BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Default Apple "fanboy-ism" totally clueless????

Please Login to Remove!

Apparently there was a rumor of a possibility of a potential announcement about an unannounced product, so although the store inside is open 24/7...

iPhone line forms at Apple's flagship for absolutely no reason

Gotta love those Apple fanboys!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

There's also another thread like this on OT > http://www.blackberryforums.com/off-...how-funny.html
Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I've read on several sites that the lines are normal at that store, it gets busy and they do crowd control. In other words people have to wait their turn to get into the store. Nothing special going on, and this was coming from people working in neighboring buildings.

everyone loves taking shots without researching.
DVICE: Mystery lineup at Apple Store revealed

Last edited by test54; 05-23-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Old 05-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

yea, i can't stand how people salivate over apple's products. it's pathetic and clearly represents the out of control and mesmerizing flagrant consumerism going on, especially concerning apple and their "hip" and "in" products. blame it on society if you may...but apple is definitely fueling the fire. they have a brilliant marketing department and only apple can sell a 1GB MP3 player for $80 without a screen...when everyone else is selling a 2GB player with screen and FM radio for 3/4 of the price. pure genius if you ask me. the people who are blinded by apple's marketing need to take a step back and realize that apple is just as controlling, if not more than corporations such as Microsoft. people look towards apple products as the "liberators" of the computer world, and the "under-dog" etc...and while their market share is low compared to Microsoft, their iron clad grip on their products is worse. it wasn't too long ago that Apple gave a cease and desist order to an Apple-Clone computer manufacturer. whether this is apple's way of maintaining high quality...as they give as their reason for regulating equipment for their OS...or if it's so they can make more money...you be the judge. granted, apple does make high quality products, and their laptops have solid metal exteriors...much more durable than the cheap plastic used in Dell and HP's.

i just want people to take a step back and see the big picture...
Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Josh I tend to usually always agree with you but you know some BB folks are the same way look at threads going on here. All the new devices that have come out lately and yet now they cant wait for the next portion of their addiction. So there are fanboys of all sorts of devices.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
deathbyart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Apparently there was a rumor of a possibility of a potential announcement about an unannounced product, so although the store inside is open 24/7...

iPhone line forms at Apple's flagship for absolutely no reason

Gotta love those Apple fanboys!
I really have nothing on topic to say. I just hope you support the 'North Texas Nebraskans'
Old 06-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
BB folks are the same way look at threads going on here. All the new devices that have come out lately and yet now they cant wait for the next portion of their addiction. So there are fanboys of all sorts of devices.
Absolutely right. I have no problems with people "talking up" and supporting their chosen platform, but I can't stand the "my team rules, yours sucks" types that are too blinded by their passion to appreciate what the other platforms have to offer. Balance is the key to life.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Absolutely right. I have no problems with people "talking up" and supporting their chosen platform, but I can't stand the "my team rules, yours sucks" types that are too blinded by their passion to appreciate what the other platforms have to offer. Balance is the key to life.
Yeah, that's kinda like when Dawg says the Dawgs rule and the Gators suck. Right Dawg?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #9
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Josh I tend to usually always agree with you but you know some BB folks are the same way look at threads going on here. All the new devices that have come out lately and yet now they cant wait for the next portion of their addiction. So there are fanboys of all sorts of devices.
you're definitely right...many BB people are the same way. the point i was trying to make was that apple's amazing marketing dept can turn a basic 1 GB flash mp3 player into a fad. they're great at that lol. at least with blackberries...they have many features and are always increasing features, specification.

for example...the macbook air has no CD drive and instead of people complaining about it...they become blinded by apple's marketing and say to themselves "wowwww what a great idea!!!" if dell or HP did that...they would be scrutinized for it. apple is brilliant at marketing lol.

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-03-2008 at 11:42 AM..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
for example...the macbook air has no CD drive and instead of people complaining about it...they become blinded by apple's marketing and say to themselves "wowwww what a great idea!!!" if dell or HP did that...they would be scrutinized for it. apple is brilliant at marketing lol.
Actually its not that far flung an idea. PC Mag's Lance Ulanoff writes about why you really don't need one on a lap top.

Lose the Optical Drives in Laptops - Columns by PC Magazine
Old 06-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Actually its not that far flung an idea. PC Mag's Lance Ulanoff writes about why you really don't need one on a lap top.

i use my disk drive daily. You have to have the disks to some if not most games in order to play them. I burn CDs regularly. So while that may be true for some but I would venture to say not most.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #12
DallasFlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyart View Post
I really have nothing on topic to say. I just hope you support the 'North Texas Nebraskans'
Of course! I watch most all of the games at Cape Buffalo and do support the club well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I've read on several sites that the lines are normal at that store, it gets busy and they do crowd control. In other words people have to wait their turn to get into the store. Nothing special going on, and this was coming from people working in neighboring buildings.

everyone loves taking shots without researching.
DVICE: Mystery lineup at Apple Store revealed
Speaking of "taking shots without researching", interesting that you claim that "the lines are normal at that store, it gets busy and they do crowd control" and then post a link to a story which disagrees with what you just claimed, and says the lines were because the store had just gotten a shipment of the current iPhone and customers were lining up to get them. Yep, researching IS a good idea - along with first reading the articles you post links to.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:

i think this dude perfectly proves my point. i wonder how much he was paid to write that article and link it to Apple's Mac Book Air site...

i would love to read all of the "professional" reviews of the apple ipod shuffle...and see if the writer says "geeeeeeee when i think about it, why need a screen when you can shuffle?? what a neeeeeeeat idea! 2 thumbs up for apple"

i just think the apple "hip" groupies need to take a step back and realize that their products are comparable, if not overpriced than most and all you are doing with most of their products...is just buying the name. coupled with that, apple exercises some of the most restrictive business practices without people even knowing (comparable to microsoft trying to weed out the competition with its office products). if you want to truly "free" up the computer world...go with a linux OS and build your own computer. you'll end up saving hundreds and hundreds of dollars...

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-03-2008 at 11:57 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
i use my disk drive daily. You have to have the disks to some if not most games in order to play them. I burn CDs regularly. So while that may be true for some but I would venture to say not most.
i use my disk drive daily too. i don't know what that guy in the article was talking about. working at my job over the summer (internship last summer but starting the real job in july), i used it all of the time...watching crash test videos, reading FDA and NHSTA guidelines, watching DVD's, and yes...reformatting my computer. do i really want my "so called 160GB hardrive" have a permanent partition with all of my OS and drivers? NO. i paid money for a 160GB drive, i'd rather have as much use of it as possible. i don't want several gigs partitioned...ON TOP of the space used up when the OS and drivers are actually installed. getting rid of the optical drive to me was premature, and just another way for Apple to cut costs and use their cost cutting and lack of features in a product and turn it around through some clever dandy marketing and sell it to the salivating apple-hip crazy followers......

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-04-2008 at 12:05 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
i use my disk drive daily too. i don't know what that guy in the article was talking about. working at my job over the summer (internship last summer but starting the real job in july), i used it all of the time...watching crash test videos, reading FDA and NHSTA guidelines, watching DVD's, and yes...reformatting my computer. do i really want my "so called 160GB hardrive" have a permanent partition with all of my OS and drivers? NO. i paid money for a 160GB drive, i'd rather have as much use of it as possible. i don't want several gigs partitioned...ON TOP of the space used up when the OS and drivers are actually installed. getting rid of the optical drive to me was premature, and just another way for Apple to cut costs and use their cost cutting and lack of features in a product and turn it around through some clever dandy marketing and sell it to the salivating apple-hip crazy followers......
Then I guess a drive less laptop isn't for you. These laptops are made for someone who wants the absolutely lightest laptop they can find. Just because it doesn't suit your needs there is no need to bash it. And if you don't like Apple or their products then just don't buy them. There are plenty of people who do.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #16
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Apple was the first to lose the floppy drive, that at the time was not a popular move but they did it anyway. If you need a drive then buy the drive that the air uses, not that difficult. Any if you dont you always have the option to share a drive with another computer. Anyone who purchases the Air knows what they are getting and what they are not getting, if they don't then its their own fault.
Like all arguments regarding apple it comes down to choice, yes they are more expensive and yes they market their products much differently than others but it still comes down to people choices. You can bash the products and the people that buy them but that doesn't change the fact that people will continue to buy them because they like apple products.

And Dallas your posts about me are getting old and annoying, I'll use Dawg tactics and just block you. Goodbye.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #17
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Then I guess a drive less laptop isn't for you. These laptops are made for someone who wants the absolutely lightest laptop they can find. Just because it doesn't suit your needs there is no need to bash it. And if you don't like Apple or their products then just don't buy them. There are plenty of people who do.
arrrrgonnnnnNJ! nice to see you back. i see you have finally abandoned sprint eh? why did you choose to do that?

anyways...the point of my threads wasn't to bash but rather POINT OUT the people who are blindly loyal to a particular brand, but also seem to have an obsession with it. granted, you can say the same about many blackberry users in this forum, however, the "aware" ones bought blackberry devices because they needed certain things in a device and the blackberry did them the best. i have no loyalty to any brand (except maybe Honda, b/c they make amazing cars that balance safety, cost, and they maintain 50% of their value when you go to trade it in with reasonable mileage). as far as cell phones and service, i don't have loyalty. if there was a windows smartphone that started to do email and other things better than the blackberry, then i would go with it. granted, my first preference would be not to have windows mobile on my cell phone, but if it suited my needs the best then i will go with it. the point i was trying to make was that many people who buy apple products don't choose apple b/c it suits their needs the best, rather many people end up changing their needs to adapt to an apple product. in my opinion, that is pathetic and a perfect example of blind consumerism. of course you naturally took the stance of "if you have a problem with apple products, then don't buy them." did i ever say that i had a problem with them, or that i didn't buy them? i'm pretty sure in one of my posts above i said that i have an ipod and that i like it, but i am quick to note that i could have bought another brand of mp3 player with more storage, an FM tuner, and other features for a lower price. of course, to that you will say "then you should have gone with the other one"...well...all of my music has been in itunes ever since MusicMatch Jukebox was bought out by Yahoo then shoved down the tubes, so I guess you could say i was pretty much destined to get an ipod so that i wouldn't have to screw around with tags any more since everything was perfectly organized.

my point with the laptop without a drive, is that people change what they desire to suit an apple product, with the assistance of apple's marketing department, and i guess you could say the same about many other companies, but apple does it the best and they have the best following. someone mentioned about how apple was the first to make a computer without a floppy drive and now look where floppy drives are....well that's great i guess...but by cutting features that have been relied upon for the previous several years, really prevents them from achieving the market share they desire, especially in the business world. i doubt you will see any Executives buying a Mac Book Air to actually use as their traveling computer...other than buying it as a toy. or, you could be like the CEO of HP and use the macbook air to cut cake for a party.....now THAT cracked me up

Last edited by JGBerry; 06-04-2008 at 09:27 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #18
DallasFlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
And Dallas your posts about me are getting old and annoying, I'll use Dawg tactics and just block you. Goodbye.
Sorry, I guess it probably DOES get annoying when you're busy taking potshots and in the midst of it make a gaffe like that, and then have it pointed out. Sorry...
Old 06-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #19
Tom
Admin & Founder

PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
arrrrgonnnnnNJ! nice to see you back. i see you have finally abandoned sprint eh? why did you choose to do that?

anyways...the point of my threads wasn't to bash but rather POINT OUT the people who are blindly loyal to a particular brand, but also seem to have an obsession with it. granted, you can say the same about many blackberry users in this forum, however, the "aware" ones bought blackberry devices because they needed certain things in a device and the blackberry did them the best. i have no loyalty to any brand (except maybe Honda, b/c they make amazing cars that balance safety, cost, and they maintain 50% of their value when you go to trade it in with reasonable mileage). as far as cell phones and service, i don't have loyalty. if there was a windows smartphone that started to do email and other things better than the blackberry, then i would go with it. granted, my first preference would be not to have windows mobile on my cell phone, but if it suited my needs the best then i will go with it. the point i was trying to make was that many people who buy apple products don't choose apple b/c it suits their needs the best, rather many people end up changing their needs to adapt to an apple product. in my opinion, that is pathetic and a perfect example of blind consumerism. of course you naturally took the stance of "if you have a problem with apple products, then don't buy them." did i ever say that i had a problem with them, or that i didn't buy them? i'm pretty sure in one of my posts above i said that i have an ipod and that i like it, but i am quick to note that i could have bought another brand of mp3 player with more storage, an FM tuner, and other features for a lower price. of course, to that you will say "then you should have gone with the other one"...well...all of my music has been in itunes ever since MusicMatch Jukebox was bought out by Yahoo then shoved down the tubes, so I guess you could say i was pretty much destined to get an ipod so that i wouldn't have to screw around with tags any more since everything was perfectly organized.

my point with the laptop without a drive, is that people change what they desire to suit an apple product, with the assistance of apple's marketing department, and i guess you could say the same about many other companies, but apple does it the best and they have the best following. someone mentioned about how apple was the first to make a computer without a floppy drive and now look where floppy drives are....well that's great i guess...but by cutting features that have been relied upon for the previous several years, really prevents them from achieving the market share they desire, especially in the business world. i doubt you will see any Executives buying a Mac Book Air to actually use as their traveling computer...other than buying it as a toy. or, you could be like the CEO of HP and use the macbook air to cut cake for a party.....now THAT cracked me up

Sigh, let me first start off by saying, please.. oh please start using proper/full sentences. That was INCREDIBLY difficult to read.

Second off, I suppose you can call me a mac follower by your standards, I only use mac, and nothing else. I am currently typing this on a MacBook Air, funny thing is, I am the CEO of the company that owns BBF and its sister sites, so there goes one of your theories.

You mention that people change what they desire to suit an apple product. Absolutely not. What you don't seem to realize is that everything that Apple releases is on the cutting edge from the tech. aspect. To purchase an apple product when its first released doesn't put you in the apple fan category, it puts you in the tech fan category.

As stated previously apple is the first to get rid of the floppy, as well as the first to get rid of the dvd drive. Good riddance. With flash media being as inexpensive as it is presently, I highly doubt that cd media will stick around for long, seeing how its not very durable.

Now, as for your blind consumerism comment.. This is my favorite part:
Quote:
so I guess you could say i was pretty much destined to get an ipod so that i wouldn't have to screw around with tags any more since everything was perfectly organized.
By posting that with everything else you just posted, you quite simply showed that you are indeed the blind consumer. You do not even know the products your are bashing, have you ever used OSX? or better yet OSX with a machine that was built for it? The extra money spent on a product that is perfect for its purpose, is well worth it considering the time that could of been spent "screwing around" to make a less perfect product work.

I have been using mac's for the past 8 years or so. A Powerbook G4 being the first, I have owned ipods, imacs, mac pros, etc. I presently own a 24" Imac, a 15" Macbook Pro, a Macbook AIR, an iphone and a pair of apple TV's.. couldn't be happier with the products, and there is something different about typing on a machine that feels sturdier then a machine 5x its thickness.

Remember, Apple can only release products with components that are presently available, meaning no matter what your limited, however, the leading components are jammed into a very aesthetically pleaseing package when released, and please do not forget it's Apple other companies are getting ideas from and copying, not the other way around, you don't see apple trying to blatently rip off other products just to bring competition to a certain sector.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Macbook Air??? How you like???

I have 2 MacBook's now, an Airport Extreme router and an Apple Tv... I am NOT an apple fanatic but they do make a nice product... I agree with Guess, some of us are techno geeks and want the latest, greatest.... I know I am, and those who relly know me say I have a serious electronics addiction....

@Guess
Care to let me *borrow* that MacBook Air for a few (years)???

Kris
Closed Thread