Old 12-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
CIXELSID MBB
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Top part of touch screen not Functioning after Zagg Application

Please Login to Remove!

Well, this phone has been a nightmare!!! I got the phone back tonight it looks to be working fine used it was great!!! Then I decided to add the Zagg screen protector. What a piece of JUNK for $21. I put it on as described, then the touch screen became all messed up nothing worked with the touch, the manual said nothing about let phone sit for XX hours before further use. In turn i try using the phone after applying well nonthing via touch works and if it does its inaccurate as hell!! So i then proceed to remove this ZAGG, and now touch works great but the touch at the very top of the screen is not working, (A, Q and the SYM) Buttons are not presable when phone is put into landscape. They worked before I applied this Zagg product. The Zagg did have excess fluid which i whipped off, but it is claimed it will not hurt the phone. Well now the top of the touch screen doesnt function what gives!!!!!!!!!!! Man I feel all i ask for is help but once again some advice on resting the touch screen and calibrating
Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

I have not heard of any way to reset or calibrate the touch screen yet on the Storm, unfortunately.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
vooboo13

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

The manual on my Zagg screen protector specifically stressed not to turn on the phone for at least 12-24 hours. I'm not sure what you're reading.

BTW I have the Zagg screen protector on mine and everything works perfectly.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #4
CIXELSID MBB

"We Suggest" it doesnt say you need to leave the phone to sit overnight, I am looking at the box right now!! Thats like saying we suggest to change your oil at ever 5000 miles
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
vooboo13

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

It's pretty common sense to let it liquids dry off of an electronic device before you turn it back on.

Nevertheless, you obviously see the consequences.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hmm. You sure this had nothing to do with your previous incedent?

So I Dropped my Storm in a Glass of Water
Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Ah. I am more prone to believe it is water damage from the dunking in the water glass than from the Zagg shield.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #8
CIXELSID MBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooboo13 View Post
It's pretty common sense to let it liquids dry off of an electronic device before you turn it back on.

Nevertheless, you obviously see the consequences.
You have to be kidding with that comment, LOL classic. A the vendor should not sell a product that can ruin or possibly mlfunction a product. Thats lawsuit liable because at no point do they say LET DRY and DO NOT TURN ON. It actually say let phone sit for 12 to 24 hours, it doesnt says do not leave phone on or product my harm phone when on WARNING!!! As for the previous incident no i checked the phone before taking it from them nd everything was fine i sent texts. It might be damp around the edge and that why, if i drag my finger over it works on the touch screen but if i lift and touch it doesnt work its clearly a calibration issue, or that Stupid Zagg made it dump and now it needs to dry out maybe. Regradless ZAGG is JUNK!!!! Again i whipped down absorbed fluid with a towel and did it with the battery out!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
CIXELSID MBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Ah. I am more prone to believe it is water damage from the dunking in the water glass than from the Zagg shield.
What are you talking about, the SCREEN is LCD its Fully sealed!!! its not recognizing my touch!!! on that spot of the screen!! It works when i roll it over! Quote from what I would call a very Intelligent Member, "The screen is an LCD and that is fundamentally waterproof. The polarizers are usually bonded to the LCD, so that should preclude water getting between them and the display itself. "

Last edited by CIXELSID MBB; 12-31-2008 at 09:37 PM..
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #10
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Just because the screen is sealed does not mean that some other hardware in the phone did not suffer water damage, despite having been cleaned out.

I would say take the Zagg screen off for now (if you haven't already) and see how the phone responds without it.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
CIXELSID MBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
Just because the screen is sealed does not mean that some other hardware in the phone did not suffer water damage, despite having been cleaned out.

I would say take the Zagg screen off for now (if you haven't already) and see how the phone responds without it.
Its off and as time is going by its getting better!!! Well I appologize to everyone if I come off as abrasive but its been a long week with this PHONE!!! Argghhhh Just aggrivated thats All I am going to put it away and log off the FORUM, but before I Do I want to say a toast, "To all my friends never above you, never below always beside you, I Wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! May the Storm live up to what it should be in 2009, CHEERS!!"
Old 01-01-2009, 04:39 AM   #12
viet2100
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I installed my shield on my replacement Storm last night, waited just an hour and it was OK. Just let the liquids dry and you're fine. Take your time and don't do it while the phone is on.