Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
atuarre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default RE- Storm display issue.

Please Login to Remove!

I have been having display issues with my Storm 2. It's doing some weird static thing every now and then. I went to the VZW store. The person I dealt with talked to me as if I was a child. He told me that there was nothing he could do for me unless he physically saw this happen himself. He went to the back for about a minute and claimed he hooked the phone up to some machine they had and it told him the display was fine.

I walked out. On the phone with national customer support right now. I just got this phone and service with them, but hell, if this is how they treat their customers, I would rather get back in bed with AT&T.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
mrsminkie

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Not sure if I can be much help here, but my phone does the same thing. Every now and again it is a multi-coloured page of just static. I have a Storm (1), am with vodafone and in the UK. They're just as useless at helping me with any problems. I had an issue with the phone doing strange things and I was told to just take the battery out every 2 weeks. Complete rubbish. I posted on here and within hours I had a solution which has worked. I guess it's just a characteristic of the Storm. I hope that the Storm 2 is better! Good luck.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask

atuarre,

that you would consider leaving Verizon and returning to AT&T baffles me. The coverage alone a reason enough to get a different phone rather than returning to AT&T. Everyone in my office with AT&T can't get a signal unless they stand near a window or leave the building. That AT&T claims their 3G network is the fasts is laughable and borders on false advertisement. Even owners of the beloved iPhone will tell you in a second the only shortcoming of the phone is its AT&T service.

With that said I can offer you a possible solution with with your Storm 2. Purchase the insurance offered for the phone. If your phone is "stolen" or accidentally is damaged it will be replaced for a $50 deductible. The Storm is a great phone but I am on my 6th unit (Storm 1). Some are simply faulty. But once you get a good unit, the love affair will begin.

Verizon 9530
Old 11-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
atuarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
atuarre,

that you would consider leaving Verizon and returning to AT&T baffles me. The coverage alone a reason enough to get a different phone rather than returning to AT&T. Everyone in my office with AT&T can't get a signal unless they stand near a window or leave the building. That AT&T claims their 3G network is the fasts is laughable and borders on false advertisement. Even owners of the beloved iPhone will tell you in a second the only shortcoming of the phone is its AT&T service.

With that said I can offer you a possible solution with with your Storm 2. Purchase the insurance offered for the phone. If your phone is "stolen" or accidentally is damaged it will be replaced for a $50 deductible. The Storm is a great phone but I am on my 6th unit (Storm 1). Some are simply faulty. But once you get a good unit, the love affair will begin.
I just got this phone. I'm still in my 30 days to return it and cancel service. They sold me a defective unit. They are refusing to replace it at the store. They say if they cannot see the issue, they cannot do an exchange. National customer service claims that a replacement has to be approved by a supervisor. Their probably gonna wait till my 30 days has passed and then say I am shit out of luck. At least with AT&T if you had a bad phone, you could bring it back to the store and swap it out. I went through three Bold 9000's. No problem with AT&T. Verizon is refusing to help me. Why should I pay a $50 deductible? I don't think so.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask

Glenn,

sorry to hear you are having an issue. I have always had a good experience with Verizon with defective units. I got 5 warranty replacements before making an insurance claim for a stolen Storm unit.

Are you going to a Mall retail store or kiosk? I never had a good experience with them because they are all about profit. I suggest you find a Verizon Store if that is the case. I actually have gotten to know one of the techs and the repair associate in my Verizon Store. They bend over backwards to make me happy. I have never left the store without being 100% satisfied.

Give it a shot.

Verizon 9530
Old 11-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
atuarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
Glenn,

sorry to hear you are having an issue. I have always had a good experience with Verizon with defective units. I got 5 warranty replacements before making an insurance claim for a stolen Storm unit.

Are you going to a Mall retail store or kiosk? I never had a good experience with them because they are all about profit. I suggest you find a Verizon Store if that is the case. I actually have gotten to know one of the techs and the repair associate in my Verizon Store. They bend over backwards to make me happy. I have never left the store without being 100% satisfied.

Give it a shot.
I went to an actual Verizon retail location. Now I'm on the phone again with customer support and they are telling me the system will make them charge me for a new phone. I told him about the guy at the store.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Ragrots
Thumbs Must Hurt

Try going to a different Verizon store. I have found that it's usually the person you're dealing with that's the problem, not Verizon policy. If you end up talking to a rep on a power trip you won't get anywhere...
Old 11-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
atuarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragrots View Post
Try going to a different Verizon store. I have found that it's usually the person you're dealing with that's the problem, not Verizon policy. If you end up talking to a rep on a power trip you won't get anywhere...
After raising all the levels of hell on the phone with national Verizon customer service, and arguing about how ridiculous it is that they will not replace a phone, one guy in technical support called the local store here, and the assistant manager told him to have me come in and they would swap out the phone. While I was in the store, I got a very lengthy discussion about how I'm the first person to have this problem, and if other people aren't reporting it, and they cannot see it, that its the reason why they did not want to replace it. Come to find out, the guy I dealt with yesterday was the store manager.

I live in Lake Charles, which is a small city compared to others. There is only one Verizon store, so that leaves me with either driver to Beaumont (an hour drive to the West) or Lafayette (an hour drive to the East). I should not have to do that. That is kind of like when you buy an iPhone from AT&T, and you have a problem with it, you have to go to an Apple store. After you walk out of the store with that phone, that is it. You're on Apple after that. And here, being this is Louisiana, the only Apple stores we have are in Baton Rouge (3 hours to the East) or Houston (2 hours to the West).

Any way, I am happy now that I finally got my issue resolved but it leaves me wondering should I really have left AT&T for Verizon when AT&T would have dealt with this issue almost instantly.