Old 07-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
freesly

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maroc telecom
Default Please HELP! BB bold 9000. restart and crash in loop

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I took this Bold 9000 from my sister whose carrier was "SFR" (France).
I have succesfully got the code to make it work in morroco with "Maroc telecom".

everything was working great and i decided badly to upgrade os to OS 5

the update crashed and now when i try to reload the os and app the BB restart while the data is loading.

... Sorry still not finished.

So I read the post on this forum about JLcmd and data whipe.

after i've done the manipulation the BB is still restarting inopinely but now with the progress bar indicating the "Wipe". and when the progress bar come to 14 % again the µBB restart again and again.

Pleasssssse help me i hope to not have to throw it.

Thank you for all help you may provide.

Last edited by freesly; 07-19-2010 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: wrong typing
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
traveler20
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesly View Post
Hi,

I took this Bold 9000 from my sister whose carrier was "SFR" (France).
I have succesfully got the code to make it work in morroco with "Maroc telecom".

everything was working great and i decided badly to upgrade os to OS 5

the update crashed and now when i try to reload the os and app the BB restart while the data is loading.

... Sorry still not finished.

So I read the post on this forum about JLcmd and data whipe.

after i've done the manipulation the BB is still restarting inopinely but now with the progress bar indicating the "Wipe". and when the progress bar come to 14 % again the µBB restart again and again.

Pleasssssse help me i hope to not have to throw it.

Thank you for all help you may provide.
If you’re describing the “JL_cmder” script, there’s a lot more to the process than that.

Have you installed the Blackberry Desktop Manager? You’ll need it to reload the device operating system.

Have you downloaded the latest device software specifically for your Bold 9000 from RIM? You’ll need that, too, to refresh the damaged software inside the device. Install that after the desktop, so the desktop loader can start loading it first. Strongly suggest to download all of these packages first, and run them locally, rather than trying a web update.

After you have that stuff set up, then the procedure would be to wipe with the Javaloader (takes less than a minute), and then run the applications loader to re-install the operating system (that takes a while). I’ve done that many times with my older 8703e, most recently after a dangerous app blew out part of my device operating system when it crashed.

However, are you certain that SFR devices will work ok on Maroc Telecom? I may be mistaken, but I don’t see device software specific to Moroc Telecom at RIM’s support web site. If the device software load fails, be sure to use the Vodafone SFR version and go from there. The latest SFR package appears to be v5.0.0.1137, is that what you’re trying to load?

BTW, the software load and boot procedure for Blackberry devices takes a long time, so expect it to take a while. Some load operations can take a half-hour or more. I spent half a day reloading and restoring my older device. Just be sure the battery is fully charged first, then try it again.
Closed Thread