BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #21
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Come on corey and the rest of the guys, this is not good for the blood pressure or the stress level. The name calling doesn't serve any good purpose. Roofus why don't we encourage a truce instead of joining the fight?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #22
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Oh... and shadowdick... have a look at your posts, there is absolutely nothing more interesting that you have posted other than 'i want this' or 'gmail rocks'

go f*ck yourself.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #23
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzuluberries
on the flip side.......PAWN, don't you guys have directory assistance in Canada (411-might be a stupid question, but i make it a habit not to assume)? Next time, call around. you save everyone from doing work you could easily do as well as saving yourself from the ire of those with short fuses.
No doubt, sure. But, ummmm, isn't that what a forum like this is about? To help one another and discuss something we all enjoy? It gets very tiring when there always seems to be some punk ready to stick a shiv in you just for asking a simple question. Why not move on? Anyway, as I watch that idiot unravel before our very eyes in this thread, I think it's pretty obvious who's at fault here.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #24
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
OK then well atleast I know a little more about Canada than I did five minutes ago.
That's OK. My knowledge of Georgia starts and ends with the time I made the mistake of asking for a beer at a Cracker Barrrel in Savanna.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:26 PM   #25
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
This guy talks like this from behind his computer. If I were ever at a bar and this little f*ck said something like this to me, which I don't care what it means, I would punch the f*ck outta him... I would love to see this chump try and call someone names like this in real life.
As laughable as it is, do you know what the problem is with acting out the Internet Tough Guy routine (besides the fact it shows you have no ability to compete with me in this medium of course)? Eventually you're going to run into a 6'-4", 250 lb guy like me. Not that I'd ever fight, since I almost certainly have more to lose, and kids (like you) these days don't fight one on one, or without weapons. Nope, I think I'll be happy to come home to my family without getting swarmed. As for the bar, spend some time at Offside at Doublerinks (or whatever it'll be called when it re-opens), I hang out there after playing pretty often. I'll start randomly yelling "Pug Ugly Troglodyte" whenever I'm there just for you.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #26
roofus

Model: PassP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rta53
Come on corey and the rest of the guys, this is not good for the blood pressure or the stress level. The name calling doesn't serve any good purpose. Roofus why don't we encourage a truce instead of joining the fight?
It's "roofus" thank you very much!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 PM   #27
corey@12mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
Anyway, as I watch that idiot unravel before our very eyes in this thread, I think it's pretty obvious who's at fault here.
Ya... the person who is too lazy to make more than 2 phone calls and then rants about it on your tird or fourth post? Really, finding a battery isn't that hard to do. Oh... 6'-4" 250lbs... I'm not too worried.

You people can call me an idiot all you want, but here's what matters, I manage 7 BES servers with several thousand clients and don't have problems finding parts or answers or anything.

I spend the time I need to spend to solve my issues. I help a lot of people as well, but when I read dumb question after dumb question from lazy people after lazy people, I am going to say my piece. If you don't like it, too bad. I have given a lot more to this place than all of you combined, especially you shadowgoof. Did you ever think that there is a reason why I am not banned? Because I do contribute and I don't put up with BS. Moderators here for the most part have to put up with the BS, they used to do the standard try using the search for 'blah blah', notice how they don't even do that anymore?

Why don't people take some initiative on their own? There are a growing number of posts where people have come here and either lurked or searched and found what they need withour the need for a stupid or redundant post. I can't commend these people enough.

Maybe before you are jump on my back, LEARN SOMETHING! Take some time and devote it to learning how to use your blackberry or to fix your problems. Don't come here and rant because you get network connection refused, or because you can't find an accessory... fast enough. Take care of the problem yourself, that's what everyone else does. What makes you so special?

People... do something for yourselves once in a while, not only is it self gratifying, but it keeps those of us who try and help people with real issues somewhat sane.

FWIW, normally I get a PM from one of the mods asking me to tone down my arguments, but I haven't gotten one as of yet. Maybe even more people are agreeing with me. Cut the crap/redundent posts out of here and there is no need for threads like this.

cd.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #28
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

You mean Savannah and why in the world would you ask for a beer in a cracker barrel? Its no where on the menu..

Not to mention I think you could look around and see that no one else is drinking anything harder than a glass of iced tea or a cola of some sort. Not every eating establishment serves adult beverages..

but as far as this thread is done use the phone book to do your work next time andmaybe it wont start an argument or move to the states where you seem to think we have all the accessories
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
That's OK. My knowledge of Georgia starts and ends with the time I made the mistake of asking for a beer at a Cracker Barrrel in Savanna.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #29
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT
Lightbulb

Interesting ...

Yes, I think the OP is on to something. If it isn't catered towards the teenie bopper crowd with their SMS'ing, MP3 ringtone playing, blue LED flashy phones, then no, it won't widely be supported.

At least at work, the idea seems to be if we need anything (accessory wise, or a new phone, or activation) we are expected to call our Nextel, Cingular, or T-Mobile rep, and they usually bring it out the Next day. Or failing that by the end of the week. Granted we could just drive to either their stores (or the equivalent of) their regional offices, but there are no BBs or BBs accessories to be had there. So I'm not sure where they actually get the stuff from so fast. Or how they get it. We aren't encouraged to going into the stores at all. Just phone the rep.

So if you have a personal account and not a corporate or business one, I could see how this could be frustrating. Actually this works out well for us. We order the BB, get it by the end of the week, hand delivered. Get the number ported over between 9-11AM. <30 min I have them set up on the BES. The rep come back and spends 1-4 hours training the person and answering questions. In another week the rep comes back with some extra accessories once our user has gotten acclimated to the BB.

And that way we don't have to bother with mailorder.

I hope that helps.

Aaron
Old 09-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #30
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
It's "roofus" thank you very much!
I took pains to spell it properly and still got it wrong? Oh well.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:31 AM   #31
shadowlesss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......Get a life! Oh Yea..Thanks for proving the point again!! You are an idiot!! You know nothing about me, what my skills are, etc..but we do know that you are childish...hey you have even said this yourself! OH YEA..I have seen where Guess has already got on your a$$ and asked that you cool it and just walk away..but still you are too childish to do so!!! You think that you are helping people here??? If you really want to help people donate some time and go help the Hurricane victims....oh yea you are probably to childish, you will probably just tell them how they are a bunch of dumba$$'$.

Quote:
Oh... you know what shadowf*cker... that post you point to... maybe you should get some common sense... my very first post was actually constructive if you know anything about device programming. You don't know what you are talking about and you look at it from a layman's point of view... if this has it, then that should have it too. You call me an idiot and say I prove it in that thread, well what I read from that thread is me posting constructive critisism about the idea, as well as possible ways to do it. I also talk about the reality of implementing something like this.

You say you are all that but in reality, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Have someone with a little bit more brainpower than you read the thread. You, are the idiot. You think everything is *easy* guess again. Why don't you learn to do something on your own and then you can answer questions with a little more authority. You are too stupid to understand the technicals behind any of this stuff, so until you get a half a brain to comprehend with, go sit in a corner.

and I'm the idiot.

cd.

Kindness Is The Ability To Love
Old 09-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #32
corey@12mile

Un huh... once again, you are calling me an idiot... but you still have never helped anyone here, never provided an answer to any type of technical question. You are a troll! plain and simple. You get on me about whatever, why don't you beg to be a mod, and then you can do whatever you wish to me... fat chance eh. Show me where Guess has told me to cool it?

Don't bring hurricane victims into this... I feel for them, but I don't think I will take time off work to actually go there and I would much rather spend my money on improving my own life. It's bad enough that I am being gouged for fuel and lumber because of the hurricanes.

I know I know... now you are going to call me selfish right... well I choose to live in an area that is far above sea level, far from the shores of any major body of water, out of tornado danger and not on a fault line. What do you expect to happen when your entire city is below sea level in an area know for tropical storms and such. What do you expect when your president is more concerned about increasing his own personal wealth then he is concerned with the people who voted him into office.

You keep calling me names, but you know you can't argue with the fact that I have helped out countless people here, you have helped out nobody, I bring things into perspective and you just fantasize and think everything is easy to accomplish. You call yourself a corporate programmer but I think you are a janitor, because you really are to stupid to do anything intellectual.

shadowgoof.... really, do yourself a favour and f*ck off... you don't contribute anything whatsoever. Even with the little tiffs I get into on here, my contributions far outweigh the not-so-nice things I say and/or do... That is why I am still around. Plus, it's brings excitement. I may be rude and crude, but most people get a chuckle out of it. It really is time for you to go sit in a corner.

I'll make you a deal... you go through the forums and find 2 people having a problem, technical in nature and solve it for them. Not just regurge an answer from somewhere else, but actually help them solve it and I will never start an argument here again...

For the meanwhile, I will hold off arguing with anyone until after my birthday, unless the person starts with me that is...

cd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlesss
BLAH BLAH BLAH.......Get a life! Oh Yea..Thanks for proving the point again!! You are an idiot!! You know nothing about me, what my skills are, etc..but we do know that you are childish...hey you have even said this yourself! OH YEA..I have seen where Guess has already got on your a$$ and asked that you cool it and just walk away..but still you are too childish to do so!!! You think that you are helping people here??? If you really want to help people donate some time and go help the Hurricane victims....oh yea you are probably to childish, you will probably just tell them how they are a bunch of dumba$$'$.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #33
shadowlesss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Looks like you take soo much time bashing people that you don't even read the Threads that you start...here is the link where Guess asked you to just walk away http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15214

I come to this forum daily for information only, not to help anyone. I will make comments such as those about Gmail and how it has worked for me. This is not a technology that I wish to learn and develop in but only to use the technology and what is becoming available in this technology. I have far greater and more profitable projects to work on. If you are here to help people then do so, don't bash them for something stupid they may say or do. They too are here to learn, so be a teacher and teach what you know. Yes, I will agree that you have helped many people here but others like myself don't want to see this hatefulness you express and we see the hatefulness outweighing the help you provide. The forum that I posted above expresses this and Guess expressed this in his comments!

I hope that you are a Christian man and ask for forgiveness for the way that you treat people. I pray that one day you see change! I hope that you can forgive me for the name calling that I have done so far and I will be the big one here and do the Christian thing and stop all the name calling and hatefulness towards you.

Shad

Quote:
Un huh... once again, you are calling me an idiot... but you still have never helped anyone here, never provided an answer to any type of technical question. You are a troll! plain and simple. You get on me about whatever, why don't you beg to be a mod, and then you can do whatever you wish to me... fat chance eh. Show me where Guess has told me to cool it?

Don't bring hurricane victims into this... I feel for them, but I don't think I will take time off work to actually go there and I would much rather spend my money on improving my own life. It's bad enough that I am being gouged for fuel and lumber because of the hurricanes.

I know I know... now you are going to call me selfish right... well I choose to live in an area that is far above sea level, far from the shores of any major body of water, out of tornado danger and not on a fault line. What do you expect to happen when your entire city is below sea level in an area know for tropical storms and such. What do you expect when your president is more concerned about increasing his own personal wealth then he is concerned with the people who voted him into office.

You keep calling me names, but you know you can't argue with the fact that I have helped out countless people here, you have helped out nobody, I bring things into perspective and you just fantasize and think everything is easy to accomplish. You call yourself a corporate programmer but I think you are a janitor, because you really are to stupid to do anything intellectual.

shadowgoof.... really, do yourself a favour and f*ck off... you don't contribute anything whatsoever. Even with the little tiffs I get into on here, my contributions far outweigh the not-so-nice things I say and/or do... That is why I am still around. Plus, it's brings excitement. I may be rude and crude, but most people get a chuckle out of it. It really is time for you to go sit in a corner.

I'll make you a deal... you go through the forums and find 2 people having a problem, technical in nature and solve it for them. Not just regurge an answer from somewhere else, but actually help them solve it and I will never start an argument here again...

For the meanwhile, I will hold off arguing with anyone until after my birthday, unless the person starts with me that is...

cd.

Kindness Is The Ability To Love
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #34
corey@12mile

Oh boy... I don't even know how to respond to something like that... First of all, I am in no way religious. I am athiest, as athiest as one can be. Second, the problems between you and I started when you asked about voice activated dial, and I offered an outlook on where the difficulties would lie for people outside of RIM to develop something like that. You said that you were a corporate programmer and that it should be easy to do. You started attacking me for providing insight into the whole situation.

For all intents and purposes, you had no business posting in this thread. Your initial post in this thread was a direct attack on me. Do you really think, having read my posts in the past, that I would sit back and not defend myself to your babbling?

It's not like I want to argue, but some people just aren't realistic, or don't have the self fulfillment values that I have. I do things for myself whenever I want something done. I don't rely on other people to do things for me when I am quite capable of learning and doing things on my own. I have a never ending stream of email and phone calls asking me to help people out, but like I am here, if I think someone is being lazy, I tell them so... it's not just online, but a lot of my friends in real life hear it from me too... most of the time I give people guidance... they present me with a problem, and I tell them where to go to find the answer... I don't give them the answer, but I stear them in the direction. Why? because it makes people better. Without patting myself on the shoulder, I am pretty much at the top of my game when it comes to what I do, I am bored, so I have taken up something new... writing mobile apps. I don't know nearly as much as I want to at this time, but when I am stuck, I look through the JDE docs, I google and I check out the RIM Developer site...

Most people can't even comprehend the amount of knowledge that has been built up here, and until they start using the search button they never will. If people spent the extra 30 minutes trying to help themselves out, there would never be a reason for me to say anything bad about anyone.

In the end, whether people like me or not, forgive me or not, whatever... It doesn't really matter to me... I look out for #1 at the end of the day.

cd.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #35
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
You mean Savannah and why in the world would you ask for a beer in a cracker barrel? Its no where on the menu..

Not to mention I think you could look around and see that no one else is drinking anything harder than a glass of iced tea or a cola of some sort. Not every eating establishment serves adult beverages..
Jebus. It was a joke, lighten up.

Quote:
but as far as this thread is done use the phone book to do your work next time andmaybe it wont start an argument or move to the states where you seem to think we have all the accessories
Well, not to worry, I sure won't come here to ask again. I'm sure that's exactly what the site owner is hoping for.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:46 AM   #36
roofus

Model: PassP
Smile

Quote:

No beer! What do you wash down the hog jowls with . . . . mint julep?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:00 AM   #37
chad m
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
Carrier: Telus

Why don't a select few shut up and act like grown men instead of going back and fourth like a bunch of 7yr olds. With all the crap going on in this world you have nothing better to do then hide behind a username on the internet and degrade one another over a question someone asked. New forum members (not directed to pawn) are going to ask very similar questions over and over deal with it. If someone post's a question you think is stupid don't reply and if no one replys that person will be forced to do some searching.

Last edited by chad m; 09-29-2005 at 08:52 AM..
Old 09-29-2005, 08:22 AM   #38
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Thumbs down

When you have something real to contribute please come back and see us, until then you dont need to be telling anyone to shut up. You are just contributing to the problem and keeping the crap going. And no they wont be forced to search they will keep posting no ones answering my question and making multiple post on the same thing and so on and so forth so give me a break on forcing them to search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad m
Why don't a select few shut up and act like grown men instead of going back and fourth like a bounch of 7yr olds. With all the crap going on in this world you have nothing better to do then hide behind a username on the internet and degrade one another over a question someone asked. New forum members (not directed to pawn) are going to ask very similar questions over and over deal with it. If someone post's a question you think is stupid don't reply and if no one replys that person will be forced to do some searching.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #39
corey@12mile

I still think the first 10 posts from a user should be moderated...

cd.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #40
stonent

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

This thread needs to be closed.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Closed Thread