Old 02-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #21
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aergina
Good product for me to holster my BB with my duty gear.
Gotta hold on and protect the BB when chasing the bad guys!!!
I can't see the behind the desk BB users with the "rugged look."
When I'm in my suit, I like to use the OEM case...i kno, i kno...I need to upgrade the holder...
This holster might be what I'm looking for. When I get my H-D out to r-i-d-e this spring, I'm gonna want a HD case (acronym pun intended). But at work, it's different story in the office. I'd rather not mimic our security guard!

Steve
Old 02-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #22
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

The OEM Rugged case is not "cop like". It is moulded leather so it holds it shape and has snaps for the belt loop closure. It's open at the top.

I think it's a great alternative for users wanting some intrusion protection while not addding much in the way of bulk.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #23
xonkberry

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

I ordered the rugged case last week and received it today. It doesn't look too 'cop like' but i'm not crazy about the snaps for the belt loop and the velcro to hold the top closed. It does protect my 7520 better than the standard-issue holster however so I will try it with an open mind. I will report any problems to the forum members and guests.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #24
xonkberry

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

Here is my take... It is a well-built case- workmanship, stitching, leather quality are all excellent. Design of the case leaves something to be desired. The snaps on the belt loop is a bad idea. I have resorted to taking my belt off to remove the case. The snaps take too much pressure to engage and you end up pushing on your blackberry to make them snap. A steel belt clip with some sort of safety mechanism would be much better. In addition, the case could be improved with a magnetic snap closure (similar to many ipod cases) as opposed to velcro. Overall I give the case a 7 (out of 10).
Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #25
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xonkberry
Here is my take... It is a well-built case- workmanship, stitching, leather quality are all excellent. Design of the case leaves something to be desired. The snaps on the belt loop is a bad idea. I have resorted to taking my belt off to remove the case. The snaps take too much pressure to engage and you end up pushing on your blackberry to make them snap. A steel belt clip with some sort of safety mechanism would be much better. In addition, the case could be improved with a magnetic snap closure (similar to many ipod cases) as opposed to velcro. Overall I give the case a 7 (out of 10).

Might I suggest that you DO NOT place your BlackBerry in the case when attaching the snaps - this avoids the pressure on the unit itself. The other side of your obervation that you had to resort to taking your belt off to remove the case can be a positive... the snaps will not pop open under extreme conditions. If the case retention is like previous cases of similar design the snaps will "wear in" a bit making the closure and release somewhat easier. Clearly this may not be the optimum style for you (not for me either) but we have sold quite a few with the response being postives for the things you mentioned.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #26
Steve

These is just a design critique as I have not yet purchased one of these.

My ol' Canon ELPH camera case has a permanently stiched on loop to slide onto my belt. For an absolutly positive attachment to a belt, you can't beat that. So, given that, I don't see the point of the snaps other than they were a good idea at the time.

The velcro flap could have been removable by snapping it to the back. The idea for a magnet isn't bad since they install one anyway for the standby, but wouldnt be as secure.

I'm still using the plastic OEM case and will keep watching for the right case for me. My wife has an executive pink case and she loves it, but it's not for me.

Steve
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #27
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Steve I have a lime green case with your name all over it!

My point above was that the design of that case has some specific users in mind. The belt loop concept is fine but the snaps allow removal while keeping your belt on or if you have other accessories on your belt to at least remove the case without the need to remove other items. The snaps are two tier for different belt heights.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I recieved all my stuff safe and sound packaged very professionally Great communication smart even added a holster to my order for me Will def do business again
Old 02-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #29
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Steve I have a lime green case with your name all over it!

My point above was that the design of that case has some specific users in mind. The belt loop concept is fine but the snaps allow removal while keeping your belt on or if you have other accessories on your belt to at least remove the case without the need to remove other items. The snaps are two tier for different belt heights.
Ack! Will it wash off?!

I'll think about the black exec or the heavy-duty. If I do, I'll place an order with ya!

Thanks,
Steve