Old 08-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
commradepolski

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Bold 9000 - Will not turn on...

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

So Ive been to this forum before and finally decided to sign up since I am having an issue with my Bold.

I saw that there was another thread about a Bold not turning on but my circumstances are a bit different so I didnt want to populate that one with my problem as well it is a bit different.

I had forgotten to charge my bold over the weekend and by noon on sunday the battery was low to the point the radio was off. I was headed out so I couldnt leave the unit charging at home, luckily I have a car charger. So I plugged the unit in the car charger and left it as I went out and did my thing. 5 hours later when I return to my car, the unit has not charged, even a bar, but the radio is at least on now. So I figure, alright, the battery has some juice so I will just do the good old battery pull. Once I do that the unit obviously turns off. Then when I put the battery back in, nothing. Not even the red LED absolutely no activity from the unit.

I have 2 bolds, 1 from work and one personal. I use my personal unit with the work sim and my personal sim with the work unit. I also have 2 different OSs running on the units. One is running Rogers standard 4.6 and my personal unit is running 5.0.681. The unit that is running 5.0.681 is the unit that doesnt turn on. So I charged the battery fully in the 4.6 unit and tried to put it into my 5.0 unit and nothing. Still no red LED no activity at all. I took the unit apart, checked to see if I can see anything noticeably wrong and nothing.

So the short is Im at a loss and really dont want to spend money on replacing my unit since it is out of warranty and then Id have to go through the trouble of getting my contacts back and such.

Any help or ideas is appreciated.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

The cars I have now do not have power to the "cigarette lighter" aux power outlet when the ignition is off. What I suspect is the blackberry battery was not charging when you left the car, but instead may have been draining even more while you were gone. But at the very least I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been charging, unless you know for sure that the auxillary power outlet had power while you were gone. . . . .

But you say you charged the battery latter and still the blackberry wouldn't power on.

Did you try the other battery in the unit you left in the car that won't power on?

Does the battery fit tight in the blackberry that won't power on? Are the contacts on both device and battery clean?

How hot did it get in the car while you were gone? How long was the device left in the car?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
commradepolski

Carrier: Rogers

Yes I did swap batteries in between both units.

I made sure the battery was charging after the car was off and it was.

The contacts were all clean and the battery fit just like it would normally.

It got noticeably hotter than it normally would be.

- SOLVED -

I took the battery out of the unit and left it out from about noon today, til well 5min ago.....

And it works again. Guess I just had to wait. Really weird but I shit you guys not. This is exactly what happened.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
vietnamurl1
No longer Registered.

Carrier: vinaphone

Yes,I agree with you. I also like your case.I urge you to help. thanks
Closed Thread