BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #1
hesomp

Model: 7100T
Unhappy OWA with Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have been using the tmobile BIS server to get all of my email to my 7100t. I use OWA (outlook web access) to hook up to my work email. As of thursday or last week, I can no longer configure my OWA to work with the blackberry. On Tuesday of last week, I changed my network password at work, then I had to login to tmobile to change my password for OWA there. It worked...until Thursday night, i got a message saying that my work email is no longer accessible. I logged into tmobile and have tried everything, but it keeps on saying that it can not find my mailbox!!! Does anyone have any suggestions??
Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #2
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

I had the same thing and I deleted the account from t-mobile and added again. if you are using TeamOn then there is a new version of this utility please doanload and restart the PC.
Good luck!!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
hesomp

I really can't use that TeamOn stuff here at work, b/c after 8 hours you are signed on to your PC at work, you need to authenitcate to the radius server to access the internet. When I deleted the account and tried to reconfigure it, it says " a connection could not be established to Xxxxx" (where xxxx is the link to the OWA to my work).
Old 10-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
ckbook28

why not just foward your email
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbook28
why not just foward your email
Humor us and explain how one would do that if they have Exchange/OWA.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
Dustbin30
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7230

If they have access to the AD, just add your BIS email account to the forward to option under Exchange General tab - Delivery Options?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
hesomp

I spent the greater part of my day trying to setup a rule in Outlook to forward the mail. I found out that it will not forward mail outside of the exchange server. The IT department is pretty strict here, so I would have a tough time trying to setup forwarding in AD. Any other alternatives?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbin30
If they have access to the AD, just add your BIS email account to the forward to option under Exchange General tab - Delivery Options?
In most cases for those users posting in this forum, they do not even know what Active Directory is much less how to set up forwarding on their account within AD. And lets not even mention that, in my organizations with somewhat decent security policy, said practice is restricted.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
hesomp

I just spoke to IT about it. They said it is a "security violation" to forward my email to another address. I guess I can call tmobile tongiht to see what the h*ll is going on....it worked fine for 1.5 months, now, it stopped for no reason.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #10
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless

Hesomp: I understand your objective, but have you thought this through? When you forward messages you are sending them in the clear. Using the redirector you are sending them with encryption. I have no idea whether you work for a publicly traded company or not but there could be significant SOX compliance issues as well. My email is quite valuable to me as well and while personal email is important not a chance I would risk sending company email without security. Just a thought, though I completely empathize.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
morganjt

I have the same issue. When trying to add or update my work exchange account it is unable to establish a connection. I think this is because when you enter the OWA address it's dropping the "https://" off the front and trying to connect without a secure connection. It worked before because the settings were transferred from what we had set up at the BWC to the new BIS after the upgrade. Once you change your password, or delete and re-add the account, it won't work anymore. I spent about an hour with tmo tech Friday, then they transferred me to a RIM tech in Canada. Still no luck. It has been escalated and they are supposed to get back to me.
If anyone has successfully resolved this or has another option for retrieving this mail let me know.

Forwarding- not secure and doesn't allow reply to all.

Is there some way to set the phone up to connect directly to OWA and get email?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
morganjt

The problem is fixed! Someone at RIM must have figured it out. If you have the same problem I guess you just have to spend the time on hold with support. Maybe with some lluck they fixed the problem for everyone.
Closed Thread