BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
JNHohol
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Exclamation Visual Voicemail - Calling All Sprint BlackBerry Users!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Are you on Sprint and you want to have Visual Voicemail without any additional cost?

Did you know that Sprint includes Visual Voicemail for Samsung Instinct users?

I do, and I believe that we are on the only major carrier that won't allow us to forward unanswered calls to a visual voicemail system (YouMail, PhoneTag, etc.) without a charge.

Currently we have to pay $.20 per forward which really makes this financially ridiculous. If you averaged (3) voicemails a day, it would cost you almost $20 a month in addition to your regular charges.

I would like to start an email campaign to "dan@sprint.com", which is Dan Hesse
Sprint CEO, to ask for him/them to allow us to forward our unanswered calls to a visual voicemail system WITHOUT the $.20 charge.

I am hoping that maybe Sprint will respond if they receive enough emails from us telling them that we want to be be able to forward our unanswered calls for no charge, like all the rest of the major carries let their BlackBerry users do for visual voicemail forwarding.

I don't see how forwarding our unanswered calls would have a negative impact on Sprint. One representative told me that Sprint wanted to avoid having customers forward calls to another mobile number to avoid additional charges on the first mobile number, but we are asking for unanswered calls only. If you don't answer the phone you can't talk anyway.

We will see if Sprint is really concerned about improving their customer service reputation. Lets start emailing Mr. Hesse at [email address] and let him know we would like this problem fixed.

What do you think?

Jon
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

"One representative told me that Sprint wanted to avoid having customers forward calls to another mobile number to avoid additional charges on the first mobile number..."

Pretty creative, but is charging 20 cents better than someone using their minutes up? What extra charges would there be unless you're forwarding it internationally? Gee Sprint, thanks for making it so painful that I'll save my minutes for real calls.

Good luck with your plan. I'm not on Sprint, but I'm all for lower extra charges.
Closed Thread