Old 10-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Yellowfin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
PIN: 30105C09
Carrier: Verizon
Default Removing previous user account

Please Login to Remove!

I'm helping my lady with her new 7250 on Verizon and have run into a snag. I've run into some answers for but not the answer I want (and searched numerous other sources and forums): is there ANY way to get rid of the previous user's email profile without involving them so we can put a new one on there for her? We might not be able to get ahold of them for a while, plus refurb I might by for myself might not have previous user known which of course would make it impossible for me to get them to delete the profile for that PIN. I tried calling customer support and they tried to delete it, but it didn't work it.

Has anyone run into this? I know it's supposedly for theft protection but in this case it's being too overprotective.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

Customer service should be able to delete the profile off the BB. Cingular and Tmo can do it, Verizon should be able to do it as well. Try calling back and getting ahold someone who knows a little more about what you are talking about.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
Eddiiieee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

I think you can actually delete the email account from the phone.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc
Customer service should be able to delete the profile off the BB. Cingular and Tmo can do it, Verizon should be able to do it as well. Try calling back and getting ahold someone who knows a little more about what you are talking about.
Tmobile can only delete it with the previous account owner's verification. Even if you say you bought the phone from them and needed to change the email address attached to the BlackBerry, they will not be able to change it without the original account holder telling them to. I have this for a fact because I experienced it. I sold a 7100t to a friend of mine and she was not able to delete the email associated with that blackberry without me verifying that it was indeed okay for it to be purge from the system so a new profile will be created. If they have set up their account, and all email messages related to it including the tmo.mail, it can only be deleted by the original owner's request.

Old 11-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

You can do it yourself. I did when I sold my VZW 7130e. Here's what I did:

- when to my BIS account and changed the handheld PIN/ESN. This should d/l all the service books to the new device.
- have the new BB owner create their account in the BIS. This requires the old PIN/ESN.
- the new user creates their email account and BB address
Old 12-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
manfred33

Model: 7130e
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
You can do it yourself. I did when I sold my VZW 7130e. Here's what I did:

- when to my BIS account and changed the handheld PIN/ESN. This should d/l all the service books to the new device.
- have the new BB owner create their account in the BIS. This requires the old PIN/ESN.
- the new user creates their email account and BB address
I am new to all of this, I just got a BB 7130e to be used with Sprint. I want to change the esn on it to the esn from my current phone I have set up with Sprint. Any way to do this? I understand that there is a way to do this, but not sure how.
Closed Thread