BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #21
Pejay66

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry 7290 (Just bought a new 8700c). The other day I removed the battery for a hard reset on the 7290. NOw I have a spinning hourglass for hours. I can not synch it using desktop manager. I can not do anything with it. I want to restore the OS. Any suggestions? Thx.

Patrick
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #22
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

What did that have to do with this 2 year old thread?

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
miguelmx

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel
Default jvm error 102

In my case, I left my 7100i on the table (acapulco on the shade) and when i picked it up... the big "JVM Error 102 Reset" sign, the thing is I work with mac os X and can´t find the way to restore the software. Any knoledge on this matter? anyone???
Thanks
Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #24
anwer38

Model: 7290
Carrier: telenor
Default Hello Mr. ljbrown .. .. Please help me .. .. I'm like drowning !!

I have the very very same problem .. .. i loaded a software into the BB, after the automatic reset, I saw the very same thing, spinning hour glass for sometime and then the LED would glow and then the same spinning hour glass again .. .. I tried the JAVA LOADER (JL_CMDER) a million billion times but the same error message COULDNT OPEN PORT.

I had lost hope the the BB would ever reboot again but your solution has aroused the same desire in me again that i'll be able to get it working again.

I request you for a favour, Would you please explain the solution procedure so that I may be able to work out wut to do .. .. Is there no need for the java loader? will the BB desktop manager do that all ?

Please tell me wut to do with my BB .. .. I'll be very much obliged.

Thank you.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #25
ioillusion

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel
Default See this ...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...ror-102-a.html
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #26
antrithus

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NEXTEL
Default error JVM ERROR 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I've had my 7100t for about 4 days here now, and just last night when I was using the browser, my phone crashed. I figured it was no big deal, but I started it back up... it was a big deal - "JVM Error 102". Alright, so I tell it to go ahead with a hard reset. It blanks the screen for half a second, then says "JVM Error 102" yet again. I again click reset, and it goes through the hard reset... but when it finishes, I just get the errors again. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
PLEASE
Old 11-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
traveler20
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrithus View Post
PLEASE
For some reason there seems to be a lot of very UN-helpful people in this forum who insist on either giving the wrong answer or get a kick out of parroting others who answer the wrong question.

Just had the same problem here with an 8703e. Loading an app caused an infinite reboot about every 30 seconds, with no apparent way to wipe or reload the device. Tried the javaloader and it could not establish connectivity before the device would reboot again. Unlike a Palm device, there are no key sequences that can wipe a Blackberry without outside intervention.

Found the solution. If you have the same problem (quick infinite reboot loop), do this. Open the blackberry desktop icon group on your PC. Run the Application Loader and click through until you get to the connectivity screen. Connect your device to the USB port on your computer, don’t worry about it rebooting while this is happening, this will become important shortly. With your mouse ready to click “next” at the bottom of the dialog box, watch the connectivity box and wait for it to show “USB” along with your device PIN. As soon as you see that (should change from a com port), click next. If all goes well, you should see the app say it’s reading from the device, and the device should have paused rebooting (with a black screen). Click through the app loader and observe (but don’t change) the options set. One of the options you should see is the system software to be updated. That’s good, since that’s what goobered-up (technical term). Don’t worry about wiping the apps and data, you have no choice. Click through all that and allow it to update your device. When it’s through, it should have the default apps and the radio turned off. Turn the radio back on (and the service books should start arriving), then proceed to restore from your last backup. That should get you back up and running, though it’s going to take a while (like an hour or more). I have an advantage because I’ve wiped and reloaded this beast many times troubleshooting RIM’s “known” problems with the current operating system (the disappearing icons issue).

Note, however, that the operating system update doesn’t restore all the apps you had before, so run the Application Loader again and put back everything else, you might also need to reinstall some third-party apps. Note also that if you use your blackberry as a PDA your personal databases will no longer be sync’d to your PC organizer software, so you’ll need to “import” rather than “sync” only for the next sync operation (a friend who bought a new Palm forgot about that and sync’d his empty Palm to Outlook and got Outlook just as empty as his new device, rather than loading everything from scratch). The only thing you will lose is your email, back to the date of your last backup.

Hope that helps.
Closed Thread