BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
Chen_Kenichi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Lotus Notes Related Question (Cingular BIS with 8700c)

Please Login to Remove!

Guys - I am freaking out...
My company does not support Blackberry but I set up a rule in Lotus Notes to forward e-mails to my gmail account then to my 8700c using BIS. I do this because I am outside of office running between customers all the time - and this is the only way I am able to keep a tab on what are going on through out the day.
By that I am pretty sure that there is no synchronization between my gmail account and Lotus Notes. However, recently I found that some of my e-mails in Lotus Notes were labeled read (changing color and no "*" in front of these e-mails). Could this mean that somehow Lotus Notes is getting the trigger from gmail or BIS to set them as "read"? I cannot determine any pattern and the occurrences seemed random.
I am freaking out because my company doesn't officially support Blackberry usage and I don't want to get into trouble for doing so.
Can someone please let me know if BIS is syncing with Lotus Notes?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
Cocooningweb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Cellular South

BIS won't synchronize with Lotus Notes if you get your emails on your Blackberry through a Notes rule. To solve your problem, my guess would be to set a second rule in Notes that would say something like if forwarded to blackberry mark as unread.

Another way to get your emails forwarded from Notes would be to use the Blackberry redirector (or connector, I can't remember how it's called). When you install the Blackberry Desktop manager select BES instead of BIS. This will allow you to configure your email account with the Desktop manager. The only thing is that your work computer has to be running at all time. It will also save your emails sent from your Blackberry in your sent box of Notes (at least it does it with Outlook). I never tried the redirector with Notes, my employer is very strict about installing softwares on our computer.

Good luck !
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 AM   #3
chris_nor_cal

Model: 8700C

dude you in pharma? we must work for the same company
Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
hedger48

Model: 8700e
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I set up the mail connector. It almost works perfect. Sends mail, receives mail, syncs read mail and sent messasges.

One big problem, it won't let me forward any mails and if I reply to a mail, it sends a blank message, no body. Can anyone help?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
VanillaEps
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedger48
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I set up the mail connector. It almost works perfect. Sends mail, receives mail, syncs read mail and sent messasges.

One big problem, it won't let me forward any mails and if I reply to a mail, it sends a blank message, no body. Can anyone help?

How did you pull this off?
Closed Thread