BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
mhuckaby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Are your sound settings are whacked also?

Please Login to Remove!

I don't want my phone to make any sound when I receive an email. I have 6 email address set up in my Storm. In the sound settings of each one, I have the volume set to "silent." However, if my phone is set to medium, loud or normal, I still get get a notification sound regardless of the fact I set each email to silent. Why?

So I created a custom profile with each email address set to silent and if my Storm is in that custom profile mode, I do NOT get a notification sound when an email is received. So why is it working "correctly" in my custom profile, but not when set to a predefined setting?

Also, what is up with the names of the sound profiles: medium, loud and normal? Medium is actually the softest of the three. Normal is really medium and loud is the loudest. Couldn't they have named them: soft, medium and loud?

Does "Silent" make everything of every type silent (calls, emails, reminders, etc.)?

Does "Vibrate" give a vibration for every type (calls, emails, reminders, etc.) and no sound is made at all?

I'm also assuming that in "Phone calls only" only a phone call makes a sound and everything else is completely silent? True?

What about "All alerts off?"

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Unfortunately, you have discovered one of the known problems with the Storm. The entire profiles section does not work as it should. If you have a custom profile that works, go with it. Essentially, the standard profiles are all the same: any setting made in one appears in all. This is an acknowledged problem. I was speaking to RIM today on another matter and discussed this problem. They acknowledged it, but class it as "minor" compared to other issues. It is definitely on their list of things to fix. The person I spoke to would not speculate on when the next official OS update will be. 73
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
mhuckaby

Carrier: VZW

I thought I was going a bit crazy! Thanks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
Unfortunately, you have discovered one of the known problems with the Storm. The entire profiles section does not work as it should. If you have a custom profile that works, go with it. Essentially, the standard profiles are all the same: any setting made in one appears in all. This is an acknowledged problem. I was speaking to RIM today on another matter and discussed this problem. They acknowledged it, but class it as "minor" compared to other issues. It is definitely on their list of things to fix. The person I spoke to would not speculate on when the next official OS update will be. 73
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
zeteo

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
Not one ... ANOTHER ...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

zeteo must be suffering from Buyers Remorse
Closed Thread