katebang
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8707
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Celcom
Default Upgrade bbos issue.. again :(

Please Login to Remove!

hi,

last nite one of my users gave me his new 9520 and ask to me upgrade the os to the 5.0.0.497. ive downloaded the installer without any issue.. after that, ive followed the standard procedures of upgrading the os

1. backup the data using a pc with BDM5.0.1
2. wipe the device using JL Commander. now the storm 9520 is having an error 507 (which indicates there are no os installed)
3. install the upgrade package on my notebook (running win7 32bit). the notebook does not have the BDM
4. delete vendor.xml
5. searched for the hidden vendor.xml if any - no other vendor.xml found.
6. start upgrade using the apploader.exe
7. then i got an error.. pls check the attachment
8. bear in mind, the SIM that have the BIS data plan is in the BB through the whole process.

I also tried to use my pc to run the apploader and BDM to upgrade the os. same procedures as above have been followed. but still no luck..

downloaded another upgrade package also didnt seems to help me. the same error message appears again.

and just to try my luck, i did remove the SIM, and i did remove the battery as well.. not working for me..

so now im stuck. i dont know what else should i do. the phone is still on error 507.

one of my friend asked me to pull out the battery for at least 4 hours, and try to upgrade again.. ive tried but not working..

ive posted in the Bold 9000 thread on the same problem. it was solved by having the SIM that comes with the BIS data plan attached to the phone during the upgrade process.. but the different was, the phone have not been wiped out using jlcommander. it was upgraded directly from 4.6 to 5.0 without any os wiping.

any other suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks in advance..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-03-10_022406.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	18127  
Old 03-19-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
pilot1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: Ball Wizard
Carrier: AT&T

Try downloading BBSAK 1.7. There is a button in that program to load OS. It also need to have DM installed. I have found it has a little to do with timing to. Do a battery pull, and the once it is back on, before it shows the 507 error, hit the Load OS Button. It might take a few tries. This has worked for me on the 9700 and 9000.

Good luck.

Last edited by pilot1; 03-19-2010 at 03:52 AM..
Old 03-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
katebang

Wirelessly posted

Hi pilot,
Did u received the same error as attached previously? Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
pilot1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: Ball Wizard
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by katebang View Post
Wirelessly posted

Hi pilot,
Yes. The same 507 error, because I wiped the Blackberry to put on a new OS. Wiping the Blackberry is not necessary, but I do it occasionally and this is the error that pops up.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Might try using the app loader a second time.

From the yellow sticky at the top of the 9500 section:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."

If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 03-19-2010 at 07:05 AM..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #6
katebang

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1
Quote:
Originally Posted by katebang View Post
Wirelessly posted

Hi pilot,
Yes. The same 507 error, because I wiped the Blackberry to put on a new OS. Wiping the Blackberry is not necessary, but I do it occasionally and this is the error that pops up.
Hi pilot,
The error I am having right now is not the 507. Its pretty common to get that error code because its basically saying that ur device has no OS loaded into it. But my problem is the apploader can't find my upgrade package. It was like I'm trying to upgrade without deleting the vendor.xml although the vendor.xml has already been deleted. Upgrade to version 5 is painful because of this. It wouldn't allows u to use other telco to upgrade ur bbos :(
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
katebang

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub
Might try using the app loader a second time.

From the yellow sticky at the top of the 9500 section:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."

If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
Hi dubdub,
These process have been repeated many times but the results have been very dissapointing. I was doing the upgrade for curve model nearly 2 years and never encounter this kind of things before. The error is only been found during the upgrading to the version 5 only..
Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
the maddman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 3312e4fc
Carrier: Verizon

I've had a very similar problem, and for me changing the USB port I had the phone plugged into got it working. Make sure you're in a real USB port and not plugged into a hub.
Closed Thread