BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Is anyone getting both the new Bold and Torch (not the keyboard one)?

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone getting both new Blackberries? Just curious.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Default Re: Is anyone getting both the new Bold and Torch (not the keyboard one)?

I am! I'm getting the Bold 9930 on Sunday and plan to wait a week or two to grab the 9850. Before I jump in with both feet, however, I want to read a few user reviews of the 9850.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
atuarre

Default Re: Is anyone getting both the new Bold and Torch (not the keyboard one)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I am! I'm getting the Bold 9930 on Sunday and plan to wait a week or two to grab the 9850. Before I jump in with both feet, however, I want to read a few user reviews of the 9850.
You could always take it back! I am kind of glad they aren't selling phones early because I would be pissed if I drove into the city to get them, and they did not have any in stock because they sold them early.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

I'm really hoping they'll get a version of the 9810 Torch. My first choice is the Bold Touch 9930, then the 9810, and finally the 9850. I'll take what I can get, but if drag my feet on the 9850 perhaps the 9810 will come to Sprint in the mean time.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
atuarre

Quote:
I'm really hoping they'll get a version of the 9810 Torch. My first choice is the Bold Touch 9930, then the 9810, and finally the 9850. I'll take what I can get, but if drag my feet on the 9850 perhaps the 9810 will come to Sprint in the mean time.
I don't think Sprint is getting the torch with the keyboard, and neither is Verizon, I think it is GSM only.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I recall hearing a while back that it was coming, but all these devices were still in the rumor stage and nobody had any official information. Now it does indeed appear the 9810 is a GSM-only device. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to make due with the other two.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
atuarre

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I recall hearing a while back that it was coming, but all these devices were still in the rumor stage and nobody had any official information. Now it does indeed appear the 9810 is a GSM-only device. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to make due with the other two.
I will definitely be getting both tomorrow. The city (which is surrounded by two other cities right across the river to the west) and one place that should be a city but is too cheap to pay taxes to incorporate right across the bridge to the north, are small, so I am not expecting a supply issue, BUT, I will be the first one there, like I always am out of fear that some Sprint stores got shorted devices for larger areas and I don't want to have to wait and wait for one to come in. I'm waiting for an airave which is apparently on backorder till September. T-mobile doesn't have 3G out here, but they say they do on their coverage maps. AT&T and Verizon can't keep a 3G signal, devices always bounce between 2G/3G killing the battery. Sprint is the only one out here that delivers consistent 3G.

Anyway, I will post as soon as I have devices in hand. I just wish the stores would be opening at 9AM so I don't have to wait till I think it is noon, which is when stores will open on Sunday (except malls etc, which set their own hours).
Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

My local Sprint store was showing the 9850 as "backordered". Even before the launch! I'm thinking it's just that they haven't shipped them yet and the computer codes for the status of the device are just too limited so they simply call it "backordered". My Bold was physically in the store (in my hands!) while the 9850's were nowhere to be found. They may have arrived already for all I know, but I find it odd that they didn't show up with the 9930 delivery.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
atuarre

Quote:
My local Sprint store was showing the 9850 as "backordered". Even before the launch! I'm thinking it's just that they haven't shipped them yet and the computer codes for the status of the device are just too limited so they simply call it "backordered". My Bold was physically in the store (in my hands!) while the 9850's were nowhere to be found. They may have arrived already for all I know, but I find it odd that they didn't show up with the 9930 delivery.
You already have the 9900? I tried to see if they would sell early but they won't. And if this store won't, the other store won't because they both used to be Sprint PCS stores owned by affiliate US Unwired.

Back on track though, I can wait. Like I said, I will be there as their unlocking the door.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
atuarre

Yes, some Sprint stores are selling them (I guess at the managers discretion) but the ones here are not selling them till the 21st.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #11
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuarre View Post
You already have the 9900? I tried to see if they would sell early but they won't. And if this store won't, the other store won't because they both used to be Sprint PCS stores owned by affiliate US Unwired.

Back on track though, I can wait. Like I said, I will be there as their unlocking the door.
I don't "have" it, as "in my hot little hands", but I got to play with the one that will be mine. Now it's sitting there, locked in the store owner's filing cabinet awaiting my return at 11 AM Sunday morning.

He said he couldn't sell it to me and activate it early or he'd be in deep siht.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
atuarre

Quote:
I don't "have" it, as "in my hot little hands", but I got to play with the one that will be mine. Now it's sitting there, locked in the store owner's filing cabinet awaiting my return at 11 AM Sunday morning.

He said he couldn't sell it to me and activate it early or he'd be in deep siht.
Well you are doing better than me? Are you still getting both or not?

I'm going to try to get both, but I called stores (we have 3 here). Most of the reps were clueless...

I don't feel like driving 2 hours to HOuston or 2 hours to Baton Rouge, and hope i dont have to. I hope sprint is sending inventory to every corporate store.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Right now my plan is still to get both, but I'm pausing in-between buying the 9930 (1st) and the 9850 (2nd). If the 9810 ever makes it to CDMA and Sprint I will buy that ine as well.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 AM   #14
atuarre

Quote:
Right now my plan is still to get both, but I'm pausing in-between buying the 9930 (1st) and the 9850 (2nd). If the 9810 ever makes it to CDMA and Sprint I will buy that ine as well.
I hope to pick up both Sunday. Hope if the stores here have not got their shipments yet that they get them tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
Foxglove
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

I simply refer to the Torch with no keyboard as the Touch Torch or Torch Touch.

Really they should have renamed it something else . Before when someone said they had a torch you knew exactly what they had henceforth it will be 'which one'?

I didn't like it either when the 9700 and 9780 came under the Bold name. they do however share the same keyboard in different sizes.

The torch and touch torch both have a big touch screen yet they are vastly different in design which I feel warranted a new name for the touch one.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

I picked up my 9930 today, but the 9850 is still not in stock. Folks are ordering them online and getting promised mid-week delivery dates, but the stores don't know when they're getting 9850s in stock. It's on an "any day now" basis.
Closed Thread