Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
pendetim

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BIS Email and Verizon Portal

Please Login to Remove!

I have just purcahed a Verizon Tour, my first Blackberry. WOW! a nice piece of hardware and very well thought out. Talk about attention to details!

I am having one problem, however. When I got the phone I set up my vzw.blackberry.net email using the email setup wizard on the phone. I seconds I received my welcome email and I was off and running. I can send and receive e-mails using my 9630 with vzw.blackberry.net fine.

The problem is the when I went to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and tried to log in it did not know me or my BB. Thinking I lost my password, I ask it to send it to my e-mail account. Nothing. I put in my PIN and ask it to be sent to that device and received a message that no device with that PIN is associated with a BIS email account.

HELP! How do I get the https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw site to recognize me on the device that I have registered?

Tim
Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I think you have to call Verizon once you've already set up your email on the device. If you hadn't set it up on the phone first, you could set up the BIS without calling VZW.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

A couple points.

First there is a BIS upgrade going on so you may not be able to log into BIS.

To get there in the first place, you need to make sure that your BB data plan is provisioned and the account is activated.

And a note on usng the carrier email address. Some of us here do not recommend using it for 3 main reasons. First, if it gets out and is "harvested" you are open to receive more spam than you care to enjoy since that account is totally unfiltered. Second, you cannot take it with you when and if you switch carriers. Once you cancel the BIS account, it is gone bye bye along with all the mail sent to it. And last, the only way to read email to that account is to use the BB. So in the case of a data outage as is going on now, you have no read or write capability.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
pendetim

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know there was no filtering enabled or able to be setup on vzw.blackberry.net. What an oversight.

Can the acount be disabled by the user or do I need to call VZ if spam is a problem and I need it turned off.

I seem to be able to receive /send mail to this account so I assume I am setup properly. Guess I will need to call when I get a chance.

I have a couple of Gmail accounts that I mostly use for mail so portability is not really an issue.

Thanks, Tim
Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

you can delete the bb.net account by clicking delete next to it in email accounts in BIS.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-04-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You can also just not use it. I have it there as a test account to use to help find out what is working and what isn't.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
LEO_Dom

Model: 8220
Carrier: Rogers
Question '' BIS'' LOST Need help !!!

[QUOTE=Dubdub;1482834]
First there is a BIS upgrade going on so you may not be able to log into BIS.

I have looked around and can't seem to find the answer. First I like to use 2 BB ( 8220 and 8320) I recently purchased the 8320 and it's an unlocked refurb from At &T. I used it for a couple of days and it whent perfectly as to getting my e-mails and all.

But I updated my 8320 yesterday with the BB desktop manager. Now I can't set up the e-mail account. The only set up I can acces is for a BES.

I'm with Rogers (Canada) and I also have a data planfor BB. Dubdub is sayong that there is a BIS upgrade, can't that only be my problem ??
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
pendetim

Default Setting Real Name in From Header

Continuing my exploring the BIS e-mail... I will have to call Verizon tomorrow to get web access setup as this seems to be the only path to remove the 'sent from my Verizon blackberry' tag.

ANother question: When I send an email to some one, it shows up as "from" [email address] with out my real name appearing.

Is there anyway to set up my real name and have it send that as the "from" ( with the [email address] showing as the e-mail address?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #9
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Yes, again, this is in the BIS page.
clicking edit on the account, there is a Name field.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread