BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #41
rkkeller
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

I am a just fertilized zygote so I have you all beat as the youngest.

Last edited by rkkeller; 12-26-2006 at 08:59 AM..
Old 12-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #42
denied3smplwds
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T Mobile

Wow, it must be hard as a fertilized egg bouncing along the keys of the pearl.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #43
ifightants

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by denied3smplwds
Sorry my friend, but i'm a sophomore. I think I might take the youngest 1800 user title, as of now.
i am as well. And i also know the proper order of the pearl's number. 8100 not 1800.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #44
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile
Unhappy Dissed Again

UPDATE:

I attended a meeting at a tech company, where everyone had their BlackBerries on the conference room table. Present was the CEO, the Human Resources Director, In-House Counsel and some other management types of a nationally traded company.

I was the "guest speaker" of sorts and was at the head of the table. In other words it was my meeting.

Just before the meeting started we were all chatting. I whipped out my Pearl, bragged about all its features, etc. Had the attention of everyone there. Not a friggin soul was impressed or interested. Got more of a "that's nice" response.

This is the second time a group of professional/CEO types have "ho-hummed" me when talking about my Pearl.

Guess RIM is right, the Pearl is not for the professional crowd.

Side Note: I did show it to my doctor and he sheetcanned his 7100t and bought the Pearl. So at least someone was impressed.

Side Note: Guess I'll just keep my comments on the Pearl to myself. To hell with these people.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #45
igloo

Carrier: Tmobile

junior in high school lol. i just use it cuz, well, it's an awesome device. it's very helpful during english when i need sparknotes haha. and brickbreaker is awesome during the boring classes.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:37 PM   #46
M0B

Carrier: Rogers

OMG, you got an armband to fit a 60gb ipod.. I got the same one as you but can't seem to find an armband. I usally tuck it, in my undies and belly (When I have no pockets). Gets kind of wet. But does the job.

Invest in a nano if you want to jog....
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfilora
Senior Undergrad finance student here.

Can't say much for what I use the blackberry for yet, just got mine yesterday!

I love this little thing so far though, can't wait to get acquainted.

I can't comment so much on using the thing for working out, another thing to consider is how much you sweat.

I use a 60gb ipod video when I work out (in an armband).
If it's kept real close to your skin it MIGHT get wet?

The dimensions are different yes, but you might toy around with some old Ipod mini armbands or maybe new Ipod video (30gb) armbands.

Definately go somewhere you can test it out beforehand because it definately wont be an exact fit.

Last edited by M0B; 12-26-2006 at 11:52 PM..
Old 12-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #47
M0B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
For the most part the Pearl was aimed towards the general consumer. The student, soccer mom, etc. I don't believe you'll find many CEO's or any form of executive for that matter using a Pearl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc
I'm a CEO, but I like to have whatever is the newest.
My friend works for RIM and he informed me about the product before it was coming out. Yes, the Pearl is aim to the general consumer because of its sleek & stylish looks. CEO's & anyone who is doing business on their BB is most likely to get the 8700 series or lower.

I like to get what ever is the newest too.. =P
Old 12-27-2006, 03:17 AM   #48
bevy

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

i'm a junior in college, and just got the pearl (my first blackberry) as of about a week ago. i imagine that it will provide a tremendous productivity boost for me on and around campus -- i'm very much looking forward to the new quarter starting a week from monday.

that said, for all the people who have talked about how the pearl is targeted towards the more 'mainstream' audience, i would have to disagree (at least somewhat). perhaps the pearl is not intended for the true CEO types, but it DEFINITELY isn't intended for the soccer mom types either! it takes someone of at least slightly above average technical competence to really figure out how to use one of these things, and the seemingly endless menus would overwhelm most 'normal' users. the pearl is definitely more of an 'entry level' blackberry, but it is nonetheless an incredibly powerful one too.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 AM   #49
denied3smplwds

Carrier: T Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifightants
i am as well. And i also know the proper order of the pearl's number. 8100 not 1800.
Highfive us. And oops, thats not a good mistake to make..
Old 12-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #50
binderbound

Model: 8120
Carrier: Tmo

I'm not a student or a business person or anything like that. I do custom 4x4 fabrication.

My old 7100 ate crap and when I went to the t-mobile store to replace it, it was love at first sight with the pearl. I use it more than my laptop now.

TracTracTor Offroad
Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #51
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
This is the second time a group of professional/CEO types have "ho-hummed" me when talking about my Pearl.

Guess RIM is right, the Pearl is not for the professional crowd.
I wouldn't be too sure. Most professional/CEO types I know feel a need to know about the latest and greatest things even if they don't buy them, but they are also not the types of people to make a fuss in public about a new gadget. It would make them look a little green if they said, in a meeting, "Your BlackBerry can do all that? Wow! Pass that down the table, will you?" They'd just take a discreet note on the item instead and do some research on their own time.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #52
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
I wouldn't be too sure. Most professional/CEO types I know feel a need to know about the latest and greatest things even if they don't buy them, but they are also not the types of people to make a fuss in public about a new gadget. It would make them look a little green if they said, in a meeting, "Your BlackBerry can do all that? Wow! Pass that down the table, will you?" They'd just take a discreet note on the item instead and do some research on their own time.
Guess you had to be there to understand that your scenario is not what happened.

I have known these people for 5 years and the Prez, even though it's a tech company, still uses a BB that has a green LCD screen. He is the type that uses a BB for e-mail and that's all. So that is why they did not take an interest in it. In fact, he was not all that jazzed up when I showed him my 7100t a few years ago.

I was showing them the Pearl to see if they might now be interested in upgrading. But guess they were not. But if the do get some, I'd be surprised. They will probably get the 8800 since it looks like the device they are familiar with.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #53
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c

I am a sophmore in college. I bought the Pearl because of its dashing good looks and note taking abilities. I thought i was the only non CEO, but i guess not. I bought a rubberized case from daydeals . com for 12.99 w/ free shipping. The case is exactly like the one seidio sells for 30 bucks or more w/ shipping. I also bought a 1 gb microSD card for 10 bucks (after $10 google checkout discount, and $10 mail in rebate) from buy .com. Idk if that deal is still going on but the regualr price is alot cheaper that the $65 Bestbuy charges for the same size.

8100c
Old 12-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #54
MattyL147

Model: 8300

Recent college grad...workin my way up the corporate ladder, and using a blackberry (even though my company doesn't pay for it and its for my personal email)
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 AM   #55
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonbomb1987
I bought a rubberized case from daydeals . com for 12.99 w/ free shipping. The case is exactly like the one seidio sells for 30 bucks or more w/ shipping. 8100c
That case is NOT like the Seidio case.

I have a friend who bought some of those in different colors. He had on the black rubberized case for about a week and the rubber coating is peeling off, like a cheap paint job. Maybe he got a bad case, but I don't think so.

In contrast, my Seidio case remains intact.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:39 AM   #56
GrayPenguin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 23EAF79C

Quote:
Originally Posted by denied3smplwds
Sorry my friend, but i'm a sophomore. I think I might take the youngest 1800 user title, as of now.
also a soph
i love my pearl.
in case ya'll haven't seen this, it's definitely the BEST feature for the Pearl. ive been calling my phone just to see it
i would post a link but it wont let me yet...
its the pearl color changing thing for phonecalls
if that doesnt make sense go to Phone, then hit menu and go to options. click on General Options, go down to Ringtone Lighting and select Trackball.

or just search for techno color pearl

Most useless but yet awesome feature for Pearl IMHO

Last edited by GrayPenguin; 12-31-2006 at 01:49 AM..
Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 AM   #57
edward.alberto

Manager at a Sports retail chain, and starting up a business on the side?
Old 01-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #58
supermanfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbblc
For the most part the Pearl was aimed towards the general consumer. The student, soccer mom, etc. I don't believe you'll find many CEO's or any form of executive for that matter using a Pearl.
I'm not sure I agree with this. From what I have seen, I see middle/upper management using the full-sized Blackberries because they send emails all day long.

The executives and CEOs are wanting to stay in touch, but are interested in this opportunity to reduce bulk.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #59
JimPearl

I'm a mechanic; great for sending photos to clients. Used a Palm Zire in college with the wireless keyboard. I'm kinda surprised how well SureType works.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 AM   #60
JimPearl

The Governor of Florida had his recent portrait showing his Blackberry in the background...!
Closed Thread