BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
caruso81
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130c
Carrier: ATT
Default 4.2 BB Software breaks PocketMac?

Please Login to Remove!

Installed 4.2.0.something on my 7130c. Nice upgrade, although I miss unlocking with the wheel. The problem is that PocketMac is now broken. Have reinstalled PocketMac' changed cables, etc with no luck. Any ideas?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

Are using the latest version of PocketMac (4.0.20)?

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 06-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
caruso81

Model: 7130c
Carrier: ATT

Yes...right off the PocketMac site. It worked brilliantly with my 7105t running 4.1.xxx and even the 7130 before I did the system upgrade. I did a clean uninstall of PM and reinstalled. Puzzling.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
virgiliomi

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Got an 8830 with 4.2.2 device software and the latest PocketMac download from Blackberry directly... It seems to sync the first time, but all subsequent attempts fail unless I uninstall and reinstall PocketMac.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
virgiliomi

Ok... doing some looking within a terminal shell...

It seems that EVERY time my Blackberry is plugged in, a new tty.Blackberry device is created... i.e. tty.Blackberry, tty.Blackberry1, tty.Blackberry2, etc...

And most likely, the PocketMac software is only looking at tty.Blackberry, which isn't connected beyond the first time, since new devices are created every time the Blackberry is connected.

This is most likely a bug in the Blackberry driver, as it shouldn't create additional devices every time.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
virgiliomi

Ok... it may well be a 4.2.2 problem... but my problem is now resolved following the steps outlined in this BB Support article. The problem described in this article apparently applies to BB Curve and 8830 models with the 4.2.2 software, being used with Blackberry Internet Service.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2013871738

The problem is that the service book for the calendar is not properly set up, and thus calendar entries are being stored in the device's internal calendar database, which does not sync. For whatever reason, this was causing PocketMac some heartache, and after completing the above process (which requires a Windows system with Desktop Manager to complete), all is now working well for me, even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Blackberry from/to my Macbook.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #7
Labull

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgiliomi View Post
Ok... it may well be a 4.2.2 problem... but my problem is now resolved following the steps outlined in this BB Support article. The problem described in this article apparently applies to BB Curve and 8830 models with the 4.2.2 software, being used with Blackberry Internet Service.

BlackBerry Search Results

The problem is that the service book for the calendar is not properly set up, and thus calendar entries are being stored in the device's internal calendar database, which does not sync. For whatever reason, this was causing PocketMac some heartache, and after completing the above process (which requires a Windows system with Desktop Manager to complete), all is now working well for me, even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Blackberry from/to my Macbook.
will try tomorrow. thank you. did anyone else try?
Closed Thread