Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
lmenor310

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: etisalat
Default Unbrick 9700 help

Please Login to Remove!

My phone got bricked after using the blackberry email. I’ve read in some forums that I need to reinstall the OS (5.0.0.321). I tried using BBSAK but the software cannot find my device. I have a macbook with me in which the BBSAK cannot be installed so I this (below) but im stuck at # 4 and #5. After the waiting for the device to start the Blackbeery shuts down and I see a connecting message on the device manager and after some time the message “device failed to start” is the message in th DM and it just keeps going to this process. Please help

The Wipe Stage:
1. First delete all OS's from your computer. Go to:

Your name > Library > Application Support >BlackBerry Desktop >Device Applications

2. Delete all the OS's in the folder and empty the trash.

IF you were not loading a Beta/Hybrid and you have the NON TAMPERED OS on your computer then you dont need to do this.

3. Remove the Battery from the Phone

4. Plug the phone in via USB. At this point you will see the screen come on and have a Battery icon with a red line through it. Also DM will open up because it detects a BB. It will say "Waiting for device to Start" for a while. Ignore it but dont leave your computer.

5. After about 5 min or so DM will prompt you for the password to your device if you have one. From there it will ask you what OS you want to load onto the device. It will then begin the process of Downloading the files.

During this time the phone will usually shut off automatically before the program can finish downloading the files. You have to disconnect the device and quit out of DM. Re-plug in the device and it will sit for a moment before going through step #5 again. Sometimes this has to be done 2-3 times.

6. After the OS is downloaded the program will begin loading it onto the phone. At this point the phone will shut off again and the wipe process is essentially complete.

7. The program will then say waiting on device to start. At this point you put in the battery. You may see the program say that the phone has disconnected but thats ok as it starts back up it will reconnect to the program.

At this point whatever App Error you have been getting usually now displays as app error 5xx Reload Software.

8. After sitting for a bit the program will prompt you for the password and begin loading the software onto the device. It is IMPERATIVE that you do nothing really during this time on your computer that could possibly mess with the loading process. It takes about 10 min or so to load the software and all the apps. You will NOT have any data restored you will have to run a restore afterwards
Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Have you looked at the following yet?

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...ng_Jl_Cmder%3F

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...nnect_and_wipe
Old 12-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
lmenor310

first of all thank you for the suggestion but Im running on MAC and I dont think Jl)cmdr works on mac os. I'll try this maybe on my dad's pc since it's in windows. I already downloaded the file and extracted it. It doesnt seam to be installed since nothing happens when i try the installer. do you have another link for JL_cmdr?
Thank you again
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmenor310 View Post
first of all thank you for the suggestion but Im running on MAC and I dont think Jl)cmdr works on mac os. I'll try this maybe on my dad's pc since it's in windows. I already downloaded the file and extracted it. It doesnt seam to be installed since nothing happens when i try the installer. do you have another link for JL_cmdr?
Thank you again

Sorry. I didn't see macbook when I read the post the first time.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

The link for JLCmder works, but you need to try installing it with Administrator rights (right click on the installer file) if you are on Vista.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #6
lmenor310

Finally its fixed. thank you for your suggestions and help.
What i did is find the original OS of my blackberry 9700 and used the apploader on windows. and it works perfectly now ( but i lost all apps after reinstalling the os)
Thank you i can finally used my blackberry now!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
nuangel1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

glad your up and running again .i bricked my 8310 twice .it can be frustrating .hopefully you can reload your apps.
Closed Thread