BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
Stevieboyqt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon WIreless
Default 2003 outlook and desktop synch problems

Please Login to Remove!

I just got my new 8703e, i previously had the 7130e im with verizon... and an employee of verizon as well so im annoyed i cant figure this out, and neither can our data team at the moment. Using the new desktop browser i tried intellisyncing as well as restoring my address book and nothing works i get an error message that the device could not read the data, iv gone through reconfiguring the sync settings, hard resets, reinstalling desktop software etc etc... to no end, iv always even tried using the cellbrite machine in my store and of course we dont have the firmware for the 8703e, HELP!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:45 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieboyqt
I just got my new 8703e, i previously had the 7130e im with verizon... and an employee of verizon as well so im annoyed i cant figure this out, and neither can our data team at the moment. Using the new desktop browser i tried intellisyncing as well as restoring my address book and nothing works i get an error message that the device could not read the data, iv gone through reconfiguring the sync settings, hard resets, reinstalling desktop software etc etc... to no end, iv always even tried using the cellbrite machine in my store and of course we dont have the firmware for the 8703e, HELP!
If you installed the new Desktop Manager over an older installation, try uninstalling, and then delete the following directories before reinstalling:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Research In Motion
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
  • C:\Program Files\Research In Motion
where userid is your login ID (in fact it couldn't hurt to check all the profile directories under Documents and Settings and make sure there aren't any other RIM directories).

One thing - if you've installed any third party apps or device firmware, it may be under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files - and you should move those folders before deleting the Research In Motion directory.

Once you've uninstalled and removed these directories, check Outlook's Calendar and Contacts using a List View that has no filters and shows icons in the left column (usually Events for Calendar and Phone List for Contacts). Look for any conflicts which can cause sync problems before reinstalling.

Finally, use Desktop Manager 4.1 - version 4.2's enhancements only work with the Pearl for now.

Closed Thread