Old 02-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
xIcarus

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email Reconciliation on Storm not working

Please Login to Remove!

Good day,

I have a Blackberry Storm connecting to an Exchange mailbox (Outlook Web Access) via BIS. The Email Reconciliation options in the device mailbox options are set to Delete On: Prompt, Wireless Reconcile: On, and On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins. The Confirm Delete option in General Options is Yes. When I go to delete a message on my device, it DOES prompt, but the only options are Delete and Cancel. I do not get the option "On Mailbox & Handheld". Several other users on our system with BB Tour and BB Bold are configured the same way and DO see this option. Am I possibly missing something? Is this feature just broken on the Storm? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Email Reconciliation on Storm not working

There are many reasons it has issues. A lot depends on access to your servers via your internet BIS account. I have included some info that may help. The link will offer more detail. The Storm should not have any issues compaired to other BB's

Depending on your messaging service plan, this feature might not be supported.
If you add an email address to your BlackBerry® device, email messages that you open or delete on your device might be marked automatically
as opened or deleted in your email account. Email messages that you delete from your email account inbox (for example, by accessing your
email account through a browser on a computer) are deleted from your device. If you turn off wireless email reconciliation on your device,
deleted and opened email messages do not synchronize between your device and your email account.
If you have a Microsoft® Outlook® Web Access work email account, an IMAP email account, or a Windows Live™ Hotmail® email account, email
messages that you send from your device are copied to the sent items folder in your email account. Likewise, email messages that you delete
are copied to the deleted items folder (except for Windows Live Hotmail).
Note: Depending on the type of email account you add or the way your email account is set up, wireless email reconciliation might not be
available.
If you have a work email account that uses Microsoft Outlook Web Access 5.5, email messages that you send from your device are not copied
to the sent items folder in your email account.
Depending on your wireless service provider, wireless email reconciliation for the sent items folder on your device might not be available.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/micro...0%201108688857
Closed Thread