Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
cbeede

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Sync Multiple Calendars to Multiple Outlook Folders

Please Login to Remove!

I have a 9650 with multiple calendars. I am trying to find out if you can map each calendar to seperate calendars in Outlook 2002. So far all I can do is get the device calendars to sync to the main calendar in outlook.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Do you want to keep multiple calendars on your BlackBerry or do you want only 1 calendar one your device? (1 calendar synching on your device sycnhing with one calendar on your desktop will make this an easier process.)

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
cbeede

Currently, I have two calendars on my device. One for personal and one for business. What I would like to do in Outlook on my desktop is to have one calendar for business and one calendar for personal. When I sync my device I would like the personal calendar info to go into the personal calendar in Outlook and the business calendar on the device will sync with the business calendar in Outlook.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW US

I don't think you can do this. If you have two calendars on the device, then I believe this means that you have two e-mail accounts on the device. Each calendar on the device is associated with an e-mail account. I am not aware of being able to create a calendar without an associated e-mail.

There is a way to accomplish what you want. I use outlook for work (BES) and a g-mail calendar for personal. I have my g-mail account on the handheld (BIS). Then install Google sync. Before running sync, go to options/advanced options/default services and change your calendar to the google calendar. Then start google sync and sync the calendar only. This will show both sets of events (work and personal) on one calendar on the handheld. It provides wireless synchronization to the google calendar, in both directions.

Good luck
Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
cbeede

I have two email accounts on my 9650 device therefore I have two calendars. Is it possible to sync one device calendar to a specific Outlook folder and the other device calendar to another specific Outlook folder. If it's possible how do I go about doing it.(please explain in terms a non computer person can understand)
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW US

Understood. But what you are trying to do is synch both calendars (each associated with a different e-mail account) to one version of outlook running on your pc. I don't believe you can. When you synch using DM, it will only see one of the calendar folders. The other option I provided is one way around it. There may be others..

Anybody else?

Last edited by scassel; 10-13-2010 at 02:39 PM..
Old 10-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
SteveO86

This can be done, but it fairly complicated. The desktop manager will only sync the Default Calendar/CICAL found in Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services

So once 1 calendar in Synched you would need to change the default calendar on your BlackBerry, as well as reconfiguring the Sync in the BB desktop manager to sync to a different outlook calendar.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
TErvocharge

Model: 7100t
Carrier: atT
Default Re: Sync Multiple Calendars to Multiple Outlook Folders

In outlook I have two calendars, I want to have my default calendar and a subcalendar on my blackberry
any way to do this wirelessly without another email account or profile on the BB? I have a 8310 and see multiple thread posts from 2008 that say no. We are on BES 5.0.2 express.

I just want to sync two calendar, one default, one personal (either a subfolder or its own folder) in my outlook profile to a BB device. No google calendar or anything else, just a wireless sync of two outlook calendars..
Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
SteveO86

Default Re: Sync Multiple Calendars to Multiple Outlook Folders

Still no.

Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread