Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
TBone2k
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: Bell
Default Stopping Outlook Junk E-Mail Forwards

Please Login to Remove!

I have one user who is having a problem where all of his messages in his Outlook Junk E-Mail folder show up on his blackberry. All other users are okay. I have searched around for this, but either find people have no answer, or I'm not sure how to apply the solution.

I saw something about an option not to forward junk mail as a setting on the user account in BES. However, I don't see that option.

User is on verizon (if it matters), the rest of us are Rogers. Server is BES 4.1.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
TreeDude
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPn4S
PIN: 76E5A626
Carrier: Verizon

If you right click on the user there should be an option called "Choose Folders for Redirection." Make sure the junk mail folder is unchecked.

BES was decommissioned. Currently using iPhones with Lotus Notes Traveler 9.0.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
tomj96

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Hey, first time posting here but I went through this problem and was so happy to find a solution!

This works on BlackBerry Professional, too. (tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me)

You can also go to the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center on blackberry.com and search for KB00139

Administrators can configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to delay mail processing in order to allow time for anti-virus or anti-spam software to scan messages.

To delay mail processing, complete the following steps:

In the Registry Editor, go to one of the following locations: For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software versions 2.1 and earlier HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Server; For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software versions 3.5 though 3.6 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Servers\<BlackBerry_Enterprise_S erver_name>; For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software versions 4.0 through 4.1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents
If the ProcessMailDelay registry entry already exists, change the Value data field to the number of seconds you would like mail processing to be delayed. If the ProcessMailDelay registry entry does not exist, create a registry entry with the following values:

Name = ProcessMailDelay
Type = DWORD
Value = This value specifies the number of seconds to delay mail processing. For example, a value of 5 delays mail processing for 5 seconds. (Note - We ended up using the value of 45)

Restart the BlackBerry Dispatcher and BlackBerry Controller.

Good luck!
Closed Thread