Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
acsteve

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizion
Default no screen after 5.0

Please Login to Remove!

I waited a little while before updating from 4.7.148... Any way i updated and like very much the OS. Prob is when it times (20 sec) to dim it does then it will not come back up. The device is still on. I have my led indicator I can even call it and it will ring. It seems as though all is well, only its a black screen. I have read the posts here and am not finding anyone else with this unless i missed it. Anybody please?
Storm1.... upgrade to 5.0 328. I have reloaded without any 3rd party apps. I have done hard reset's, many of em.. I have done 2 wipes and reload. All comes back to same prob. It can take a few tries to get the screen to lite back up after pulling the Batt. I can pull batt and within 2 or 3 times of pulling the batt then it will come back up in a reload, then when its time out its gone and without reboot will not come back up.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
alicio58

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsteve View Post
I waited a little while before updating from 4.7.148... Any way i updated and like very much the OS. Prob is when it times (20 sec) to dim it does then it will not come back up. The device is still on. I have my led indicator I can even call it and it will ring. It seems as though all is well, only its a black screen. I have read the posts here and am not finding anyone else with this unless i missed it. Anybody please?
Storm1.... upgrade to 5.0 328. I have reloaded without any 3rd party apps. I have done hard reset's, many of em.. I have done 2 wipes and reload. All comes back to same prob. It can take a few tries to get the screen to lite back up after pulling the Batt. I can pull batt and within 2 or 3 times of pulling the batt then it will come back up in a reload, then when its time out its gone and without reboot will not come back up.
The same is happen to my blackberry i dont know what to do!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
acsteve

Carrier: Verizion
Default dont know

Above is a link i found( lol I cant put a link here.) with some ppl having same issue. I found another link that I can not locate or I would post it.(not now) It had many ppl with same exact prob we have. Bad news is they could not find answer. Like me they have tried all they know. As you can see here in this forum nobody wants to even comment on this. The other sites I have been too, they even talked to Verizon and RIM all of em saying you prob. going to have to wait for a fix and go back to 4.7.. To bad I like 5.0... phone responds very nicely to it. Just goes to sleep and wont wake up. One guy with insurance is having new phone sent to him. I have ins. but dont want to risk getting a crappy refirbed phone so i going to wait. If you find an answer please post it for me..and I will do same..
Closed Thread