Old 01-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #21
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl
People like owning an iPod, mainly due to the status symbol of it, and the term "iPod" being thrown around as the definitive term for an MP3 player (like Kleenex for tissue, and Band-Aid for bandages).

Obviously my comments will not influence many, faced with the multi-million dollar campaign Apple has thrown at you to convince you of their superiority.
If you actually want to think for yourself, and do some legitimate research in to the MP3 market, you'll see for yourself.
But hey, if you rely purely on commercials & print ads to dictate what you know & what you buy, then you're worse off than what I can help you with.
I actually owned two different MP3 players before and it was junk. One of them was actually was recommended by several people.

That's why I am staying with iPods now.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Oh - you don't like capitalism. Now I understand.

I presume you don't use Windows, or a PC at all, since that lines the pockets of those horrible people

I happen to love my iPod. If you choose otherwise, that's fine. Just don't bash those of us who like what we have.

Hmmm... odd that you would arrive at that conclusion when I never mentioned capitalism or any disdain for enterprise in general. I simply stated my opinion that slick marketing and mass media should not be our only source of knowledge for our decisions on what we purchase. Yes I do use a PC, and Windows, as well as owning other large manufacturer items. I am all for business development, but I'm also a supporter of corporate responsibility and independent thinking by consumers.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #23
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Sounds like as long as people make choices you endorse, then it is fine. Otherwise it is herd mentality.

Windows/Microsoft is ALL marketing. Virtually no innovation. But that's OK?

Contradictions abound. Sorry... We simply disagree on this one.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 AM   #24
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

I have an iPod Nano and I barely use it. I actually use the Pearl as an mp3 player cause it also functions ... well...as a phone. Granted quality isn't as great as the iPod, I don't really care.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #25
JimPearl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular
Default Good input on Nano

I was thinking about carrying a Nano with the Pearl; before doing this I'm gonna get 1Gig memory installed on the Pearl and load it w/some music. It might be 'good enuf' for me

If I were going with a standalone music player I would lean toward an iPod. Reason: iTunes is a nicely designed application. Good interface, stable, frequently updated, easy to use and easily manages a music library over 100 Gigs. Figure if they write & maintain a good software application I can contribute by purchasing their hardware.

Kinda the same reason I stay with Thinkpads; there are nicer & faster & cheaper units available, but when it comes to support & reliability the Thinkpad works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
I have an iPod Nano and I barely use it. I actually use the Pearl as an mp3 player cause it also functions ... well...as a phone. Granted quality isn't as great as the iPod, I don't really care.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #26
aaronkt
Thumbs Must Hurt

I listen to my mp3 player on the pearl about 12 hours a day. I'm not looking for any amazing sound, just something can hear. If i want quality i will listen to it in my car. However if people are going to continue to create software to update the mp3 player on the phone i will use it, buy it, whatever.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #27
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

this thread should be closed....

what has apple or microsoft ever done for you that you should fully endorse them? you bought the hype....

I have an ipod it is a 3rd generation.. at the time nothing compared to what i needed for on the go music.

But when i bought it i knew it was a pos. Even the latest ones are pos.

I will say it time and time again... i am sick of these companies like rim, apple, microsoft, sony that push out crappy products to make a buck instead of coming out with what is relevant at the time.....

best example is the pos of 7100.... the 8100 should have been the 7100. There is nothign spectacular about the 8100 that it couldn't have come out last year or the year before.

bluetooth was there....
gps was there...
there were camera phones...

same thing with ipods.... bluetooth has been around for YEARS!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #28
untjoker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl
iPods are horrible devices. Please don't give in to the slick marketing hype.
Amen brotha. I loathe the ipod and it's a horrible product any way you slice it. People think Ipods started the mp3 revolution, oh how wrong they are......
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #29
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

I am an electronics junkie.. i have windows Mac and sony products... everyone has there own beef about this company and that company... Ipod is the leader point blank... i have 3 of them.. and they work for what i need.. if you dont like something dont buy it.. dont make it your job to go and bash a product just because you feel like they are getting rich... Its the way things work in the US. The best marketing and design of a product and happens to have some functionality will win..we are all guilty

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 01-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #30
krad
No longer Registered.

consumers shouldn't put up with it.... you shouldn't own 3 ipods that probably have all the same features.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #31
v12spd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

I added a 1GB Micro SD, and this (http://www.meritline.com/combo-mp3-a...3-5-black.html) and my pearl definitley suffices in place of the nano I got rid of to buy it. Not that its as user friendly, or a full ipod replacement, but for a 1gb mp3 player for when I work out it's fine. When I want a full featured player I whip out my 100GB Archos AV500.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
consumers shouldn't put up with it.... you shouldn't own 3 ipods that probably have all the same features.

Nope one is a nano.. the other two are ipod videos.. they all work.. so are we never suppose to buy new TVs? its the way the world works.. i have a 42 inch plazma in my living room. the technology is old.. things happen new technology happens every year. i understand your gripe but its the way the world is.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 01-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #33
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
Nope one is a nano.. the other two are ipod videos.. they all work.. so are we never suppose to buy new TVs? its the way the world works.. i have a 42 inch plazma in my living room. the technology is old.. things happen new technology happens every year. i understand your gripe but its the way the world is.
not even close to the same thing...

we are talking about a portable device that has had few innovations....

- color screen
- play video - which btw pocketpc's and palms have been playing for years.
- smaller

big woop.... one person only needs one ipod.

a correct comparison with the plasma tv's is....

Having a small radio in the garage and an awesome stereo in your living room.

also, there are actual differences with tv's.

i am not a fan of microsoft or the zune... but kudos to them for putting in a 3+ years old technology called wifi.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #34
krad
No longer Registered.

why the hell would you need two IPOD videos?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #35
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

because there are more then one person in my house..when i go to the gym my girl uses one and i use the other... i have 3 computers in my house 2 macs and a sony vaio.. its just what i like electronics.. and expensive clothes...lol my parents ask me why my jeans cost 180 bucks its just what i like i guess. back on topic.. i just think some people like to bash a product becuase its popular to do so. the zune is not even close to a ipod in functionality. the wifi is stupid because it only works with zune.. and not hot spots etc.. and is it me or does in look to big? it looks like a bar of soap...lol

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #36
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn
because there are more then one person in my house..when i go to the gym my girl uses one and i use the other... i have 3 computers in my house 2 macs and a sony vaio.. its just what i like electronics.. and expensive clothes...lol my parents ask me why my jeans cost 180 bucks its just what i like i guess. back on topic.. i just think some people like to bash a product becuase its popular to do so. the zune is not even close to a ipod in functionality. the wifi is stupid because it only works with zune.. and not hot spots etc.. and is it me or does in look to big? it looks like a bar of soap...lol
listen...

i am not personally dogging the ipod or telling you to buy a zune. What i was saying is that a person like yourslef who loves innovation in electronic products and is willing to pay large amounts of money for it, aren't you disapointed?

personally, i don't look at products at their face or sell value... it is only a matter of time before the zune is completely hacked and you can load linux on it. The wifi is a piece of technology that could accomplish alot more on a dap then what apple has out now.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #37
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Well im not really disapponted i have the pearl and have yet to buy a SD card because music is not that important for me on a pearl thats what an ipod is for.. i do not need a whole operating system on my ipod thats wha my Mac is for. i guess what im trying to say is. some people want a swiss army knife for a device that does a little of everything. i on the other hand recognize the faults and use them for what there good for..Ipod= gym use music and funny dave chapelle clips, Blackberry=email, maybe piks once in awhile, my tv= HD sports.. funny thing is i hate microsoft but i have an Xbox #^) because the PS3 took so long to come out. certain things serve diffrent task.. im ok with that.. guess thats just my outlook on things

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 01-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

personally... I'm happy with my current portable music system and won't give it up until newer technology can outlast the craftsmanship that our forefathers slaved over.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #39
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Now thats a classic.... i dont even have a stereo in my house... just use my mac.. i have the harmon kardon sound sticks...

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Closed Thread