pikespeakhiker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
I had this issue last week too. Tried the suggestions in the thread, no luck. I wiped the handheld of user data, that did the trick. Seems like using a hand granade to hunt bunny rabbits, but I couldn't find a more graceful solution.
Hmmm, that does seem like overkill. Do you restore your user data on next sync? And would this require reactivation with a BES?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #42
pikespeakhiker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: VZW

I actually just noticed that some of my phone log calls are not listed in order, and that it doesn't always refresh when I have a new call and go to the screen. In one example, after only one call was received, my log looked like:

xxx 1:35
xxx 12:45
xxx 11:30
xxx 11:15
yyy 4:30

where yyy came in after all the others
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #43
naraiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Voice Mail

Is it possible it is a voicemail message that has not been listened to? I had a stubborn symbol in the upper right only to learn it was a voicemail I failed to listen to. Symbol went away when I listened to the message.

Have a great day.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:45 AM   #44
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraiz View Post
Is it possible it is a voicemail message that has not been listened to? I had a stubborn symbol in the upper right only to learn it was a voicemail I failed to listen to. Symbol went away when I listened to the message.

Have a great day.
I wish it was that easy... but no :(
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #45
acostandi

Carrier: Sprint

I'm having this problem now, I was in the middle of a reboot and by brother apparently called, now I have that one missed call notification that won't go away... I'm prepared to go the backup/wipe/restore route through desktop manager but the one question that I can't seem to find an answer for is: will this mess anything up with BES? Will the unit have to be reprovisioned/reactivated by my corporate blackberry team?

Thanks,
acostandi
Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #46
acostandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by acostandi View Post
I'm having this problem now, I was in the middle of a reboot and by brother apparently called, now I have that one missed call notification that won't go away... I'm prepared to go the backup/wipe/restore route through desktop manager but the one question that I can't seem to find an answer for is: will this mess anything up with BES? Will the unit have to be reprovisioned/reactivated by my corporate blackberry team?

Thanks,
acostandi

No one knows if backup/restore will affect BES??
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #47
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, if you wipe the device you will have to reactivate on your BES.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #48
acostandi

Thank you John Clark, I guess I can live with a permanent missed call alert.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 AM   #49
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

If Desktop Manager pulls your email profile and you have an online connection to your mail server, the activation will start automatically. This is how I do upgrades and wipes.

I use vpn to log into my corporate mail server.

Then I open Desktop Manager.

It asks me to select an Outlook Profile.

I choose my corporate mail Outlook Profile

When Desktop Manager opens it will show "Connected" meaning the BB is connected to the Desktop Manager and "Online" meaning there is an online connection to my email account.

If the device is wiped, then plugging in using this method will start the Enterprise Activation automatically. If it doesn't go to Email Settings in Desktop Manager and regenerate the encryption keys.

If you can't do that then simply call your IT dept and get a password for activation. They do it all the time and it only takes them a minute to set it up.

*Note: If I want to plug in a different BB or not connect to my email settings, simply hit cancel when the DM asks for an email profile. Then you'll see "offline" instead of "online." If it's not prompting for an email profile then, in Desktop Manager, go to Options >Profile Settings and set it to "Prompt" for profile.

Last edited by John Clark; 10-15-2007 at 12:24 AM..
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 AM   #50
acostandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
If Desktop Manager pulls your email profile and you have an online connection to your mail server, the activation will start automatically. This is how I do upgrades and wipes.

I use vpn to log into my corporate mail server.

Then I open Desktop Manager.

It asks me to select an Outlook Profile.

I choose my corporate mail Outlook Profile

When Desktop Manager opens it will show "Connected" meaning the BB is connected to the Desktop Manager and "Online" meaning there is an online connection to my email account.

If the device is wiped, then plugging in using this method will start the Enterprise Activation automatically. If it doesn't go to Email Settings in Desktop Manager and regenerate the encryption keys.

If you can't do that then simply call your IT dept and get a password for activation. They do it all the time and it only takes them a minute to set it up.

*Note: If I want to plug in a different BB or not connect to my email settings, simply hit cancel when the DM asks for an email profile. Then you'll see "offline" instead of "online." If it's not prompting for an email profile then, in Desktop Manager, go to Options >Profile Settings and set it to "Prompt" for profile.
wow, thanks for the details, I'll try it sometime this week.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #51
Tigerhawk

Default I give up

I have finally had it. I can't stand the missed call indicator not clearing. Being a Moto Q convert though, I am having trouble finding instructions on how to reinstall the OS. I did a search, but could not find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #52
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Yep, asked and answered here daily.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-mobility.html

The Sticky Note at the top of this 8800 section.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #53
DennisLocke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Default Missing caller's name

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkowal View Post
I just started having the same exact problem; missed call indicator stuck on 2x missed. Can't clear. Tried changing the theme as well to no avail.

Funny thing is; this problem occurred in tandem with another problem. The 8830 device (my verizon BB) stopped showing the CALLER ID !!!!!!!

I'm getting incoming calls that register who the person is in my call log; however, when the call actually is coming in I don't see the callers name.

Stuck on 2x missed call indicator AND no caller id.

So, how do I delete it all, or clear the OS, and re-install????

Email- [email address]

Thanks for any help.
Greetings. A while back I discovered that if under Options\Security\General Settings I set Content protection to "Enabled", I don't see the names associated with incoming calls if the phone is "locked". The latest OS expands that option to allow you to exclude the address book from Content Protection. If this feature is disabled or if you choose not to include the address book, the callers name will be displayed if it is in your address book.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #54
dolapd36

Model: 8133
Default Something that worked for me

After hours at the store they finally said they would have to wipe it, since they havent seen this before............BUT, I saw a post on this thread that actually worked for me (slight variation). I installed the Blackberry Manager CD that came with the phone. Then went to the backup and restore option with my phone attached. On the right side, I went down to Phone logs, and selected clear, and FINALLY cleared the missed call icon from my phone. Seemed to be the only thing that worked for me without wiping the whole phone.

Last edited by dolapd36; 05-18-2008 at 10:54 AM..
Old 05-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #55
janericster

Model: 8820
Default Another thought

I had the same problematic icon and the ONLY way I was able to get rid of it was to do the full wipe/restore (2 hour process since I had to reconfigure everything for my company's BES).

The icon problem stayed away for about 3 weeks.

Today it reappeared again. Can't remove it with the usual tips (remove battery, clear call log from desktop manager, change themes, etc.)

But now I'm wondering if this problem is related to one of the 3rd party utilities I have installed. Curious if the people on this forum have either of these installed:

BBSmart Email Viewer 2.3
Empower BES MailBox 2.0.4

I love the features of these two utilities and couldn't live without them, but wonder if either is causing the corruption issue.

Eric
Old 08-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #56
AIgnacio

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default Clearing phone logs with Desktop Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolapd36 View Post
After hours at the store they finally said they would have to wipe it, since they havent seen this before............BUT, I saw a post on this thread that actually worked for me (slight variation). I installed the Blackberry Manager CD that came with the phone. Then went to the backup and restore option with my phone attached. On the right side, I went down to Phone logs, and selected clear, and FINALLY cleared the missed call icon from my phone. Seemed to be the only thing that worked for me without wiping the whole phone.
This sounds promising, but I don't see a Phone logs on Backup and Restore screen. I'm running Desktop Manager 4.2.1.6.

Any suggestions?
Closed Thread