BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
korpanopoly

Model: 8700
Question BlackBerry Redirector / Mail Connector Question - Please Help!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I was reading the BlackBerry FAQ’s “methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry”. My question relates to the following statement for BOTH the BlackBerry Redirector and the BlackBerry Mail Connector. The statement I am referring to is: “This is a special software program included on a CD included with BlackBerries, that you can install on your computer.”

I recently purchased an 8700 from Rogers Wireless in Canada, and I did not receive this aforementioned CD. The only CD I received in the package was the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

My question is twofold:

1) Is this CD supposed to come standard with each and every BlackBerry?
2) Given that I did not receive the CD, is there any other way that I can get the necessary software / CD to enable the use of either the BlackBerry Redirector or the BlackBerry Mail Connector?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and attention. I would appreciate any information that anyone may have regarding my question.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I think it might be referring to the Desktop Manager set up CD. When you install Desktop Manager, it gives you 3 options, BES (Corporate Server), Redirector, and BIS (Personal).

With Redirector, you have to have the PC up and running to get email. With BIS, you set up the BB and your email accounts on your carrier"s BIS site and your email is pushed to you automatically. BES requires the corporate email server.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
korpanopoly

Model: 8700

OK.

I must have missed this option during my initial set-up. I wonder if I un-install then re-install if I will be presented with this option again?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpanopoly
OK.

I must have missed this option during my initial set-up. I wonder if I un-install then re-install if I will be presented with this option again?
You should. Try it and see!
Closed Thread