Downloaded new 4.5 OS from Verizon. bbTracker starts up and shows messages:
initializing bbTracker 0.5.3.1
Checking GPS abilities
JSR-179 available
Bluetooth available
Checking Storage abilities
RMS available
File available

at this point, I get a security message from BBOS saying that bbTracker is trying to open a connection inside the firewall and outside the firewall and this violates a communication policy. The application hangs and all I can do is close it from the menu.

Connection is Bluetooth
GPS is HOLUX GPSlim 236
Units are Imperial
Files are on a directory on the SDCard

??
Thanks, Jim
Old 06-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #463
ng6

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Need your help in some basic understanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
Hy,
I didn't find any rules regarding announcing software releases in this forum, but since this is not for money and the general mood seems to be really nice here, I thought I'd give it a try.
Saua, I don't know much about GPS, but I am having some basic questions. If you can help on that.
1. Can we use 8310 + Tom Tom navigator 6 software together. As I understand 8310 is having GPS.
2. As per some of details Tom Tom navigator software can be installed on some of PDAs and with the help of GPS bluetooth device both can work to give turn-by-turn details.

Kindly suggest if it is possible to have 8310 + Tom Tom navigator 6 software for turn-by-turn details.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #464
maddslacker

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I've just installed this on a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8830 and the application loads and runs ok.

I am unable to acquire any satellites from the internal GPS, even though the Verizon maps program acquires between 8-10 satellites within 10-60 seconds.

I have tried bbtracker with the Verizon maps connected to satellites and disconnected.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #465
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Verizon's gps is locked to 3rd party apps.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #466
flopberryuser

Model: 8120
Carrier: Vodafone

First things first, this software is great. I have been using it to track journeys on bikes and even used it on trackdays to trace my lap times!

A couple of queires:
Is it possible to find the maximum speed without going through the whole track?
Also is it possible, once exported to google earth, to get the speed displayed in mph rather than kph?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #467
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flopberryuser View Post
Is it possible to find the maximum speed without going through the whole track?
Also is it possible, once exported to google earth, to get the speed displayed in mph rather than kph?
I'm not sure if there's a simpler way, but you might want to have a look at GPSBabel. They have (free) software for doing all sorts of conversions to GPS files.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #468
mastrand9

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default bbtracker on 8130 Sprint works OK

Have used bbtracker for 1 year+ on my 8130 Pearl (Sprint service, integrated GPS) with good performance. I really like the simple & effective program interface and capability.

Problems/requests:

The elevation never works correctly. Sometime it appears that there's a simple sign switch, as the recorded data show negative elevation. And on other occasion there's a definite discrepancy between the measured data (taking absolute value of "below sea level"!) and true elevation.

Why does bbtracker need to access network when initializing the internal GPS? If I start the program while in a non-data-access area, the program will not show any GPS data or begin tracking. If I start the app while data access is working, then I can let the app "sleep" for a while and have no problem measuring via the phone's GPS and saving tracks.

My requests are for correct elevation measurement and -more importantly- to be free from any required network data access when starting the app for GPS data tracking.

Thanks for a great little utility!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:52 AM   #469
MiataMike
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon
Default bbtracker not finding GPS on Tour 9630 os 5.0.231

Have good GPS functon with GPSed, Googlemaps, and Trapster. Can load bbtracker and have tried changing application options to "allow", battery pulls, and going to bbtracker's menu to set turn on options to either initialize GPS or start new track, or do nothing. Regardless of this get a "failure to initialize " error message and then the screens show "no data available" message.

Has anyone gotten bbtracker to function on a 9630 Tour running os 5.0.231?

Not happy with GPSed because of low update rate, can't download data points, and have to go online to display track.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #470
hvacr

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

Seems it does not like os 5.I have the 9700 and I keep getting prompts saying the program is not digitaly signed do I want to continue. Makes the program unusable.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #471
mochwahib

Model: 9000
Carrier: ASIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
You can! Export your tracks from the tracks-screen (be sure to set the directory to export to first in the options screen). Take the KML and import it into Google Earth. Works just fine.

The easiest solution to me is to export to a MicroSD card and put that into the card reader slot on my laptop, but it should also work if you export to the devices memory (then you'll need the Device Manager on Windows to get the file to your PC, which I can't help you with).

thank`s mr
Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #472
ocdgeek

Carrier: ATT&T
Default Feature request

I use this app on my Bold 9000 and so far it works great. The only issue I have is that it seems to only record altitude and longitude. If it recorded the time and date also it would be perfect! Export to a CSV format for import to excel would help also. I’m trying to find an app for my Blackberry that records my position regularly with a date time stamp.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #473
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdgeek View Post
I use this app on my Bold 9000 and so far it works great. The only issue I have is that it seems to only record altitude and longitude. If it recorded the time and date also it would be perfect! Export to a CSV format for import to excel would help also. I’m trying to find an app for my Blackberry that records my position regularly with a date time stamp.
I think it at least records the time since the track started, and the start time, but I can't remember.

Try gpsbabel (http://www.gpsbabel.org) for conversions, I think it will do CSV.

Note that the altitude is generally fairly erratic.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #474
George1
Thumbs Must Hurt

I like this app a lot. One problem I seem to have is that if I set the sample interval to more than 16 seconds, it stops tracking. Setting it to 16 or less makes it work again.

OS 5 on a BB 9000.

Anybody else have this problem - or even better, a solution?
Closed Thread