Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
AJamesR

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default 8GB microSD not working

Please Login to Remove!

I searched hard and didn't find the answer, so I'll ask it. So I had the storm and just today got me a Tour (not a touch screen fan). Well my storm has a 8GB memory card with all my data on it that I would like to use in my tour, from what I've read the Tour will take at least a 16GB card, I know the 8GB card works fine as it works in my storm, and I know the tour reads cards fine as it reads the 2GB it came with just fine, but some reason when I install the 8GB it doesn't seem to know there is a card in there.

Any suggestions? Would reformatting the 8GB help? I don't want to if I don't have to as it takes forever to back up and then restore everything on the card, and the storm reads the 2GB just fine so they must not have a different file system. Is there a setting somewhere on the Tour to accept bigger memory cards?
Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
AJamesR

never mind.... I guess..... I think I figured it out, the memory card port on the Tour seems to be "loose" and the card has to go in just right to read it, the 2GB seems to make a better connection or something because it reads 4 out of 5 time, but the 8GB I had to insert and remove 15 or so times before it would work.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I wonder, once the card is inserted so that it will be readable, will it stay in place? I suppose if you go a few days with no problems it's ok. But if you have intermittant problems, I wouldn't mess around if it were me, and I'd return it for an exchange.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
AJamesR

The problem is I bought it used :( so no return for me unless I pay the insurance deductible. But the little plastic clip seems to hold the card in place good. It hasn't moved yet.
Closed Thread