BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
dstaff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: G
Carrier: Bell
Default Can you use BIS and BES at the same time?

Please Login to Remove!

Good Morning..
Got an odd question for you all..
My employer is willing to add my personasl BB to their BES server so I can get access to my work e-mail, however, I have several other email accounts setup through BIS already. My question is will I lose access to my BIS accounts?
Also my default Calendar is sync'd to my google calendar account so my wife and I can share it.. is my personal calendar now going to be sync'd to the BES server?

And if there are any other issues you think I'm gonig to see, please let me know..
Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

It depends upon what the company IT Policy allows. You would need to talk to the BES Admin to see if those are allowed and will work.

Some of us here do not recommend using your personal BB on the company BES since the IT Policy can really restrict what you can and cannot do. Plus, it is never a good idea to mix personal and company info (email, phone, contacts, calender, IMs etc) on the company BB.

For more info, use the search. Also read these:

What can my BES Admin see on my BlackBerry handheld ... ??? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

What can a BES Administrator xxx8220;seexxx8221; on my BB...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...y-look-bb.html

What does BES see; what can be tracked/logged? - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

Dubdub's advice is correct and you need to understand all the potential ramifications before jumping in.

To the question, yes, it can be done.

To the calendar question, you can keep the calendars "seperate", i.e work will not synch to google and google will not synch to work but it requires a setting change on the handheld. I must say up front that I am not familiar with your specific device. On my 9550 it is OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/DEFAULT SERVICES. Change the calendar to your google calendar. You will see one calendar and the events will be differentiated by color. I run this exact set up and it works well.

Good luck
Old 07-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
dstaff
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: G
Carrier: Bell

Thanks Dubdub and Scassel, I think given the potential issues, I will just ask to have my work e-mail forwarded to my home account. I'll get a copy to my BB that way.

Cheers
Dean
Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

For what it is worth, I'd be willing to bet that if they allow you to forward your work email to your home computer they would also allow you to connect your home email accounts to a BES-connected BlackBerry. You'd still have to implement the calender fix, though.
Closed Thread