Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Naiera

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 3
Default After OS update I get 'invalid ring tone selected'

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone else experienced this on their 9900? I've read a lot of threads on this topic, but none have been about the 9900.

A few weeks ago I chose to upgrade to the latest OS and somehow it failed to update properly. It seems that the phone has the latest OS, but the process failed in Desktop Software on my Mac.

After that, the sounds would go dead after a certain period of time; I'd get the message 'Invalid ring tone selected; please make another selection' with any of my tones, no matter if they were there from the beginning or among those I've downloaded from OS 5. A reboot would fix the problem for about 24 hours.

Two weeks or so ago I install the Desktop Software on my emulated Windows XP and find the option of installing the OS completely from the beginning. I went with the latest version and the program just did the whole thing for me, including restoring the backup.

This had seemed to work ever since, until now, where I find the ring tones not working, once again. Obviously, this confuses me a lot, since it would always stop working after about 24 hours before.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this? I would very much appreciate any advice.

EDIT: I have a 2GB memory card in there that's been present when it's all been peachy and when there's been trouble. I haven't installed any programs at all since I thought I fixed the problem. No updates for anything either.

Last edited by Naiera; 01-16-2012 at 09:33 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: After OS update I get 'invalid ring tone selected'

My thought is one of the standard apps is corrupted. it may be from the use of emulation mode. I would try using one of the programs like JL_cmdr to reload the OS but it may not be available for a MAC. It also may be better to try it on a PC
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Or you need to reload your ringtones and set them up again. Probably got wiped out during the OS update.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Naiera

The ringtones have been working for a long time. They're all there.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
eliguled

Model: 9700
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Has anyone else experienced this on their 9900? I've read a lot of threads on this topic, but none have been about the 9900.

A few weeks ago I chose to upgrade to the latest OS and somehow it failed to update properly. It seems that the phone has the latest OS, but the process failed in Desktop Software on my Mac.

After that, the sounds would go dead after a certain period of time; I'd get the message 'Invalid ring tone selected; please make another selection' with any of my tones, no matter if they were there from the beginning or among those I've downloaded from OS 5. A reboot would fix the problem for about 24 hours.

Two weeks or so ago I install the Desktop Software on my emulated Windows XP and find the option of installing the OS completely from the beginning. I went with the latest version and the program just did the whole thing for me, including restoring the backup.

This had seemed to work ever since, until now, where I find the ring tones not working, once again. Obviously, this confuses me a lot, since it would always stop working after about 24 hours before.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this? I would very much appreciate any advice.

EDIT: I have a 2GB memory card in there that's been present when it's all been peachy and when there's been trouble. I haven't installed any programs at all since I thought I fixed the problem. No updates for anything either.
havin same problem anyone go saltion?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
fortlauderdale
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

I had the same problem. I was using the Jared flashlight APP. I removed the APP and the problem was resolved. BB claims some APPs that access the media (flashlight APP access via video camera which is considered media). I reloaded a new flashlight APP and all works perfectly now.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Naiera

Aha! I have Jared's flashlight app as well!

I'll try getting rid of that the next time it happens. It's been working for a number of days now, but I'm sure it'll happen again, of course, every time I reset due to some software update, the problem is postponed...
Closed Thread