there? and would it function on my AT&t sim? Thanks to all in advance!!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
madj42
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
PIN: ky and the brain
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by melendrezj38 View Post
SO I got a question, obviously. If I were to get a T-mobile 8120 and purchase an unlock code so I can use it with At&T would the Myfaves and Wifif Hotspot programing still be there? and would it function on my AT&t sim? Thanks to all in advance!!
The programming would still be there but you wouldn't be able to use myfaves on AT&T. As far as the Wifi it would still work but since AT&T doesn't have UMA that wouldn't work. Regular browsing however should work.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

You will also not get the free HotSpots you got when the SIM was on T-Mobile.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

Model: 8320
PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

FYI: If you got a Curve from Tmobile and I assume you had to get a plan with it, you could qualify to get it unlocked for free with Tmobile if you meet certain conditions.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
ario.cj.dre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Unloc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Tmobile will unlock any blackberry for free. Just call customer service and let them know you are going out of the country and need your phone unlocked. They will email you the code within 24 hours
Old 09-26-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
dt1401

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

This is the information I got from T-Mobile Site on unlocking my phone. I have sent and e-mail saying I am going to be in London for 3 months with my job and need a unlock code so I can use pre-paid service there. I will let you know what the responce is.

SIM Card Unlock Code FAQs

What is a SIM card unlock code? ›
How long does it take to obtain the SIM card unlock code? ›
What are the qualifications to be granted my SIM card unlock code? ›
How do I obtain a SIM card unlock code? ›
I have a phone from another carrier that I would like to use with my T-Mobile service, how do I obtain the unlock code? ›
Are there any T-Mobile handsets that cannot be unlocked? ›
I am a T-Mobile® To Go(SM) customer and would like to have my phone unlocked; what are the guidelines that I need to follow so I can do this? ›

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a SIM card unlock code?

A SIM card unlock code is a unique number that is specific to each phone, which allows phones to be unlocked in order to use any carrier’s SIM card.

How long does it take to obtain the SIM card unlock code?

In most cases, a SIM card unlock request can be completed within 24-48 hours after submission to T-Mobile. There are instances that it may take up to seven business days for the unlock code to be obtained from the manufacturer. In these specific cases, T-Mobile does not have a way to escalate the issue.

What are the qualifications to be granted my SIM card unlock code?

To obtain the SIM card unlock code for your phone, refer to the following list of qualifications:

T-Mobile can provide SIM card unlock codes only for phones sold by T-Mobile USA, with the exception of Sidekick® devices. T-Mobile can obtain SIM card unlock codes for companies acquired by T-Mobile USA, Inc. (VoiceStream®, Aerial, Omnipoint, SOL, Digiph, PCS One, and Powertel).
SIM card unlock codes will only be provided after your account has been active for 90 days. Only one unlock code may be provided per customer every 90 days.
No SIM card unlock codes will be provided within the 14-Day Buyer's Remorse period. Customers who purchase phones in California or via Amazon.com are granted a 30-Day Buyer's Remorse period.
How would I obtain a SIM card unlock code?

You can request a SIM card unlock code by sending an e-mail. Your request will be reviewed for compliance with the SIM card unlock requirements. Approved requests will receive an e-mail the unlock code and step by step instructions on how to unlock your phone.

NOTE: In addition to filling in the required details for the e-mail, the body of the e-mail will also need to include the IMEI (equipment identity number) for your phone. To obtain this number, dial *#06# and then press Send. The number will display on your phone.

I have a phone from another carrier that I would like to use with my T-Mobile service, how do I obtain the unlock code?

If you have a handset from another carrier that you would like to use with T-Mobile, you will need to contact your previous carrier and receive the code prior to being able to use a T-Mobile SIM card.

Are there any T-Mobile phones that cannot be unlocked?

Currently, all T-Mobile Sidekick® phones and the T-Mobile To Go Nokia 2610P are unable to be unlocked.

I am a T-Mobile To Go customer and would like to have my phone unlocked; what are the guidelines that I need to follow so I can do this?

To obtain the SIM unlock code for your T-Mobile To Go phone, you will need the following:

A T-Mobile phone number
A valid contact name and e-mail address
The account must be active for 90 days and a prepaid refill purchased within the last 30 days
If you meet all these requirements, then you can submit an e-mail to request the SIM card unlock code for your phone.

tm51885
Closed Thread