BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Poot

Model: 8700g
Default Problem with Outlook Web Access

Please Login to Remove!

I work at a small not for profit in New York City. We have a handful of blackberry's and use T mobile as our provider. We don't use a bes and set up our exchange email accounts on T mobiles web site.

Anyway, sometime last week we started getting some emails on our bbs with no body...the heading would come across but not the text. Weird. Anyway we tracked it down to our users who use the Outlook Web Access feature. When an email is sent from OWA it shows up fine in Outlook and on the web but not on the BB. On the BB we only get the subject and thats it.

When I send something from OWA to another account I have set up on my BB( tmo.blackberry.net address) it shows up fine. I also sent an email from OWA to a former coworker who received it fine on his bb....they go through a bes.

It's probably some kind of Outlook problem on our end but I'm just curious if anyone has come across anything like this.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Trindy

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I came here to ask the very same question. Our carrier is Verizon and we're having the same issue.

I have my home email address set up on my BB and I receive email fine. We can receive email from other domains but when we send to someone within the company the body is gone, yet if the same message is opened with Outlook or OWA the body is there. The strange thing is that if we forward the blank message from our BB and open it in Outlook, the body contains a bunch of =0A=. Nobody knows that that =0A= means. I spent an hour on the phone with a Verizon tech the other day and he was completely stumped.

Last edited by Trindy; 08-03-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Old 08-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
Wishdemon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

This is actually a problem from RIM....they are aware of it and are working on it, but as of yet, dont have a timetable as to when itll get fixed...
Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I am a Verizon user. They claim that they have fixed the problem to some extent. I am still having the problem I believe. At some pt, I am interested in figuring out the cause of the problrm and what they did to fix it. I know that many of use are experiencing the symptoms.
Closed Thread