Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700c
Carrier: att & vzw
Default VZW might be capping unlimted data to 4GB

Please Login to Remove!

according to BGR and jkOnTheRun: Verizon now capping unlimited data at 4 GB verizon might be capping "UNLIMITED data plans from 5GB limit to 4GB

seriously what happened to the term UNLIMITED???

Last edited by crazydude; 06-07-2007 at 06:18 PM..
Old 06-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydude View Post
according to BGR and jkOnTheRun: Verizon now capping unlimited data at 4 GB verizon might be capping "UNLIMITED data plans from 5GB limit to 4GB

seriously what happened to the term UNLIMITED???
Verizon has their own definitions when it come to the cell phone biz, all which involve screwing their customers.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Verizon has their own definitions when it come to the cell phone biz, all which involve screwing their customers.

tell me about. they cripple phones, charge for tethering. they be trying to squeeze every penny out of customers
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Wow....what a poor way to do business.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Wow....what a poor way to do business.
agreed first they cripple your device, now they cripple your service. It looks like the are trying to dishonestly make money on overages. how badly do the wanna piss away the subscriber base? ther running ads on the history channel an fox news chanel on how greata they are. Did they even bust out a press release? and the fedgov is coniddering bidding thjem out for a contact? hellz NO! if the feds do go for it it will seriously tel the public how screwed up CONGRESS is.

Last edited by Galvatron; 06-08-2007 at 05:49 AM..
Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
PabloTX
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I agree...their entire attitude towards their customers is horrible.

Two weeks from today, my wife's contract is up. I'm paying the ETF on my line and moving to Cingular.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
I agree...their entire attitude towards their customers is horrible.

Two weeks from today, my wife's contract is up. I'm paying the ETF on my line and moving to Cingular.
They (Verizon) don't care. They have the largest network and they know it. Many will simply use Verizon for that fact alone. Not to mention that they have the Feds in their pocket. I, for one, will never use Verizon.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
They (Verizon) don't care. They have the largest network and they know it. Many will simply use Verizon for that fact alone. Not to mention that they have the Feds in their pocket. I, for one, will never use Verizon.

Verizon does have a far superior network than cingular and tmobile combined. their signals penetrate every building i have ever been in, and they have excellent service even out in the middle of no-where. however...it comes with a price. they screw their customers over with rediculous fees, locking their phones, and their "i don't give a crap about you b/c we don't need you as a customer" attitude when you call customer service. they say "your problem is our problem"...but really it's "my problem is still my problem and their problem becomes my problem also"....referring to certain fees they have (which no one else has) as they claim they need to help offset the costs of complying with federal standards. i mean, wtf verizon...every other company seems to do it just fine by incorporating it into their plan prices...why can't you? also...it's time to give up the CDMA network. the problem is that they have rooted themselves SO much into it, that to re-do everything...well...it would be a fortune beyond our number system at this point. now if they want to fit in with the rest of the world, they need to make dual band phones for CDMA and GSM....way to go verizon...

sorry...that was a rant if i ever wrote one. there are tons of other gripes about verizon, but it's time for dinner so i'm heading out.

peace,

-Josh
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #9
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think this mad ran ois we'll justified hell sue vorizen. You could sue them for misrepesentaion and false advertising.

Vorizens corperate greed will be the death of them. Every tim I walk in to my buddys tmobile store I see people signing up cause they have had it with vorizen and sprint.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #10
Sleam
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Does this mean that my unlimited will be a technically 4gb maximum of web browser usage a month?

Is this for sure or just a rumor?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #11
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

I dunno if its 4GB or 5GB ... but there is definitely a limit.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #12
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Who even comes close to 4GB though?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #13
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

4 gigs bgr broke this story last week.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #14
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

This is not rumor it is fact cnet and bgr are running it.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:37 AM   #15
PabloTX

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Verizon does have a far superior network than cingular and tmobile combined.
I don't know about that. At one time, sure, but others...especially Cingular/AT&T are definitely catching up. Verizon's ability to abuse their customers by holding "the network" over their head are quickly waning.

As evidenced by here, HowardForums, and on Verizon's own private Customer Council website, users are becoming increasingly frustrated by Verizon's policies on data and crippling of devices. Some long term users (including myself) are now considering, or even have made the decision, to move to a more consumer-friendly carrier.

Perhaps Verizon doesn't want customers like us (those who participate in on-line forums and are more tech savvy) and would prefer to go with the less inclined and continue to spoon-feed them GIN.

But I've come to the conclusion that Verizon is no longer the carrier for me.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:40 AM   #16
jddphd

Model: 9700
Carrier: Orange FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
I suppose it would be possible if you're watching videos through your phone.

All day.

Every day.

Non stop.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #17
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post

Yes its possible. 3 people in my company have been flagged already, we are always on the road and we tether a lot to get all the files we need for work. Personally i have got to 3.5GB.
Some exec tried to say we were doing our own personal stuff but the IT department had to prove them wrong
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #18
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Sevral people I've seen last year made that choice. Vorizen has also been getting bad press in the media as well. Basicly vorizen has no guilt makeing you bend over and rape your wallet. They will continue to do this untill there is an uproar to an extent that that they could never recover from. They will continue to dazzle the tenage girl with the "paris hilton intelect" until mommy and daddy see the phone bill and make athe switch as soon asther contract is up. That's what happens here. I was at the mall one day and this mom was scolding here daughter cause she spent $150.00 on wallpapers and ringtones. That is the kind of customer vorizen prefers. Stupid sheep.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 AM   #19
crazydude
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleam View Post
Does this mean that my unlimited will be a technically 4gb maximum of web browser usage a month?

Is this for sure or just a rumor?
Reality right now its 5GB the capping is a rumor not confirmed yet.

check vzw web site Read Additional Calling Plan Information at the bottom

hope this helps
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #20
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

Sevral people I've seen last year made that choice. Vorizen has also been getting bad press in the media as well. Basicly vorizen has no guilt makeing you bend over and rape your wallet. They will continue to do this untill there is an uproar to an extent that that they could never recover from. They will continue to dazzle the tenage girl with the "paris hilton intelect" until mommy and daddy see the phone bill and make athe switch as soon asther contract is up. That's what happens here. I was at the mall one day and this mom was scolding here daughter cause she spent $150.00 on wallpapers and ringtones. That is the kind of customer vorizen prefers. Stupid sheep.
WOW...i couldn't have said it better. verizon really has drifted off on their own boat and its customers are left being dragged along without any control of their services, rights as a customer and features. currently i am in a family plan with verizon (i am an additional line) but i needed blackberry service. i looked at the verizon data services...they wanted a whopping $50/month ONTOP of my voice package for unlimited data (which we now know is not true and is in fact capped to 4 or 5 GB). I decided to go with T-Mobile for Blackberry because they seemed the most down to earth and the cheapest. Cingular/ATT wireless offers a blackberry data package $5/month more ($35/month vs $30/month). T-Mobile is great...I get service pretty much everywhere. I had issues before but I upgraded the software on my blackberry and change the network searching options. They have GREAT customer service and are available 24/7 and I have NEVER had to wait to talk to someone. They have their own dedicated Blackberry support team staffed with computer science majors (one of the tech agents i talked to graduated from a school near me in computer science). I feel that my technical problem occurances can be understood by the Blackberry support team because they have intelligence.

Verizon really has let me down over the years. I used to be a customer with BAM (Bell Atlantic Mobile) way back when digital just emerged and my local calling area consisted of the tri-state area (everything else was roaming). I have seen how regressive Verizon has become. When Verizon first emerged, it was great...they gave free texting and calling to Canada and free roaming in canada. They also gave me FREE UNLIMITED TEXT MESSAGING. As Verizon continued to grow, they started eliminating features. They first took away my unlimited text messaging, then, when my contract expired they took away all canada calling and roaming and texting to canada (everything i will get a fee for using now). The inferior network that they claimed they had...started to drop calls. The phone handsets started to become dominated with lame generalized LG and motorola and samsung handsets. Nokia candy bar phones stopped being offered.

It has just been a sad sad regression to what Verizon is now. I would like to find out which "group" Verizon now tailors to. It definitely isn't the average customer or even the "Verizon Family" who has a One-Bill with Home Calling, DSL, and a 4-line family plan. They just took away our One-Bill discount b/c they want us to get the "TOTAL PACKAGE" and get Verizon Digital Cable too.

Pretty much it can be summed up to what I said before. Verizon has drifted off on their own boat, and all of the customers are being dragged along. People are too stupid to jump off the Verizon bandwagen and get "legit" cellular service and internet. It's never going to get any better either.

That is my ridiculous rant for the day. perhaps if you want to hear all of my ridiculous/horrendous/hilarious Verizon stories, you could sit down and interview me, but most likely not. Let's just say i've been through the high's and the low's with verizon.
Closed Thread