BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #221
sigalmar

Model: 7100T
Default Same Problem. Please Somebody Has An Answer?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGabo
Mark, you state: 'No BES needed! No MDS needed!'.

I'm at T-Mobile Hungary and I can't get Blackberry service just yet (neither BES nor BWC) but I can get a full-blown GPRS internet plan that works perfect on my Motorola MPX200 (Web, IM, etc).

When I set the same APN/username/password and/or WAP gateway, nothing works. Tunnel can be opened (meaning, username and password are OK) but it seems to time out and I get a 'could not connect' error message. I Tried VeriChat, WebViewer, SSH apps, no go.

How could I troubleshoot my problem and do I need to make any requests from my provider? Better asked: is there any difference how a 'normal' phone (Nokia / Motorola GPRS phones) access GPRS and how the Blackberry does?

Tx,
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #222
X_fury

Model: Curve
Carrier: rogers

well i am with bell mobility and have the 7250 model and im+ wont work properly i click trial and it bring me to the service list i have the wap info in and when i click connect after putting in im info it tries for about a min they i get error code 502, null, if i try to do the auto confie it errors out too.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #223
HIH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Tryied to get the GoogleLocal to work but failed numerous times. Any advice? Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #224
FastNet

Model: 8120
Carrier: 51
Talking Tim Peru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGabo
Mark, you state: 'No BES needed! No MDS needed!'.

I'm at T-Mobile Hungary and I can't get Blackberry service just yet (neither BES nor BWC) but I can get a full-blown GPRS internet plan that works perfect on my Motorola MPX200 (Web, IM, etc).

When I set the same APN/username/password and/or WAP gateway, nothing works. Tunnel can be opened (meaning, username and password are OK) but it seems to time out and I get a 'could not connect' error message. I Tried VeriChat, WebViewer, SSH apps, no go.

How could I troubleshoot my problem and do I need to make any requests from my provider? Better asked: is there any difference how a 'normal' phone (Nokia / Motorola GPRS phones) access GPRS and how the Blackberry does?

Tx,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob61280
my question is the same as RGabo,

if blackberry service is not available through a normal gprs/gsm connection, is it possible to use wap,sms, and retrieve pop email in a traditional non-blackberry way, with a blackberry?

thanks
Rob
Hello, i Have a 7290 Blackberry from Sigapur, but i live in Peru, in my country(Peru) there is not the blackberry service, but my SIM card is working OK in my Siemens CF62T, but when i want to use my SIM Card in my Blackberry, i can´t connect to the WEB; in my Siemens i have configurated the GPRS,
APN:wap.tim.pe
userAPN:tim
PasswordAPN:tulibertad
gateway IP: 213.26.205.1
Port: 9201
this configuratios is working OK in My Siemens CF62T, but why it dosen´t work in my blackberry? i am using WebViewer, IM+, and other smalls programas for blackberry but it seems to time out and I get a 'could not connect' error message.
I need help please, some body help me please, thanks.
sorry, my english is not good, but i hope you can understund. Thanks Very Much.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #225
Larry Elliott

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Vodafone NZ

Hi Does anyone know how to set up Internet use from Vodafone NZ. Their current restrictions even prevent me from using bbSpell or MobiMate. talking with the so called support persons is a waste of time... We dont support 3rd Party Software...
Thanks for any assistance
Larry Elliott
Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #226
causerie

Model: 7100T
Default Latest version of Causerie for BlackBerry is now available

The latest version of Causerie for BlackBerry is now available. Downlaod it from the forum website of MantraGroup. Visit the following website for the details.
http:/www.mantragroup.com/forums/
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 AM   #227
wireless18

Default Alltel without BES

[Alltel] Anyone know of any free solution for internet on 3rd party apps for Alltel users without BES. We have quite a few of these users who I would love to get network connections working for.

Cheers
Jonathan
"A Wireless Golfer"
http://www.wireless18.com

Last edited by wireless18; 02-15-2006 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Adding title and 3rd party apps string
Old 02-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #228
cpt.howdy

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle16
ok i spent hours upon hours researching this matter before calling Cingular. below is what i did and what you should do if you want to get the Internet configured correctly (so you can use 3rd party apps) and avoid the dreaded "could not open tunnel - failed" error message.......

btw - after performing the 4 steps below Verichat worked like a charm

#1 - call the (866) 490-2666 Blackberry support line - DO NOT CALL Cingular Care (they are clueless when it comes to Blackberry configuration/setup).

#2 - ask for the Blackberry (non-BES) plan you need (tiered/unlimited) AND ask that they specifically use one of the "new" plans. The newer plans are set to auto-provision your account to avoid all of the troubles of the past (got confirmation of this today).

UPDATE: my unlimited plan is BB UNL ADD ON - $44.99

#3 - configure your TCP option with the appropriate info - How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry

#4 - remove battery from your , wait 30 seconds, reinsert - all is right with your Blackberry!!!
After getting all the tunnel timeout errors and the like I followed Kyle16's steps 3-4 (already had unlimited with Cingular) and now both BBWeather and BBToday work flawlessly! Thanks Kyle.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:33 PM   #229
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

I was using IM+ trial and I liked it. The trial expired and went to buy and saw that there is a new version which I downloded and loaded. Once I set the setting I got this Error message text: Uncaught Exception: Java.lang.classCastException.

I have been in contact with IM+ support who told me to use the regular version (which requires cingular wap) and i am insisting on the the wap version that uses the BB.net. have done unistall and hard reset and so on and this message keeps on comming up. I also tried to go into the app after the messaage and the screen freezes and can not exit from it without shuting the BB down. I am using the 8700c. Any one that can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #230
MadHatter

Model: 8700v
Thumbs up Vodafone [UK] users TCP Settings

Hi,

I just wanted to let others know that I finally got my blackberry working on a tcp/ip GPRS connection. After many posts on the internet that all seemed be providing the incorrect TCP settings for Vodafone UK, I finally found the correct settings (and not from Vodafone, even they couldn't provide this info)

I am using IM+ on the new Blackberry 8700 and pretty please with the functionality, well actually i'm more pleased just to get this damn thing working!

Set your TCP settings to:
APN: internet
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Turn off the Blackberry and remove battery then startup again.

Settings I used on IM+ are:
Connection type: TCP/IP
Advanced Settings: Direct TCP / Nextel Support
Port: 443
Use SSL: No

Not sure if this works in Spain and other countries with Vodafone but worth a shot!

Chau
Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #231
wavebourn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700C

The new number is 1-800-331-0500, the rest is correct and works just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle16
ok i spent hours upon hours researching this matter before calling Cingular. below is what i did and what you should do if you want to get the Internet configured correctly (so you can use 3rd party apps) and avoid the dreaded "could not open tunnel - failed" error message.......

btw - after performing the 4 steps below Verichat worked like a charm

#1 - call the (866) 490-2666 Blackberry support line - DO NOT CALL Cingular Care (they are clueless when it comes to Blackberry configuration/setup).

#2 - ask for the Blackberry (non-BES) plan you need (tiered/unlimited) AND ask that they specifically use one of the "new" plans. The newer plans are set to auto-provision your account to avoid all of the troubles of the past (got confirmation of this today).

UPDATE: my unlimited plan is BB UNL ADD ON - $44.99

#3 - configure your TCP option with the appropriate info - How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry

#4 - remove battery from your , wait 30 seconds, reinsert - all is right with your Blackberry!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #232
hansenc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Ok i just got off the phone with cingular and this is what the guy added to my account and now everything is working great

BB UNL ADD ON $44.99
/BB UNL ADD ON $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00
Old 03-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #233
zmetman

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon
Default Help! Still cannot run AIM

I have an 8700c on Cingular (not a former AT &T customer) with the 4.X software already installed, have read through a number of posts regarding getting instant messaging to work, and still I cannot access AIM via Ramble (v. . I have already taken the following steps:

I have configured the TCP as directed:

Go to Options->TCP
APN: wap.cingular
Username: [email address]
Password: CINGULAR1

I also called Cingular to have the WIX Data Connect feature added to my account

I downloaded Ramble (V.0.9.10.8)

I changed my TLS default to "Handheld" form "Proxy"

I have rebooted the device a number of times.

After all of the above, I still get the message "Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel-failed" when trying to log onto my AIM account.

Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:00 PM   #234
zmetman

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

UPDATE:

I don't know why it works (and the Cingular rep didn't think it would work), but I had them add "WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00", to my features, and now I can use Ramble.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #235
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmetman
UPDATE:

I don't know why it works (and the Cingular rep didn't think it would work), but I had them add "WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00", to my features, and now I can use Ramble.
I have a feeling the "Pay Per Use" feature is going to actually charge you "Per Use" - call me crazy, but that's my feeling...
Old 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #236
rushinws

Model: 8800
Carrier: att
Default suncom

can you add a suncom config
Old 03-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #237
lawalk

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default help cingular media-net

I am currently a cingular subscriber and i am also subscribe to the medianet on a standard flip phone. my question is this: if i was to get a blackberry 7290, will my standard medianet subscription still works with blackberry to get my email on the go or just to browse the web.

thanks in advance
Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #238
Corby

Model: Bold
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Elliott
Hi Does anyone know how to set up Internet use from Vodafone NZ. Their current restrictions even prevent me from using bbSpell or MobiMate. talking with the so called support persons is a waste of time... We dont support 3rd Party Software...
Thanks for any assistance
Larry Elliott
I see there's not much response from NZ on this. I too called VFNZ with regard to not being able to access SSL websites. The response was "you cant". I spoke to a network guy who said, "can you access other sites?" "Then you should be able to access https:// sites". Still no further along...........
Old 03-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #239
ChrisCarson

Model: 7250

test
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 PM   #240
ChrisCarson

Model: 7250
Red face US Cellular Internet

Hi,
I am new to this forum and to BB. US Cellular just started selling BBs in December which is when I got a 7250.

Can anyone help me with internet access for US Cellular.
I know they work in conjuction with EasyEdge and QUALCOMM BREW for internet service.

http://easyedge.uscc.com/easyedge/jsp/faqs.jsp

http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/Silve...ome.html?id=20

Thanks Much for your help,
Chris