BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #61
PavementPilot
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: PM me
Carrier: Telus

Please Login to Remove!

How about a shopping list that when you click on the item to show it picked up, it asks the price so you have a running total of your bill before hitting the teller.

I always shop with my BB in calculator mode and the list on paper. Merging the two would be great.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #62
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

hmm something that allows dual calendars. one for work one for personal

A simpler money mgmt app. track it and ascendo while nice are more involved than what I need
Old 05-24-2008, 12:02 PM   #63
s10xtremenlow
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Mark an email to "Follow up" and outlook would mark it as follow up as we... The current "Follow Up" program doesn't do this.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #64
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post
If there way anyway from some of the BB technical gurus to even HACK into the BB Messenger I bet there is some way to add a contact other than through their PIN #.
I know this is off-topic, but if you are serious about putting down a bet on that, I'll step up and cover the action. I'm betting against the capability.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #65
DaveAnderson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820

Wirelessly posted

I would like a newsgroup reader.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #66
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPilot View Post
How about a shopping list that when you click on the item to show it picked up, it asks the price so you have a running total of your bill before hitting the teller.

I always shop with my BB in calculator mode and the list on paper. Merging the two would be great.
This would be fantastic. Threaded SMS is still the biggest for me, though I am still plenty glad to even be able to see my old messages while replying since I've never had that on a phone before.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #67
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Lightbulb Push alerts

I can get a $30 weather radio that will scream its head off if there's a storm nearby, but I can be in 30 kinds of peril at once and my $x00 BB won't make a peep.

I want a desktop push application that uses my current latitude/longitude to ping for every kind of alert I may choose to configure - storms - Amber Alerts - escaped prisoners - school lockdowns - road/bridge out - high levels of specific allergens - angry wife - alien invasions - you name it.

/\/\\/\/
Old 05-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #68
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBW View Post
I can get a $30 weather radio that will scream its head off if there's a storm nearby, but I can be in 30 kinds of peril at once and my $x00 BB won't make a peep.

I want a desktop push application that uses my current latitude/longitude to ping for every kind of alert I may choose to configure - storms - Amber Alerts - escaped prisoners - school lockdowns - road/bridge out - high levels of specific allergens - angry wife - alien invasions - you name it.

/\/\\/\/
Haha save a few of those, sounds like good ol' desktop Weatherbug. I miss that program dearly since I haven't gotten around to finding a version (or equivalent) for a Mac.

And that reminds me.. a free equivalent to Desktop Manager for Macs that could come in the box with the BB. And no, I don't mean PocketMac. I'd like one that actually works and works at the same level of awesomeness!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #69
jack55

Model: STORM

I'll think of something! LOL

Meanwhile, my main wishlist was was fulfilled by having the backlight come on when someone texts me by BBLights as after all I talked tateu into redoing the code for me and others, PLUS this is FREE!

Once again I thank tateu for taking the time to do that!

So yes folks, keep the wishlists coming... there are nice folks here willing to get-er-dun!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #70
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

The ability to have and sync, multiple and color coded calendars. Like a home calander and a work calendar, in different colors. Oh and a better agenda view.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #71
Phranc

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAnderson View Post
Wirelessly posted

I would like a newsgroup reader.
I'll second that. I would really like to see a Usenet reader that could post.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #72
ma077146

Model: 8830
PIN: 3019F3E6
Carrier: Sprint

Originally Posted by Klotar

2) Onboard backup application that will back up all databases but saves the backup to the SD card. Including 3rd party apps. Archives would be compressed to save space, and password enforced. AND a small jad/jar that comes with the application that can be stored on the SD card that can enable one to install the app from the SD card (by exploring to the directory), right off of a fresh OS install; and once the app is installed, be able to restore from the backup on the SD card, decompressing on the fly.

That really would be a great application. I know that RIM limits the API functions available to 3rd party developers. While you might be able to write an application that backs up 3rd party data, I don't know how far you could get with backing up data from native RIM applications.

Maybe someone could weight in on that.

Like Coupons and Free Shipping?
http://thediscountdude.com

Last edited by ma077146; 05-25-2008 at 11:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #73
mdlissner

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
Originally Posted by Klotar

2) Onboard backup application that will back up all databases but saves the backup to the SD card. Including 3rd party apps. Archives would be compressed to save space, and password enforced. AND a small jad/jar that comes with the application that can be stored on the SD card that can enable one to install the app from the SD card (by exploring to the directory), right off of a fresh OS install; and once the app is installed, be able to restore from the backup on the SD card, decompressing on the fly.

That really would be a great application. I know that RIM limits the API functions available to 3rd party developers. While you might be able to write an application that backs up 3rd party data, I don't know how far you could get with backing up data from native RIM applications.

Maybe someone could weight in on that.
Fabulous idea. I had this type of application on my PalmOS devices. It was called BackupBuddy from Blue Nomad Software.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 05-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #74
MBW

Model: 8110

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPilot View Post

Not enough automation! Use the camera to read the bar code, let the store Bluetooth pricing info, have the data service look up all eligible coupon codes, Bluetooth to the register for scanning-free checkout and let a checkout fingerprint scanner provide the decrypt key for secure payment by the method you chose on your BB (which can also confirm for you there's enough balance there).

All that's missing is a GPS map to all the free sample stations in the store.

/\/\\/\/
Old 05-26-2008, 02:05 PM   #75
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher View Post
I would like one that allows a BES connected BlackBerry to be remotely controlled/modified.
Is this what you think of?

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 05-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #76
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I have a few:

1. I would like a nice cardio / weight tracking application that can sync or export to the desktop. I hae checked out all the one available right now but the put a lot more effort into counting calories vs. just tracking workouts.

2. As mentioned above an application lock would be great, I do keep tight control over my BlackBerry but think it would be a nice add on.

Thats it for now.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #77
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured

I would like to see a SIP client for the (Wifi-enabled) BlackBerry devices which would allow you to make phone calls if your carrier does not support UMA.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #78
Thomas.Wetter

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone.de

Self contained desktop application (like you use to have it with the Palms): Easy to use panels on your desktop/notebook for calendar, notes, etc; and synchronizing the BB 1-1 with the desktop/notebook; not having to deal with all the overhead that a corporate Outlook / Lotus Notes etc. installation enforces upon you. Need not include e-mail.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #79
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBW View Post

/\/\\/\/
Check this link:
Emergency Email . . . . The Emergency Email Network . . . . . . . . . . . . NOW INCLUDED WITH the business continuity and disaster recovery resource on the web.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #80
2Curious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMo USA

Streaming video! I want a 3rd party client that I can install. I want movies and tv, and whatever content there is to be had on the net, on my BB.
It's the only thing missing from this beautiful device.

(I do not want the crappy quickplay solution some other carriers are going with. I don't want corporate decided content. I want to have access to any content on the net.)