BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #41
kpoland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I spent a couple hours on the phone with RIM yesterday and was finally able to get it working.

I don't know what did it, but the only thing I did differently was, after the JavaLoader -u wipe and reinstalling 4.0.2 (they wouldn't let me put 4.1 on it as they dont support it, so I had to play ball), I added friends by PIN before I activated myself on the BES. I don't know if that was the deciding factor, but thats the only thing I did differently.
"Sink or Swim" Educated
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #42
PrinceEdwardIV

Model: 7100i
Default My Pin

My pin is 4011A824
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #43
GardnerMS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Thanx for the info about clicking on [use once] rather than pressing the enter key.. makes adding pins MUCH easier....

mG
Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #44
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Question I am having this same problem with BB Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoland
I recently updated 2 handhelds to 4.1 core. I added BB Messenger as a piece of fluff that I thought might be useful. Trouble is, it just doesn't work on one of the handhelds.

On one handheld, the conversation appears perfectly. On the second, the conversation shows none of the text from the other persons messages. In fact, if the one that works (A) messages the one that doesn't (B), there is never any alert of any kind. No Current Conversations start, etc.

I've tried reloading the BB Messenger (4.1 came with a slightly older version). I've also tried deleting the contacts and adding them by Use Once - PIN. I cannot figure this out.

Anyone else seen this before? Feel free to message me... If I don't reply it's because I didn't get it...
Ok here's my quick story. I have an 8100 on Cingular, my wife has a 7130E on Sprint. Let me first say that we had the same exact problem when she was with Cingular, and her company just signed up with Sprint. I can PIN her, and BB Messenger her. She then writes me back, my phone shows arrows on the EDGE bar, but the messages never reach me. So in review, I can PIN or BB Messenger her, but cannot recieve her message back. We've tried invitations back and forth, that didn't help either. I have no such problem with my other connected friends who are on Cingular and not to PIN and also BB Messenger with each other. So, is it a setting on my end? Is it a block somehow on her end that was installed by her IT Department? I'm out of ideas at this point. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #45
crackbradley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telus

It's probably one of two things:
1. She's on a BES and they've put a policy in place that eliminates her ability to send PIN messages, or
2. the BB isn't provisioned properly. If she isn't on a BES then call her carrier and run it by their data team so they can check provisioning.

Brad
Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #46
Coach Lon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackbradley
It's probably one of two things:
1. She's on a BES and they've put a policy in place that eliminates her ability to send PIN messages, or
2. the BB isn't provisioned properly. If she isn't on a BES then call her carrier and run it by their data team so they can check provisioning.

Brad
She confirms that she is on a BES.