Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
kyb5022

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Help please! Merging records failure

Please Login to Remove!

I have a G5 iMac PowerPC and an 8700 Blackberry. I have been using PocketMac to sync iCal and Address Book. It was working fine until a couple days ago. It has been refusing to sync and giving me the following error messages:
[time] Merging local records with device records failed. Will not continue.
[time] Merging local records with device records failed. Will not continue.

I've tried uninstalling PocketMac and reinstalling, but I still get the same message. I have tried googling the error message and I can't find anything that matches my problem. So I have been entering my appointments into my BB myself, which is very frustrating.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on? I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You very likely have some data in one of the calendar entries that isi inot compatible with the BB. Of that error comes with there is an attachment to a calendar item or some odd data or symbol in the calendar entry. If it has worked before, look in your more recent calendar entries to if you find one as described.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
diadian

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default To narrow things done a little bit...

Try turning off all the sync functions in pocketmac except for one at a time and then try to sync.
This will help you track down which function is screwing up.

I had the same problem and I found that its my ToDo list (tasks) that is causing the problem. That's a much smaller list then my schedule. Hopefully this idea will help you.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
7290bb

Model: 7290
Carrier: t-mobile

I had the same problem. I got this response:
Please use the following utility located in your Home folder/Library/Application Support/PocketMacSyncManager/Additional Tools.

SyncClean. Please open this application. You will need to click both "Clean SyncServices Files" and Clean PocketMac Files. Confirm each choice.

Please restart your Mac after using SyncClean (to avoid "Merging local records with device" error). When syncing, if the Sync Services debug window comes up, you must click ALLOW. DO NOT check the box to delete data.

HTH
Closed Thread