BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint
Default Awesome message alert software - check it out!

Please Login to Remove!

I did a search for "message alert" and got 1000's of hits in here, and the first several I found were in some not so public p;aces for most of us in here and in the 8700 thread, so I thought I would post in here to advise anyone who doesn't know yet, like me! Anyway, I have been using WebMessenger Mobile IM for BB lately since I like it better than IM+, Verichat and the others. So I go to the site today to snoop around and I see some products I missed before - Desktop Search for BB and Message Alert for BB. Desktop Search seems cool, but not something I think I would use right now. But Message Alert is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! And from readiong many of the threads in here there are many others in search of it as well.

I am one of those using the route all email through Gmail method to get filter abilities. But now I can use this program. It filters whatever you want it to! It has a similar criteria building method as Outlook does, and allows you to designate words in the From, Subject, Message, To, CC, Priority or even PIN to PIN fields, and then have it perform one or more actions for each one, like Sound/Vibrate, Pop Up Notification (with user defined messages in the pop-up!), LED, Delete, Forward, Forward as SMS, Mark Read, Reply With, etc. Then you choose to match all or any of the criteria, can select a snooze feature, name the rule, set it's time interval to be active, either 24 hrs a day or a specific time period.

I have only tested it a couple times, but it worked flawlessly for me so far. I first had it give a pop-up message with the word "jacka$$" when it received an email from one of my specific addresses - perfect! I got my standard alert sound on the BB and a pop-up, with the subject line and my special word on it! Cool... Then I tried the delete feature. When I sent the email from my desktop I got an email message sound from my normal BB settings, and the envelope icon appeared for about 1/2 a second, then disappeared. I opened my message list, and the message was NOT there. Very cool.

You can also set up SMS rules and phone rules. The phone rules contain additional ringtones you can use. Plus, you can import ringtones from an email, but I have not tried that yet.

Anyway, here is the link for those interested. Please check it out and report your findings back in here so I can learn some more about it. Most of you guys are smarter than I about this stuff, so I am anxious to hear about your tests.

http://www.webmessenger.com/products/mablackberry.htm
Old 01-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
Seattle18

Umm, no one has any input? It's been a few hours, hasn't anyone installed this and given it a try? Just curious...
Old 01-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
markhutchison

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wirelessly posted (7250/4.0.0.204: BlackBerry7250/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Multiple posts with the same infomercial-sounding monologue won't get you much of a response here. If the software is worthwhile it can stand on its own and you'll inevitably seem some interest.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #4
Seattle18

By the way, you can also creat spam rules and/or email message rules directly from the received message in the inbox by using the trackwheel - it adds new menu items in the list for these purposes.

I apologize in advance if this info is offensive...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:14 AM   #5
markhutchison

Over the course of the day I've randomly come across 3 separate posts of yours pushing webmessenger; perhaps I've misinterpreted the nature of you excitement with the product.

Your response was, however, out of line. If you don't appreciate something that is said with regard to one of your posts then say so. If you feel that you're posts have been misinterpreted or unfairly judged then, again, say so. But, to respond with anger and abusive language is entirely inappropriate. If you would like to continue this discussion I suggest that you message me privately.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:24 AM   #6
snackberry

Model: 7290

I'm new around here, and I have no intention of allowing Seattle18 to call me an asswipe, but I think it's pretty easy to get double the postings of another member by posting over and over again: two-thirds of the posts in this thread alone are from Seattle18. Post, answer yourself, answer a message from another member, answer yourself again... It adds up.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Private Messages or email are a great way to bicker. I for one have no interest in listening to it.

It works best if everyone just let's message threads rise or fall on their own. The truly great products generate a lot of feedback. I have no idea if this product is going to be one of them or not (seems somewhat interesting).
Old 01-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

The issue to the problem, is someone assumed something. Very bad to assume, it puts you behind the eight ball. I beleive to take info or leave it.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
tatasaidso
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520

lol.....
Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
markhutchison

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary19067
The issue to the problem, is someone assumed something. Very bad to assume, it puts you behind the eight ball. I beleive to take info or leave it.
Well said. Something to take home from this fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle18
... I have yet to shut someone down for simply stating the enthusiasm for a new product ...
Fair enough. My bad on that one.

Quote:
... for my earlier response to you, I do apologize. ...
Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatasaidso
lol.....
Agreed. I think that is a pretty concise summation of this thread ...

Quote:
I'm already sorry I started this thread - some moderator please close it ...
I'll second that ... definitly sorry I sent the ball offside.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

seattle18--

sorry to revive this post (and some of the bs in it), but i wanted to know if you are still using the app and how it has been treating you?

Given that it runs some pretty heavy duty filtering, what dort of performance effects does it have?

Thanks.

Shane
Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
jax
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

Doesn't MetaMessage have similar functionality? How does this compare?
Closed Thread