Here we go again, getting excited about a phone that probably wonít come out until next year. Yes, Iím talking about the Storm 3. A couple of my sources have been talking to me lately about the new Storm 3, and I gotta tell you guys it sounds FREAKING AWESOME!! Everyone knows Iím a huge fan of the Storm 2, but from what Iíve heard so far about the third version of the StormÖ I think Iím in love already.
Blackberry Storm 3 xxx8211; Early Specs ę Salomondrin
Here are some Storm 3 specs and info that Iíve heard so far repeatedly from my sources:
1. Its being tested by a very limited team (preventing leaks).
2. The phoneís shell is still the Storm 2xxx8242;s shell with different guts though (To make it hard to identify if the phone is lost or photographed).
3. It does have a 1ghz processor.
4. 8 GB internal memory.
5. 512MB flash memory was what they saw first, but apparently they are now playing with these test phones and have over 1GB of flash memory.
6. It wonít run on OS 6.0. Its gonna be running on an OS of its own. <Ė Really exciting
7. The phone does have the ability to run widgets and you can personalize it A LOT.
8. 5 MP camera still on it as off now, but like we saw on the 9670, this can change.
9. The screen will be something new we havenít seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it wonít work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but Iím not sure how they are archiving it this time.
10. Its gonna be Verizonís 1st or 2nd LTE phone. They arenít sure if the Android phone will be first or the Storm at this point.
The reason why RIM doesnít want this phone to leak, or are being more careful about it, is because it would confirm that Verizon will be launching their LTE network (which by the way is already set, but just running tests on as off these days) and its somehow a liability for them.
Again, and as you know, some things could/will change but those are the specs as off today.