Old 12-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
GatorBerry

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default PocketMac / Missing Sync / Calendar Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

When I initially got my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 two weeks ago, I installed PocketMac for BlackBerry and synced all of my Entourage contacts and calendar entries without problem. Everything was working and syncing perfectly.

Today I decided to uninstall PocketMac and install Missing Sync, which I had just purchased because it supported iTunes and iPhoto. Somehow all of my calendar entries in my BlackBerry were deleted. On top of that, it would quit whenever it got to the Photo sync part (but that's a whole other issue)... Anyway, I tried several times to fix this, but nothing worked.

So I uninstalled Missing Sync and re-installed PocketMac. I ran the Sync Clean and Data Purge programs available on the PocketMac support site, restarted my computer and tried to sync once again. As I watch the progress bar, after it syncs the contacts, the bar seems to freeze when it's Synchronizing the Calendar. I mean, the animations are running, but the bar just doesn't seem to move. I let it run for 15 minutes and it didn't move. I quit the program and I still have duplicate entries in my BB.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 12-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Hydro311

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I've had no luck whatsoever with PocketMac (hate it), and even M/S is flaky on me occasionally with syncing - it just hangs on the connection once in a while. I've had good luck with doing a backup of my iCal and Addy Book on to my desktop, and then just doing a quick restore for both on my Mac. Then, the next attempted sync with M/S goes as advertised. Dunno why that works, but it does the trick for me.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 AM   #3
GatorBerry

Carrier: Alltel

I ended up connecting my BB to a PC and using the Desktop Manager to clear the database of the calendar... which got rid of all of the multiple entries... Then I had PocketMac sync ONLY the calendar entries w/ Entourage and everything seemed to be back to normal.

I'm just a little upset that after spending $40 on Missing Sync, all I got was about 4 hours of problems and a program that didn't work. Fantastic.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBerry View Post
I ended up connecting my BB to a PC and using the Desktop Manager to clear the database of the calendar... which got rid of all of the multiple entries... Then I had PocketMac sync ONLY the calendar entries w/ Entourage and everything seemed to be back to normal.

I'm just a little upset that after spending $40 on Missing Sync, all I got was about 4 hours of problems and a program that didn't work. Fantastic.
I had the opposite problem, I am very happy with Missing Sync.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #5
derby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT
Default Don't forget to restart.

I've had troubles with PocketMac too. The two utilites to clean out and start over, are actually installed in your user folder, then: Library>Application Support>PocketMacSyncManager>Additional Tools.

No need to search for, and install them.

Use these, and then I've found it crucial to Restart your Mac. If you don't restart, things don't seem to work out as intended.

Doing this should, hopefully, straighten things out for you.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBerry View Post

I'm sure the problem was some how caused by previous syncs with Pocket Mac. I have heard nothing but bad things about that program. I use Missing Sync with my 8830 and have had no problems.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 AM   #7
21BlackMac

Carrier: Sprint
Question Please Help!!!

I'm using PocketMac for Blackberry to Sync Entourage. It has never worked. Now it has erased all of my Entourage Calendar and replaced it with the entries I entered by hand on my Blackberry 8130. My settings weren't set to do that! Ugh. Is there a way to undo a sync? I need my calendar. Please help ASAP.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to

There is a way to get a calendar without MS or PM. Create a google account, install googlesync onto your BB. Get a copy of BusySync,
from BusyMac

Sync iCal and Google Calendar, install busysync on you mac. Download the beta version, $20.00 if you buy it, there is a 30 day trial. Go to the google tab in busysync and tell it which calenders from iCal you to sync to google. Walllah, wireless calender sync for your mac. Now all you need PM or MS for is to do contacts, and PM can handle that.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
montoi132

Model: 8300
Carrier: cingular/at&t

I also use BusySync and Google sync together...as it says on the BusySync site: it just works!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to

I emailed tech support at BusyMac about some issues. They were very responsive and helpful. He also told me that as soon as they get done with BusySync 2.0 they are going to start work on an Address Book sync to Google. Wireless sync for Address Book and iCal, now that's what I'm talk'in about.
Closed Thread