Old 04-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
Dinan3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I don't know what to say to ya, Lunk...

I can sense your feeling of betrayal and frustration. Doens't sound like usual JDPower level of service that they're known for. I hope everything works out for you!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

That does suck. I know the majority hate Verizon, but my daughter used an enormous amount of text messages before the unlimited was around and I spoke with them about it and they knocked off half the bill and it was not there fault. The blame was all mine, well my daughter actually.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Well, that bites! You could post on ripoffreport.com

Ripoff Report: By Consumers, For Consumers

There are a few complaints there on T Mobile. Sometimes the companies will post there and give refunds, etc.

Ripoff Report Search Results: tmobile

I see another complaint here about my faves.

Rip-off Report: TMobile, T-Mobile, MyFaves, MyFavs TMobile MyFaves bug. Issue with TMobile MyFaves. Watchout TMobile MyFaves Southborough Massachusetts
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #24
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Thanks!

I will check with my attorney next week and see what he says...

The dollar a month sounds like a great idea!!!! But I'd rather just pay them, be done with them, and get as far away from them as I can....

Not only did they lose my business but they have lost future bizz due to word of my BIG FAT MOUTH... As I will pass my story along and tell others to avoid T-Mo like they have the plague...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #25
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

just a silly question since i found out most wireless support/ service also has a corporate office, have you tried to contact that? when i had sprint, their corporate office released me out of the service agreement due to 95% drop call rate. while sprint support was god awful and just a waste of time.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #26
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A

I am with you Lunk and would have done the same thing. I would have gone off on them from the get go. I am sure you were frustrated.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #27
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

This situation sucks so bad and to be treated like that after being with them for so long just shows how the Big companies think of us little guys. Is attel a national company? or are they just in certain area's?

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 04-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #28
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wow, that doesn't sound like them. What the heck is going on? I'm truely shocked by that, that is no way to treat a customer, or treat anyone.

Even though I've been completely happy with T-Mobile since 2002, I have noticed something over the years, and actually more of the recent years. They are getting more and more automated. Really seems they are trying to get people off the phones talking with a rep and rather have you talk to automated voice or go online. Their really pushing to have people use the automated service before talking to them (understandable), and looks like customer care is no longer 24/7! I just found that out recently and was completely shocked!

I mean they prob don't need it open 24/7 anymore, going online or automated system is going to save them money. But for someone like me, (and prob many others), I HATE, and I repeat, I HATE, automated systems. It's so much nicer dealer with an actually person (that you can understand and communicate and that they aren't an ass!). But I really think automated systems hurt CS scores.

As for being with a loyal customer for many years, I think its a load of BS to carriers now. Sure they might have "excellent" customer care, and you alway felt great and taken care of everytime you walked into a store or called them. All you guys call into your current service provider right now, and tell them you want to leave. Don't complain about anything, not about you don't get reception or anything, just a "well its been this long, and I think its time to leave, time for a change." I bet you will be disapointed with your current carrier. You'll prob get the feeling like they don't care or don't really want you.

It's sad, and if you think about it a lot of companies that provide service or products, you can call and cancel, not even a fight from. They don't even ask why your doing it, and even if they don't ask and you tell them your leaving (and its a simple problem they can fix, or even an apology) they don't do anything about it. Some places these days, you can cancel through an automated system! LOL. Some companies don't care, either they have too much money and customer coming in, or they just aren't trained right.

Now with the cellphone carriers, I dunno if any of those above reasons are it, cause the business is more CS orientated, but there are sooo many customers they are dealing with, people constantly calling. Many for absolutely legit reasons, but there are many people with absolutely rediculous requests. Many that call in and just totally abuse the system, like calling in, threaten to call (having no real reason to cancel other than you milk the system), so they they can get some phones for "free" or some free service.

Now i'm a pretty reasonable, and humble guy. I understand, there playground, there rules. You break the rules, its on you. Now if you do break the rules, i'm not expecting them to "go out of there way" or help you out even though it was all on you, but heck, it would be nice (and i'm sure it would happen everytime if there weren't people abusing the system). But the way I see it, ya i'm giving them money every month for the past years, what are they doing for me? well i'm paying them every month to use their service/product. Paying to use what they are providing, and of course that money goes towards them to keep the produce/service rolling, paying for overhead, real estate, etc etc, and of course for them to make a little extra, cause after all it is a business, completely reasonable. So i'm not expecting them to give me anything. I do expect however, that everytime I deal with there employee's to be treated with respect, and if I have a problem, to fix it. If i'm going to be reasonable, you need to be reasonable. But there are just so many unreasonable people out there, I just think it ruins it for everyone else.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 04-14-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #29
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo1971 View Post
I am with you Lunk and would have done the same thing. I would have gone off on them from the get go. I am sure you were frustrated.
I was actually very calm... Explained the situation and told them I wanted notes in my account....

They (if they were really even supervisors) lied and made up stories... I have it on good authority that not a single ID# I was given is legit! Perhaps the corporate office can investigate my calls based on the date and time, find who I spoke with, match it up to the voice on my recordings, and fire 4 rude, dishonest people....

I am pretty sure that type of effort will not be put forth by T-Mo, and I am sure, as I am now a former customer, that my complaint will get swept away....

Kris
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #30
wabbit

still sucks gl with alltel, its amazing how every co has people as the criminal. even if they did mess up.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #31
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
Carrier: Verizon

Lunk,
Picking a cell phone provider is like deciding if you would rather be hung or shot. They all have their issues. Hopefully alltel will do you more good than bad. By the way ain't alltel CDMA?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #32
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Yes it is..... Kinda stinks cuz now I have all these unlocked phones to toss in a box.... I thought about going to At&t but the munchkin likes the fave 5 (my circle with Alltel)
Old 04-15-2008, 12:45 AM   #33
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

BlackBerry Trade Up Program go there when you get your alltel BB, and get up to $200 per BB activation by sending in your old devices.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #34
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
BlackBerry Trade Up Program go there when you get your alltel BB, and get up to $200 per BB activation by sending in your old devices.
wow awesome link tho they don't list a 8830 time to ebay that one haha.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #35
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Ya... The munchkin is getting the Glimmer, the other munchkin on my account is getting a MotoRokr, and the 3rd line is a 8130....

I don't have a phone anymore and is why I cancelled the 4th number that was on my T-Mo account...
Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 AM   #36
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Hi Lunk I have had two issues in 6 years with T-Mobile both the reps have been no help. Issue one was equiptment charges of about $250 I called the admin assitant to the President of T-Mobile in Washinton State and the money was refunded within 48 hours.

Issue 2 was over billing of International roaming (My Fault) but the way I was treated I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint. I got a call within 24 hours from a T-Mobile disputes rep who wanted me to know they got the complaint and I would be conacted back within 24 hours.

I was shocked the next morning I got a call. I explained my mistake, they issued a credit and asked if I was happy with the resolution and if it was okay to close the complaint with a positive outcome and I said yes.

I would go one of the above routes to at least get your ETF waived if not get the entire issue resolved.

Sorry you had this issue I know how frustrating it can be.

Last edited by TroyDBrown; 04-15-2008 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #37
ScottMB4
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am guessing you don't want to post the recordings then, huh?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #38
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Ya... The munchkin is getting the Glimmer, the other munchkin on my account is getting a MotoRokr, and the 3rd line is a 8130....

I don't have a phone anymore and is why I cancelled the 4th number that was on my T-Mo account...
No phone? How are you going to communicate?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I have a pager (everyone kids me that I had to get it at the museum) and a home phone....
Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 PM   #40
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

Are you a biz account holder or personal?

I had my biz rep hold my new line activation discount for 8 months waiting for the 8120 to be released yesterday.

My biz rep is out on vacation and I was forward to his manager. She quickly contacted me and got the phone out right away. She explained that the phone is 389.99. I told her about the "deal" I had with the rep and she created my account 189 in change. So I only have to pay $150 for the new 8120. I don't know another wireless telecom that would actual follow through with an 8 month promise that was not in writing.

Still sucks that it happened to you. I bet if you were biz, they would just credit your account no problem.
Closed Thread