Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
jwolfe77

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default Im Finished With it!!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

I am on my third bb curve in a months time and all have had the same problems. The rollerball keeps getting stuck and the headsets that come with the phones cut in and out making it impossable to hold a conversation. I went to sprint and they want to order me a fourth one. I just got off the phone with customer retention and they are letting me get a new phone so i guess ill go with the instinct. Sprint doesnt have any other phones worth a crap. I really like my bb but i can only take so much.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
biggem001
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

dang, sucks for you. I have had no problems with my bb. only time i traded in (through warranty) was just to get a new one ( dont tell anyone ;) ). i've had my trackball get stuck, but all i do it just put the blackberry upside down and blow into it. fixes it no problem. IF that doesn't work, i'll just disassemble the trackball setup, not too hard.

as for the headset... well its a cheap wired headset, DUH, its not going to be amazing.
AND if this is the third time with this problem, i can honestly say its not RIM's fault anymore.. you know the saying, fool me once shame on him, fool me twice, shame on me. well fool me three times?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Do you carry the BB in your pocket, this always causes dust in the trackball.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
jjd228
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfe77 View Post
I am on my third bb curve in a months time and all have had the same problems. The rollerball keeps getting stuck and the headsets that come with the phones cut in and out making it impossable to hold a conversation. I went to sprint and they want to order me a fourth one. I just got off the phone with customer retention and they are letting me get a new phone so i guess ill go with the instinct. Sprint doesnt have any other phones worth a crap. I really like my bb but i can only take so much.
how pathetic is it that sprint needs an entire department named "customer retention" theyre the WORST carrier, company, ever... period.

and, uh... did the guy below you really just say "dang"? im just curious
Old 08-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
FYI that you cannot sync the calendar on the Instinct - with anything.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
I wouldn't give up, how are you carring it.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Sandman1967
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I have only had one problem with my Curve, it does not like ANY moister. It is so sensitive that I have to put it in a drawer in the bathroom if the shower is on. It just starts navigating on it's own.
As far as the trackball, they are really easy to clean. You can find pictures here on the forum for that.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd228 View Post
how pathetic is it that sprint needs an entire department named "customer retention" theyre the WORST carrier, company, ever... period.

and, uh... did the guy below you really just say "dang"? im just curious
All carriers have a customer retention type department. For everyone 50 people who are happy with their cell service there is 1 who thinks <insert name of company> is the worst ever with the worst customer service and the worst coverage. They tend to call and complain. A lot. At T-Mobile when someone said they wanted to cancel they're transferred over to the retention department to either set up the cancellation or see what needs to be done to keep them.

I also tend to agree with some of the other posters. One phone, sure it might be the hardware. Two phones, well maybe. Three phones? Nah, it's more than likely something the user is doing.

As someone else pointed out, if you're carrying the phone in your pocket that could explain the trackball issues. Lots of lint and dust in pockets which causes the trackball to stop working.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the headsets. Are you using the same headset with each device? Perhaps the headset is the problem.

This thread probably belongs more in the rants/raves section.

Dave
Old 08-17-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Yeah.. the Instink...great phone. Hangs up on people because the touch screen touches your face. Can't be synched, have difficulty with senseing the touch 100% of the time. My aunt had it and dumped it within the 30 days and is going with a BB.

And I agree... 3 phones in 30 days all with trackball issues?? Maybe the OP works for a sand quarry.
Closed Thread