BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berbatov9 View Post
can I install this on a 8300 ? please
No. This can only be used for the 8320 model.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #62
niteqwill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I switched over from the the other .81 release and my email stopped showing in HTML. Any ideas? I checked all the options and my other emails PREVIOUS to installation show HTML just fine.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #63
black betty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: PRICK
Carrier: TMO/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
Had the same issue. After disabling my Norton Firewall software I then could get to the download button page.

Cyggy
Thanks for the reply, issue resolved
Old 10-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #64
extraducksauce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: sucka free
Carrier: T-mobile

my bb browser is stalling big time. certain site make my bb's hour glass spin continuously. i end up having to soft-reset. kind of lame.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #65
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotburnttoast View Post
Wirelessly posted

This is the same version that has released by Vodaphone and it also the same as the leaked beta, it just has the my faves files written into the software code. Why are the preloaded pictures still not included with these so called offical RIM software release's. Does RIM not read these boards, battery life SUCKS on .81 and .93, my phone will not make it a day on a full charge!!! Also the UMA to EDGE handoff sucks as well, it always drops my calls, if Iam on my Jawbone, and I leave the UMA area it drops the call and locks up my device. I have to pull the battery and reboot. The memory leak in .81 is horrible, and the only 3rd party app I have installed is the current version of Google Maps, on .93 its a little better. Come on RIM, let's get it together with the OS software. The .81 I feel is a subpar build, .93 is better but the device is slugish.
I waited for this official T-Mo release and upgraded the other day from the last official 4.2 T-Mo OS. I really love it but I don't like how the calendar randomly chose which email address to assign to each of my existing appointments! Yes, I can choose which email address/calendar to use when adding new appointments but you can't edit the old appts. So, I can't "show" or choose which calendar to view, which is fine since I only keep one calendar but what about those who have kids with different schedules and NEED to have the appts highlighted in diff colors as well as have the appts separated?

And, I am GLAD that the sample pictures and videos as well as wallpapers weren't included since I had gotten rid of mine when I optimized my memory. But my memory was almost 22mb with a bunch of apps installed and now my memory tops off at 16mb after a battery pull ( with the same apps as before). The memory leak is awful and with the same usage, I am at around 8mb within a few hours. I had given up on UMA before because of dropped calls and I was hoping to see an improvement but the handoff is horrible and drops calls.

My email doesn't show html, at least I don't think so. I don't notice much difference from my 4.2 emails (except the new alpha font is much clearer!) and images don't show.

As far as battery life, mine is just as good as before with regular non- Jawbone use BUT one thing I noticed is that if you keep your Jawbone on to make it quicker/easier to answer calls, it will suck your battery dry in no time at all and without warning (I'm talking mere minutes!). So I only use my BT when in my car and even then it is OFF until my phone rings.

That's all I can think of for now but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the T-Mo 4.5 and it will be a nice distraction for me until the Javelin comes out!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:31 AM   #66
titan703
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A

I am having some SERIOUS issues here. I used JL_CMDR to wipe 4.5.0.81 VODA installation and install T-Mobile in place of it, doing a complete backup beforehand. Installation went fine but now whenever I restore my backup it seems like the phone is going in to BES mode. I don't have the Set up internet email icon, am not receiving any internet emails, and when I send one from the restored mailbox for my internet email account, it says it sent but it never goes through, nor do I receive it on my BB. When I go in to Setup Wizard my only options are Enterprise Activation. Do I just need T-Mobile to do a Service Book push? Last time I did a resetoffactory through JL_CMDR the Internet E-Mail setup icon was there until I did a restoration, but on this last reset it is not back.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 AM   #67
newberry52
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (Curve)

I did a JL wipe and installed the Tmo update last week and it went well. I have to specifically get images for html email, but the emails open faster and most of them I end up deleting anyway. I am happy to just not have to scroll forever to find the actual message itself.

For the first time I can use my BT headset on wifi with absolutely no problems. Even with the previous .81 I downloaded, I couldn't do it; perhaps it was the wipe that made it work this time. Battery usage is fine and memory use/issues seem more stable. All in all, no real complaints.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #68
mikeadict

Carrier: Tmobile
Default Hourglass Hell (remedial question... sorry)

OK, this is me! Tmobile USA 8320 Curve user. I use a hosted exchange server. I don't do any fancy code tricks.

I just upgraded to 4.5.0.81, and it works properly about 70% of the time, the other 30% is spent in hourglass agony. I realize this is a memory issue. Status says I have about 1.2 megs free. I don't have any new applications, I deleted all my pictures, texts, etc. The total of my database sizes equals 4.7 megs. Where did all the memory go? What could be utilizing memory on the new OS that was different on 4.2?

Thanks guys!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #69
urvec
Thumbs Must Hurt

do you get docs to go
Old 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #70
coastieboy00
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24AE9FC0
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Doc to Go was installed on mine but I removed it for space and lack of use.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #71
urvec
Thumbs Must Hurt

i downloaded it and its been working perfectly, except my vids are not fullscreen
Closed Thread