Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2157A6BC
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Crap......

Please Login to Remove!

Just went to the T-mobile store and tested out the Curve and the wing. I'm STUCK. I'd have to say the t-mobile wing was a lot better than i expected from what i read and saw videos on from the internet. I didn't spend enough time to really test out both phones because I was lost on both of em because There is so much stuff on em(I have a razr v3 lol). The curve, feels nice in the hand and is super responsive compared to the wing but the wing's screen is a little bit bigger and the keyboard feels way better on it than the curve's. I tried my best on trying to figure out how to browse the net on the phones but i don't think you can there. I tested out the video on the curve and it was nice just like the one i watched on youtube but the wing didn't have any videos on it so i couldn't test that out.

PLEASE, i need help. If someone who has or has owned a wing in the past could possibly help me. I am at a standstill, i have no idea what to get. As of what i tested I'm leaning towards the Wing, I am using for entertainment so thats what i'll leave you with. Help!!!!

Last edited by visi0nX; 11-24-2007 at 06:20 PM..
Old 11-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

BB is an email machine with other features added on. Never used a Wing but if email, messaging is important then the BB wins every time.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Nah i wouldn't be using email at all on the BB. I'm more of messaging/music/video/web user. Basically the essential entertainment stuff. I know BB has great all that as well but man the wing was really nice.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
pyrosee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

Are you stuck with t-mo? Sounds like you need a phone like the i-phone. The I-phone is the best entertainment phone on the market IMO.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrosee View Post
Are you stuck with t-mo? Sounds like you need a phone like the i-phone. The I-phone is the best entertainment phone on the market IMO.
Yeah I'm stuck with t-mobile :(
Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

unlocked iPhone
Old 11-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
unlocked iPhone
To expensive :o
Old 11-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
suebee

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

I had tested the wing out also, didn't really care for it. I heard that the slide key board slides out while talking on the phone, it doesn't stay in place.
I really love the 8320, everything about it, fits nice in hand and is a nice looking phone. Good luck in your decision.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi0nX View Post
Just went to the T-mobile store and tested out the Curve and the wing. I'm STUCK. PLEASE, i need help. If someone who has or has owned a wing in the past could possibly help me. I am at a standstill, i have no idea what to get. As of what i tested I'm leaning towards the Wing, I am using for entertainment so thats what i'll leave you with. Help!!!!
I owned a Wing but it only captured my attention for a few hours. From my experience it's the worst smart phone out there. The UI is very slow, even more so than WM5 for that matter, it's also one of the bulkiest and heaviest of all the smart phones for sale.

There is simply no comparison between this and a BlackBerry and I'm not trying to convince any one of The BB's superior performance as it speaks for itself in a direct comparison against most all other devices, thus the Wing is simply outdated and slow. A device that requires a lot of improvement before its up to the task of challenging the other brands of smart phones on the market today.

There's nothing like a direct comparison, where one has the benefit of using the devices being compared and I'm here to say that the BB has been the most reliable, fully functional, and speedy device's I have used, and expect that it will remain on top for quite some time.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
I owned a Wing but it only captured my attention for a few hours. From my experience it's the worst smart phone out there. The UI is very slow, even more so than WM5 for that matter, it's also one of the bulkiest and heaviest of all the smart phones for sale.

There is simply no comparison between this and a BlackBerry and I'm not trying to convince any one of The BB's superior performance as it speaks for itself in a direct comparison against most all other devices, thus the Wing is simply outdated and slow. A device that requires a lot of improvement before its up to the task of challenging the other brands of smart phones on the market today.

There's nothing like a direct comparison, where one has the benefit of using the devices being compared and I'm here to say that the BB has been the most reliable, fully functional, and speedy device's I have used, and expect that it will remain on top for quite some time.
Yea i hear ya. I guess i can see that phone being annoyingly slow after a while. It was pretty damn slow compared to the BB. The BB seemed like it would take more getting used to than the wing. I had a harder time getting my way around the BB than i did with the wing. TBH the blackberry was much smaller IRL than it seemed online.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I've personally never used the Wing. However, I've seen many people here say they dumped the Wing for the BB and couldn't be happier. My guess is you would likely end up doing the same.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I've personally never used the Wing. However, I've seen many people here say they dumped the Wing for the BB and couldn't be happier. My guess is you would likely end up doing the same.
Haha, yeah probably in the long run. But coming from a razr v3(slowest POS i want to break so bad) Anything is an upgrade. I'm guessing i didn't spend enough time with the BB. I did spend the majority of it on the wing while i was there because it was so much easier to get around and i didn't have much time. I heard the wing had really terrible speakers on the phone but there was nothing on it i could test it. Looking at it for the long run i definitely could see myself loving the BB more than the wing though. With time i know i could tell the wing would start to piss me off with how slow it is. The BB was flawless in it's speed when i used it.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #13
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Sounds like you're talking YOURSELF into a Blackberry.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Blah, wth am i saying. The wing just has a candy coating that seems like it would hook people like me in. The BB is going to be much better for the long run and at least that phone i can use with one hand instead of two that you NEED for the wing. I don't know what I'm thinking. BB Here i come.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Congrats and welcome to Blackberry!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #16
visi0nX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Actually i forgot about T-mobiles buyers remorse thing(I'm sure other phone companies have it)

Buy the phone and if i don't like it within 14 days, take it back and get a full refund or exchange it for a different phone. I'm definitely doing that JUST to make sure.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

AT&T allows one to try any phone for 30 days, and if it's returned before that time elapses, then it's free. You only pay for the airtime and data you have used. The one exception is the arrangement with Apple where Apple will only allow AT&T to give you 14 days. In my opinion it takes more than 14 days in most cases. That is unless you have nothing else to do........