BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Well after upgrading the OS to 4.1.0.377 (VZW) I had to wipe and reactivate the BES from themessagecenter.com. Now folder redirection is not working for previous messages filed in the 2 folders on MS exchange.

I tried creating new folders (which the 8703 sees), set folder redirection for them, moved the messages from the old to the new folders. Waited for hours and never see the previous filed messages.

I also moved them to the inbox, marked them as unread in Outlook, but never saw them on the BB. What is working is new messages received since the activation can be filed via Outlook and after 15 minutes or so, they appear under View Folders on the BB.

Does folder redirection only work for new messages and not old ones?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #22
jst

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Well after upgrading the OS to 4.1.0.377 (VZW) I had to wipe and reactivate the BES from themessagecenter.com. Now folder redirection is not working for previous messages filed in the 2 folders on MS exchange.

I tried creating new folders (which the 8703 sees), set folder redirection for them, moved the messages from the old to the new folders. Waited for hours and never see the previous filed messages.

I also moved them to the inbox, marked them as unread in Outlook, but never saw them on the BB. What is working is new messages received since the activation can be filed via Outlook and after 15 minutes or so, they appear under View Folders on the BB.

Does folder redirection only work for new messages and not old ones?
Did you ever get this working? I went from BES at my previous company, so a hosted exchange+BES on my own. I wiped the device before actvating with my new service. I have everything filed in exchange/outlook, and I see nothing on my device, even though folder redirection is set. I can only file new messages.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 PM   #23
DJChew
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: Rogers

Folder Redirection is not available with BIS. BIS 2.0 and I think 4.2.2 software may show Folder Redirection for BIS email addresses, but it is greyed out.
It for sure will not give your IMAP/POP email account's folders.

When Folder Redirection is enabled for a folder, older messages will not come to the device. Only new mail.

If you have a BES, and you want old mail to come to the device you would need to switch devices or be re-added to the BES with clearing BBInfo folders, and the reactivated in order to activate Prepopulation of email. Lookup Email Prepopulation with BES for more info.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 AM   #24
KrystleT

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Sorry to bring up such an old thread:

Has anyone worked out how to get old messages from outlook subfolders onto a Blackberry device?

Please don’t tell me people upgrade their Blackberry’s and lose all the old emails saved in sub-folders?!?!

The sync works; I can see all the new messages, but nothing prior to today’s date.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Krystle
Old 05-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
dmathews

Model: 8130
Carrier: US Cellular

Great, this works like a charm!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #26
nlopes

Model: 8810
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosel67 View Post
Took me a while to find this. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

To enable folder redirection (to download messages other than Inbox)...

In Messages: Click Menu, select Options -> Email Settings, click Menu, select Folder Redirection. (ahh, there it is.)

Then select the folders you want to synch with. (Only new messages will appear. To get the older messages, you have to move them out and then back into the appropriate folder.)

MW
This has been bugging me for months
THanks
Closed Thread