Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
indira016

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile
Default Bold Or Iphone?

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry if question was already asked, i'm new.

My question is, all in all, Bold or Iphone???
Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10
Carrier: at&t

you gots me. i've stayed with blackberries (including bold) and will stay with blackberry. i very superficially played with an i-phone and while i thought it was impressive, i continue to feel more comfortable with the tactile keyboard and solid email the bold gives (and other blackberries gave) me. it strikes me if substantive e-mails (both ways) are a big part of your (business) use, bold beats i-phone. if not, maybe not

PS, i see there is a Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia by my username and icon. that's really not me. i'm a relatively ignorant business user

Last edited by btaylor1; 07-19-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Old 07-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

I think you need to try both

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

If you need it more for email, than the blackberry bold will destroy any phone including the iphone any day of the week. If prefer apps, unfortunately RIM doesn't offer much application memory, so I'm going to give that one to the iphone. If you can't type on touchscreen, then you will have to go with the bold. But you need to try out both phones in order to see which one suits you.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #5
thecountof
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: O2 Uk

well, I am an Apple Mac user for many, many years now and love Mac.

I purchased the first iphone that came out - loved it loads but the touch screen keyboard is toooooooo slow. I sent it back and got a bold.

but the iphone is great but the only thing for me is teh speed at which I can email or sms is 5 times faster and more accurate on a bold.

Got my wife to get the iphone - so I have the best of both worlds
Old 07-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
bostonnerd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: z10

I have and use both of them on Exchange. As has been suggested previously, try both of them. Each one has design pluses and minuses that are well documented. If you live and die by corporate email, Task lists, and meetings, the Bold "wins" handily. If you are looking for a small networking tablet with tons of applications then the Iphone is a good choice.

While the Iphone is making progress in the corporate Exchange world, it is still not a Blackberry. If however, you can live with its limitations in your world, it's a very nice device.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
audit
Whoever

Model: xxxx

I've been switching my SIM back and forth over the last week or so and for business, the BOLD or any Blackberry win's hands down if your on a BES. Also if your doing a LOT of typing then it smokes the iPhone.

For personal use and apps, the iPhone is a nice device. I used mine over the weekend and was taking a lot of video's and pictures with it at a bday party. They came out better then anything I've ever done on my Bold.

It comes down to what you want it for mainly. If you can use both devices for a week to try them out, do it.

Win or Lose... Everyone Has Their Fight
Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
spenillo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I would choose the Bold, which I own For Multitasking, Email and typing the Bold wins hands down! I heard the Iphone is cool at first but then it loses its appeal

You might be thinking that on BBF the opinions might be biased, but this is a great article that compares all of the great smart phones out!

Ultimate Mobile OS Showdown: iPhone vs Android vs webOs vs Blackberry vs Windows Mobile vs Symbian | Maximum PC
From article:
"Conclusion

When we added up all the qualities we prefer in a smartphone OS, such as multi-tasking support, a good selection of bundled and PIM apps, fast operation, and messaging prowess, we realized that BlackBerry OS is a hair more powerful than iPhone 3.0 OS. Overall, apps loaded faster than they did on the iPhone 3GS. For those who want a rich selection of apps and better media and sync support, the iPhone is a better choice, but we really need multi-tasking in our OS."

Last edited by spenillo; 07-20-2009 at 09:07 AM..
Closed Thread