Old 03-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
erichall1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Google messed up

Please Login to Remove!

For a while now there is a rediculous box for entering text showing up at the top of Google results page in the native BB browser. This is not there when on my laptop or when using Mini Opera. What is it doing there except being an annoyance? There is also another lame box at the bottom of the results page. Lamest thing about it is that when back paging to the results page after checking out a result link it no longer returns to the spot (location) on the results page where I was before visiting a link. Instead it returns always to that lame annoying box rather than where I was at before. And yes, I have the correct setting for that (location support)checked in options. This is a major pain in the butt having to always scroll down to where I left off in the results list. Anyone know why Google is totaly screwed up in this manner in the native BB browser? I am refering to the real Google not the lame mobile version which i never use. Any ideas on if and how this can be corrected?
Thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I don't understand what the problem is here. I see boxes at the top and bottom of the Google search results on the BB (and on my PC). They are search boxes so if you want to search for something else you don't have to go back to the main Google page. As for scrolling up and down the page, you know if you hit T in the brower it will take you to the top of the page, and B will take you to the bottom, right?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
erichall1

Default Not what I was talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I don't understand what the problem is here. I see boxes at the top and bottom of the Google search results on the BB (and on my PC). They are search boxes so if you want to search for something else you don't have to go back to the main Google page.
Thanks for the reply daphne, but............

Not at all what I am talking about. Yes those boxes have always been there, and are useful. These boxes I am referring to are much larger and are the very first and last object on the results page.

As I stated these only appear in the native Blackberry browser and not in Mini Opera or on a desktop or laptop.
Quote:
As for scrolling up and down the page, you know if you hit T in the brower it will take you to the top of the page, and B will take you to the bottom, right?
Again, not at all what I am referring to.

As I stated when returning to the results page (back) after clicking a result link (listing) the page comes to rest at the very top with the cursor in this larger box which is never even there in any other browser, Instead of returning me to the spot (location) in the page where I last was. Thus causing me to scroll to where I was previously to continue further down the list. Knowing how to scroll to top or bottom of page is not an issue.

Evidently when using the native blackberry browser to Google (not Google Mobile) you are not seeing what I am.

As I said the failure of my previous location in the page to be remembered and returned to is the biggest aggravation. Perhaps I will have to make some screen shots of this if no one else seems to know what I am talking about.

But thanks for your reply just the same.

Last edited by erichall1; 03-28-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Ok, I see the large box at the top of the page now, but I don't see one at the bottom. Did you try page view and column view? Or maybe you are seeing the regular view instead of the mobile view? I always use the mobile view and never noticed a problem.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
erichall1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Ok, I see the large box at the top of the page now, but I don't see one at the bottom. Did you try page view and column view? Or maybe you are seeing the regular view instead of the mobile view? I always use the mobile view and never noticed a problem.
I personally have no use for Google Mobile. The results in Google mobile are not the same as in regular Google. They are more tailored to mobile use. Of which I personally have no use for. Results are better in regular Google. That's why I always go to the regular Google Advanced first to do a search. Some same results will be there in the mobile view as the regular view, but the results are not as good in Google Mobile as they are in regular Google.

Yes I have tried page view and am usually in column view. This is some sort of malfunction or incompatibility of Google with the BB native browser because it only shows up in the native BB browser and not in any other browser.

Still the most aggravating problem remains that when going back to the results page to try a different link it goes to the top of the page with the cursor in that box that is not even there in any other browser instead of returning to the specific place in the page where I last was.

But I am at least glad that you seen the extra useless larger box at the top of the results page.
Closed Thread